Thriller 40th Anniversary

The new footage looks outstanding

I just wish they'd release it rather than tease us with snippets of it, like what is the point of holding onto footage of Michael and Paul recording TGIM? What are they waiting for?

It would be a great way to celebrate the 40th anniversary to release the studio footage as an unofficial music video, than to tease us with snippets in a documentary.
Now y'all are seeing my point. I've been saying this on here for years now lol
I’m so used to the studio versions. Michael looks angry and sounds aggressive singing a song that is supposed to be tender (‘human nature’). the ‘victory’ tour is getting its own documentary anyway.
Never in my life thought about that but it's actually hard not to sing that song with that face. I've tried it. It's not the entire song in a frown though lol. I feel
Right? Paul decided to bring some unseen goodies to the light and it's greafull
I'm guessing because Paul owns the rights to that song & footage he could use it? Or maybe him & the estate are just cool like that
My distaste for Victory due to its poor sounds is still here, but having a full concert in such quality would surely make up for it.
It's something about those synthesizers & the drums...I hate them! I'm not sure if they were all electric or what & that God awful snare on EVERY SONG! I can hear it in my head right now lol. The only times the drums sounded ok was during Jermaine session & ib think the reason is because jermaine probably used the exact drums on his albums. I'll never understand how mj went from quality Quincy to the way the victory tour instruments sounded. Maybe the bros out voted him on it

Last edited:
I'm not gonna say all that....

There's joy in repetition sometimes.
For sure! But there are times when I can’t help but wonder how much more replay value his shows would have if there was some differentiation. That’s one of the reasons I loved the Broadway show so much; songs like “Smooth Criminal,” “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” and “Thriller” were given fresh and interesting interpretations, rather than the rinse-and-repeat method MJ stuck to. Of course the original recipe is classic for a reason, but when you’ve tasted the same dish hundreds of times, it’s hard to not get excited when some new flavors are brought into the mix.

Literally the only thing the Estate has done with this documentary is prove to people that they have material to release, stuff that fans have wanted for years. They just do not wanna release it.

I hate their teasing, and i refuse to support it any longer lol

I hope they release the Victory Tour for fans who want it

With that being said, that short clip sums up my frustration with the Victory Tour.
The instrumentation and backing vocals from the brothers make Human Nature sound ordinary

You're welcome.

All hail @kai for the original clip, all hail @wonderouzmj for bringing us an extended clip. Awesome!

It's wild. I love it.

I want this SO much. It's great having random songs or short little clips - some people have done some great work in this area - but a complete concert is what's needed.

i only posted the link.. i did not upload this

That's a pretty cool thing to win.

I will not be posting myself doing the Thriller dance though so I'll be sitting this one out lol.

I understand that he’s literally the producer, but with how he’s talked about MJ and how he abandoned him in 2019, I find it rich that he’s suddenly back on the wagon.

And yet, I also desperately want it lol.

Yeah I remember him being very bitter and weird for a while. Was surprised when that statement celebrating the 40th got posted on twitter and how positive it was tbh.

all vinyls autographed like this:
images

For sure! But there are times when I can’t help but wonder how much more replay value his shows would have if there was some differentiation. That’s one of the reasons I loved the Broadway show so much; songs like “Smooth Criminal,” “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” and “Thriller” were given fresh and interesting interpretations, rather than the rinse-and-repeat method MJ stuck to. Of course the original recipe is classic for a reason, but when you’ve tasted the same dish hundreds of times, it’s hard to not get excited when some new flavors are brought into the mix.
Yeah, that's the main reason I want 1 offs like One Night Only.

It only took them what, a week and a half to promote these on the socials? Progress!
I'm actually okay with the long tail approach to promotion. The entire industry has been topsy turvy advertising ever since Beyonce stealth dropped her album. So you can change the methodology plenty often.

They have a YouTube channel with millions of subscribers, they should share a promo for the documentary.
Or, the footage they used from the Victory tour on the documentary

First John Branca thinks he is MJ. Now Quincy thinks it. It’s a battle of egos between the two. They will never be on good terms.

Back