Thriller 40th Anniversary

i took both recordings (he played it twice in the seminar) and what i did was i separated each of them into stems of sort using AI (basically i was left with 2 drum tracks, 2 vocal tracks, 2 bass tracks and 2 tracks with everything else).
after this, i then took for example, the isolated vocals of the 1st and 2nd recording, then balanced them to create a stereo sound to it. i did this for all the tracks that i had on me to make the best sounding mixes i could.

after this, i went through each of the tracks to remove any imperfections, like coughing or rustling by listening to both versions of the track, to try and get the cleanest version of the song there can be. i then did my own stuff with balancing every track differently to make it sound as good as possible.

i dont think this will be done like this again as having 2 different recordings of the same song with both Chicago 1945 and Dreams Away is insane.

hell, in my version of chicago in the intro you can hear the snapping of a camera, i never heard it until i did my version.

Adez just told me i made the drums in chicago stereo which is something i did NOT want as the bass and drums are supposed to be in mono. i will be making a reupload soon, apologies.

I'm still surprised Hot Street and Niteline weren't released on Thriller 40, has the Temperton estate blocked those songs being released I wonder?

I doubt they'd save those 2 tracks for a studio album and not Who Do You Know

I'm still surprised Hot Street and Niteline weren't released on Thriller 40, has the Temperton estate blocked those songs being released I wonder?

I doubt they'd save those 2 tracks for a studio album and not Who Do You Know
Both of those songs have complete lyrics, Who Do You Know is basically a lyrical sketch akin to baby babbling at parts lol. It's still very good though

I'm glad Hot Street wasn't released on T40, it's a complete song and it's imo one of the best songs in the vault, it deserves to be released on a studio album or on a reissue with better outtakes.
Yeah, I can't wait for the Weeknd duet version. It's gonna be so litty bruh.

I'm glad Hot Street wasn't released on T40, it's a complete song and it's imo one of the best songs in the vault, it deserves to be released on a studio album or on a reissue with better outtakes.

The leak will be better quality than what they release anyway :)

Regarding Branca’s recent Tik Toks: can’t they at least use higher quality footage and not some grainy, 360p version of Motown 25? Not even for John Branca’s Tik Toks?

Regarding Branca’s recent Tik Toks: can’t they at least use higher quality footage and not some grainy, 360p version of Motown 25? Not even for John Branca’s Tik Toks?

The path of least resistance is to use whatever they can download using YouTubedownloader.com

Idk, I compared the 'new' starlight to the mp3 leak I've been having, it's noticably better. That and Trouble.

Yeah I was talking about Hot Street, which has leaked in great quality, probably being lower quality when it's eventually released. Didn't mention anything about Starlight or Trouble.

Last edited:
Yeah I was talking about Hot Street, which has leaked in great quality, probably being lower quality when it's eventually released. Didn't mention anything about Starlight or Trouble.
I see no reason for Hot Street being lower quality. There's precedence for good quality releases, Thriller wise, the bad in this case are really outliers. Carousel I chalk up mostly to going back to the very earliest tape instead of the 2001/2008 stuff. Maybe because they lost it.

He keep the exact same aaahhhhssss from 88 on the 95 version... WOW!! WE'VE BEEN LISTENING TO 88 VOCALS THIS WHOLE TIME
Do you mean the lead or backing vocals? The lead was most certainly not used on the album version. He re-recorded the song in late 1989 / early 1990, which is why it sounds so similar to the 1988 version, and most of the lead vocals come from that session.

The backing vocals could be the same, but I’m not sure. I think he would have properly re-recorded them in 1989.

Do you mean the lead or backing vocals? The lead was most certainly not used on the album version. He re-recorded the song in late 1989 / early 1990, which is why it sounds so similar to the 1988 version, and most of the lead vocals come from that session.

The backing vocals could be the same, but I’m not sure. I think he would have properly re-recorded them in 1989.
Trust me...im 10x ahead/aware of all of this & yes I meant background vocals. The baritone aaahhhsss (2-3rd layer). They are the exact same. Listen to the multitrack bgv & then the 88. I'm just mind blown that they have always been some bad era mixed in on that particular song

I have the dolby version downloaded & im no expert but I don't think it's supposed to sound the way it sounds. Alot of elements seem to be missing
Dolby and MoFi versions aren't related at all.
The dolby version what do you notice seems to be missing?
The MoFi version what do you notice seems to be missing?

Back