Thriller 40th Anniversary

Whilst I don't understand why they lied about it, I did find it quite funny that this just proves that all the people who claimed to be able to hear the difference between digital and analogue records couldn't at all.
Their records are still generally some of the best you can get, though, whether digital or not. Their premium ones, anyway.

Last edited:
Well, a scandal broke out recently cause it was discovered they used digital masters (DSD, I believe) for some One-Step issues in the past.
Well some of its releases are considered rather lacking (I checked some discogs comments some time ago). But most of them should be good

Well some of its releases are considered rather lacking (I checked some discogs comments some time ago). But most of them should be good
Yeah, some of them have been hit or miss. Their one (two, lol) step vinyls are considered to be very good though.

What is the best sounding thriller out as of now? 1st pressing, Sacd, dsd, half speed or the Japanese pressing?

sacd I think
The first SACD has some issues. It's either the 1st US print or the Japanese "mastersound".

There was a "second" Japanese (I think) SACD that was released, but you can't find it online (unfortunatelly).

Doesn’t the entire tracklist normally leak some weeks before the release?

I have the tracklist but I there is an embargo that forbids me to reveal it. But I will give a hint, all tracks include JB and that is not James Brown…

That person actually works for Sony in marketing too.
Will laugh if there is one, then they where correct.
I'm surprised not heard anything from Travis 3000. They/are legit.

Take all leaka with a grain of salt, we were supposed to get hot summer fun time on Xscape but we never did, even though it was planned.

If they want to have remix duets on the CD, I can't see how they could not go with Bruno Mars (or The Weeknd even though I don't fancy him). These two are also huge at the moment and even go with the 80s themed music. I'm scratching my head if nothing comes out with one of these. Instead, if true, we get the remixes with Kanye, Will and Fergie re-released

As AlwaysThere mentioned in another thread, Michael never seemed to pick the optimal duet partners, and it seems like The Estate has the same flaws as well.

Justin Timberlake did not fit IMO. Drake!? What were they thinking. Akon makes sense because they actually worked on the song

If they want to have remix duets on the CD, I can't see how they could not go with Bruno Mars (or The Weeknd even though I don't fancy him). These two are also huge at the moment and even go with the 80s themed music. I'm scratching my head if nothing comes out with one of these. Instead, if true, we get the remixes with Kanye, Will and Fergie re-released

As AlwaysThere mentioned in another thread, Michael never seemed to pick the optimal duet partners, and it seems like The Estate has the same flaws as well.

Justin Timberlake did not fit IMO. Drake!? What were they thinking. Akon makes sense because they actually worked on the song
The 2008 remixes are included on the digital only disc are they not? . So I'd assume they won't be releasing anything from that as a single? Who knows though with The Estate lol.

Last edited:

I think the drake song was done without permission from the estate

Maybe it was created without the MJ Estate knowing, but they gave permission, otherwise it wouldn’t have been released.

Drake wouldn’t have been allowed to use the song without clearance from the estate. As dam2040 said, it’s entirely possible it was recorded without their knowledge (maybe an under-the-covers deal with Paul Anka), but it would’ve been blocked if the estate didn’t sign off on it, similar to the Justin Bieber duet.

Maybe it was created without the MJ Estate knowing, but they gave permission, otherwise it wouldn’t have been released.

Yeah, didn't they release a statement about the release? There's also no evidence that it was done without them knowing about it.

Back