Thriller 40th Anniversary

I just hope we get to see this doc.

It is so late now I would think it embarrasing if it was connected to the 40th anniversary. - I hope they just sell it as a stand alone doc about MJ and the period around (and the making of the album) Thriller.

I don't mind if they scrap the doc I just want to see the glorious 4k footage of the Victory tour :love: . Or sell a deluxe package with a Victory tour concert for those who want it.

I know right! It can never be that easy, always has to be a bunch of nonsense controversy and drama thats just what it's like being an MJ fan. Hopefully future generations won't have to deal with all of it and get to actually enjoy the legacy MJ left behind. Sadly I will probably be long gone before it happens 😞 .

It'll drop somewhere and they won't say anything about it. I'm just interested in seeing the new footage anyway, don't care about how much celebrities love Thriller.

Rumour has it, @Lord Jackson has stolen the master tapes🤣
Hey atleast we got like 12 seconds of leaked footage from the Victory tour on film. Nevermind that the estate probably have countless hours of film footage from that tour just sitting in a vault. Then again knowing the estate they probably don't even know where the footage is located, even though Nelson George found it. But hey who cares right? It's only footage of the greatest entertainer ever at the peak of his fame , who could ever want to see that footage?! Might as well just let it degrade further for a couple more decades.

Hey atleast we got like 12 seconds of leaked footage from the Victory tour on film. Nevermind that the estate probably have countless hours of film footage from that tour just sitting in a vault. Then again knowing the estate they probably don't even know where the footage is located, even though Nelson George found it. But hey who cares right? It's only footage of the greatest entertainer ever at the peak of his fame , who could ever want to see that footage?! Might as well just let it degrade further for a couple more decades.
Preach!!!!

his estate deemed some footage unusable but they don't want to work with those he collaborated with. Michael filmed an entire documentary for Bad and we've only seen bits and pieces......Victory is tougher because of the brothers involvement.......it comes down to money and I'm sure they don't want to be screwed out of anything.

I think i was never more disappointed in the estate then in 2022/23

Yeah, I think it's just that the T40 thing was a major spotlight on how bad they are. Fake songs for example is much worse lol.
I mean, meh. It was a fairly successful package that had some good demos on and we finally saw Thriller and Beat It in 4K.

Of course we had the mess with the fan events and the Billie Jean video alongside the rumoured documentary.

But for me, it was a much better release than some others, for example Off the Wall was terrible, Michael goes without saying and even something like Vision can easily be worse.

For all their previous crimes, T40 wasn’t actually *that* bad.

I mean, meh. It was a fairly successful package that had some good demos on and we finally saw Thriller and Beat It in 4K.

Of course we had the mess with the fan events and the Billie Jean video alongside the rumoured documentary.

But for me, it was a much better release than some others, for example Off the Wall was terrible, Michael goes without saying and even something like Vision can easily be worse.

For all their previous crimes, T40 wasn’t actually *that* bad.
The horrid sound quality of the songs pretty much ruined what was mostly an audio based release to me, so I guess it depends on your outlook.

The video restoration was done perfectly though, agreed.

I just will never understand wtf making them hold things back...they act like what they have of mj is the key to heaven or the cure for cancer. Once we see it then that's it & over & we move on to the next thing. 2017 we all wanted thriller in 4k...now we got it & halfed assed at that with the original audio. No dolby or anything. Not even a release just streaming services. We have to come here just to get good clarity of content done by fans. I don't expect nothing good from the estate... im still mad that I couldn't audition for the biopic because it was given to JERMAINE'S son. (Sigh) at this point...I just don't even care anymore. I really wanted this doc to come to light but f the estate honestly.

The horrid sound quality of the songs pretty much ruined what was mostly an audio based release to me, so I guess it depends on your outlook.

The video restoration was done perfectly though, agreed.
I mean, fandom anecdote, but Carousel from Thriller 40 sounds better coming out my phone speakers than the Thriller 25 version does. All of the music sounds decent "that way", which I suppose isn't a promising sound, but that does take a certain tuning. It doesn't emphasize audiophiles at all; it's the mobile listening era.

Welp. I just realized Billie Jean's 40th Anniversary for the Music Video Debut is 8 days from today.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems like everything regarding T40 has stopped...

So I doubt we will get to see BJ in 1080p HD - even though it would make sense to release it on it's 40th anniversary.

Keeping it back so that they have something for the next official release, Thriller 50!

Back