Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

Haven't had the time to read all the thread, but why Starlight hasn't been labeled as a demo on the disc???

Haven't had the time to read all the thread, but why Starlight hasn't been labeled as a demo on the disc???
Maybe it burnt their brain to the ground thinking if they should call it Thriller (Demo) or Starlight (Demo)? It's the demo to Thriller, not to Starlight? But judging by BTM Mike's Mix Demo they could've called it Starlight (Thriller Demo).

Maybe it burnt their brain to the ground thinking if they should call it Thriller (Demo) or Starlight (Demo)? It's the demo to Thriller, not to Starlight? But judging by BTM Mike's Mix Demo they could've called it Starlight (Thriller Demo).
Starlight is clearly a demo, regardless of what. It's not a fully polished song.

Maybe it burnt their brain to the ground thinking if they should call it Thriller (Demo) or Starlight (Demo)? It's the demo to Thriller, not to Starlight?
True :ROFLMAO: For me it will probably stay Starlight (Demo)
But judging by BTM Mike's Mix Demo they could've called it Starlight (Thriller Demo).
Slapstick (Hot Street Demo)

ngl, stuff like this melts my brain too, I can never decide what I like more and how to name the songs :unsure:

I'm listening to the second disc right now for the first time and am giving my first impressions:

1. Starlight = demo (good to have it officially released, but nothing new really)
2. Got The Hots = another demo, yay :( good to have it but again nothing really new.
3. Who do you know = woohoo, another demo :( Goin' Places era?
4. Carousel = sound quality - perplexed, sounds as an older version, not sure whether it sounds as a demo or a not completely polished song.

I'm listening to the second disc right now for the first time and am giving my first impressions:

1. Starlight = demo (good to have it officially released, but nothing new really)
2. Got The Hots = another demo, yay :( good to have it but again nothing really new.
3. Who do you know = woohoo, another demo :( Goin' Places era?
4. Carousel = sound quality - perplexed, sounds as an older version, not sure whether it sounds as a demo or a not completely polished song.
Even the leaked carousel is better than this one.
Leaked > T2001 > T25 > T40 me thinks.

Even the leaked carousel is better than this one.
Leaked > T2001 > T25 > T40 me thinks.
I haven't read anyone's opinion yet, because I didn't want to be influenced by anyone. So far this Thriller 40 is average release. Only hard core fans like some of us will like to have these to complete our collection of official releases. But honestly I'm sick of them milking us to the core. After this release they should release as I already said all they possess: demos, snippets, finished songs, remixes on several CDs so that we can finally finish our Michael Jackson collection before people start to not give an effin damn any more. They're killing MJ's legacy. I'm fed up with them handling this so badly.

6. Can't get outta the rain... F..k them! Why release this when we already have it on other CDs? Why not Niteline and Hot Street? Thriller era, hello?

7. The Toy... like Starlight and BTM demos, good to have it officially released for fans.
8. Sunset Driver... another demo, yay :( pfff. Good to have it for fans, but then why the hell not release a complete collection of all MJ's demos and call it DEMOS album?

I will say, even with all the issues, it's still exciting to wake up today and it be an MJ release day. I'm very much sitting by my front door all day waiting for Amazon updates.

The Dolby Atmos mix for Thriller is incredible too. So, with Who Do You Know/Lovely Way, 4K short films and Dolby Atmos mix of Thriller.. it's been a pretty good release. Not perfect, but nothing will be from those guys.

Who do you know and what a lovely way to go are the only tracks that bring a bit of excitement (because they're new)

The others are garbage and stuff we've already heard before. This time though the quality of these songs are questionable due to the poor sound.

Very much clear that Michael had a quality over quantity mindset. To think of how long his career lasted and we're left with only a handful of the same unreleased tracks.

10. She's Trouble - finally a real 80s Thriller era sound! Though already leaked it's the best song on the second CD for me. Again, I can't help but wonder why they didn't release Hot Street and Niteline. They leaked in the 90s, I had them on a floppy disk. Why holding them back? It's not as if they were some kind of blockbuster hits! Honestly, I'm content to have all this stuff officially released , but I'm utterly disappointed how few material they released on this Thriller 40 considering that they're just demos and that there's tons of demos out there.

Who do you know and what a lovely way to go are the only tracks that bring a bit of excitement (because they're new)

The others are garbage and stuff we've already heard before. This time though the quality of these songs are questionable due to the poor sound.

Very much clear that Michael had a quality over quantity mindset. To think of how long his career lasted and we're left with only a handful of the same unreleased tracks.
I think he started experimenting more post Thriller, with the Bad era being the peak of demos. The Dangrous having only a few, HIStory, probably even less outtakes, then we have the Invincible era where people claim there were a lot of songs again and the post Invincible era where nothing is actually known (probably a lot of unfinished stuff).

Back