Thriller 40th Anniversary

Bit off-topic for a minute, hope I don't get murdered for it, but how does it feel being a new fan? 🤣
Not to derail the thread, in real short - anywhere from "OMG, I can't believe how wonderful this is" to "deeply depressed for missing out on the 80s". Certainly not yet poisoned and staying optimistic about things.
Very very detailed discussions are on this thread -

Not to derail the thread, in real short - anywhere from "OMG, I can't believe how wonderful this is" to "deeply depressed for missing out on the 80s". Certainly not yet poisoned and staying optimistic about things.
Yes... very, very, very detailed conversations LOL

But I stand by everything I wrote in that initial post too. I still feel all of it. The total admiration, obsession, wildness. I'm completely enthralled, excited, and optimistic about Michael ALL the time :)

Sorry.

Yes... very, very, very detailed conversations LOL

But I stand by everything I wrote in that initial post too. I still feel all of it. The total admiration, obsession, wildness. I'm completely enthralled, excited, and optimistic about Michael ALL the time :)
You are a breath of fresh air. I love your enthusiasm and POSITIVITY. I have been a Michael fan for 40+ years and have gone through all kinds of negative bs from false allegations to contrived media assaults against Michael. Not once has my fandom waivered or have I become bored being a MJ fan. Hope you always have the enthusiasm that you now have as a new fan. Lol, I have had that same enthusiasm for over 40 years and it’s only gotten stronger. Here’s to YOU.👏🤛👌😄

Yeah, for no reason whatsoever. Not like halloween came unexpected this year (unlike the German winters for Deutsche Bahn)...

The property failed to make it suitable for halloween thriller 4k i'm afraid thriller40 won't be better than thriller25

The property failed to make it suitable for halloween thriller 4k i'm afraid thriller40 won't be better than thriller25
I would still argue it is. Even with all the dropped balls and failures, Thriller 40 is still giving us a better and more interesting selection of content than Thriller 25 did. (Plus, NO REMIXES!)

Let's learn about restoration to film (in regards to MJ 1983-2001)
Films from 1918-1950 are being restored but A MICHAEL JACKSON PROJECT COST BILLIONS & AN ETERNITY let the estate tell us!🙄

There's no excuse to why we don't have his shorts in 4k in 2022 by now leading into 2023! Mj is the still the top dead artist of the year after not even being here since 2009 & they sit back & make millions & billions a year & we fight & fight for things only to get 1 tracklist name a week for the 40th anniversary of the biggest selling album.

Last edited:
Restoring the videos shouldn't be a problem for the estate people, but they don't think it's necessary because they get enough money a year for sales and mj one show mj musical

i actually expected them to not use the opportunity to release thriller on halloween :D
missing opportunities is their thing.. you could say they are professional experts of missing any opportunity.

Rock with you and Don't stop 'til you get enough would be a strange choice, as they were shot on tape. I hope they'll be real remasters and not some 4k upscale.

Rock with you and Don't stop 'til you get enough would be a strange choice, as they were shot on tape. I hope they'll be real remasters and not some 4k upscale.
those two would definetally be AI-enhanced, similar to Eminem's videos or Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

the other shorts will hopefully be 16/35mm scans.

Why would they restore it, they rack up the numbers by the millions on youtube without them being restored. Restoring won’t accelerate that viewing growth I think. For me it is not important but many of you seem to care, so I hope it happens anyway lol

My thoughts…

Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
Billie Jean Motown 25
The Girl Is Mine (Studio Footage) 🤞🏽

Back