Thriller Live - Celebrates Selling 1,000,000 Tickets in West End

Peter Andre guest starring in Thriller live’s 4000th West End performance in Septermber, 2018 Photo: Betty Zapata A year after he stopped the show with a mid-song standing ovation at Thriller Live’s 4,000th West End performance, producers today announce that award-winning Peter Andre is to guest star in Thriller Live for a strictly limited two-week season in December.

Peter will headline at the Lyric Theatre from 10 - 22 December (except Sunday evenings) as the first in a series of guest stars and surprises in the show’s final six months at the Lyric, where it is ending its record-breaking 11-year run in April, 2020 to allow the theatre to be refurbished. Plans are in hand to transfer Thriller Live to another West End theatre and a second production will start a 12-month world tour, opening in Lausanne Switzerland on 27 December 2019.

Peter Andre is today a global megastar with almost 6 million social media followers. When he first burst to international fame as a pop artist in the Nineties with hits including ‘Mysterious Girl’ and ‘Flava’, he was the sixth highest selling artist in the UK, having had numerous number one hit singles, two number one albums, and collected a multitude of national and international awards.

Peter said: “I had such an amazing experience performing in Thriller Live’s 4,000th gala night and I can’t wait to come back for a full run of shows. This is such an honour for me because Michael Jackson was musically the biggest influence in my life and career. He made me dream of being on stage and to be part of music. A year ago in Thriller LIve I sang ‘Rock With You’ - which was one of the first records I ever bought - ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’, ‘Man in the Mirror’ and ‘She’s Out of My Life’. I can’t wait to spring a few more surprises!”

Gary Lloyd, Thriller Live’s award-winning Director/Choreographer said: “After working with Peter Andre on his own live stage and arena shows, I discovered how passionate he is about Michael’s music. Peter absolutely wowed us all last year when he appeared as our special guest to help celebrate our 4,000th performance. I am delighted we get the opportunity to explore his incredible talent and affinity for this material even further with the announcement of these dates.”

Thriller Live Producers Paul Walden and Derek Nicol of Flying Music said: “We recently announced that due to the theatre’s refurbishment, Thriller Live will sadly end its record-breaking 11-year run at the Lyric on Sunday 26 April 2020, at which point the show will have completed 4,705 performances making it the longest running show ever at the Lyric and the 11th longest running musical in West End history. We promised special guests and surprises to end our run there on an absolute high and we are delighted to welcome Peter Andre back to headline two weeks of shows. This promises to be an unforgettable experience for fans lucky enough to get a ticket.”

Peter Andre is an award-winning global media star with a successful music and television career. In the 1990s he was the sixth highest-selling artist in the UK, with numerous number one hit singles, two number one albums and toured all over the world collecting a multitude of national and international awards.

With many TV shows and appearances under his belt, including his reality show ‘Peter Andre: My Life’ and ‘60 Minute Makeover’, the third series of ‘I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!’, and the 13th series of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, in which he was partnered with Janette Manrara. Peter has also moved into the world of film.

He has sold out arenas, recently completed his ‘Celebrating 25 Years’ tour and appeared on tour as Teen Angel in ‘Grease: the Musical’.

As well as many more amazing projects, the happily married father of four is busier than ever.

“This special night really did belong to Peter Andre, who clearly looked like all his dreams had come true. His charisma, dance and spot-on vocals were proof of why he has such a huge fan base. He received a mid-song standing ovation for ‘Man in the Mirror’ - and rightly so” Carn’s Theatre Passion

“The audience may have been there to celebrate the life and work of Michael Jackson but, for one night only, their devotion briefly wavered towards another seasoned entertainer making his West End debut, giving him a well deserved standing ovation that disrupted the show mid-performance. Thriller Live is a hugely emotional show anyway so the adulation shown to Peter Andre was the icing on the cake for this West End, and international, record breaking triumph” Stage Review

https://thrillerlive.com/3966-2/

The vultures keep circling...
This writer is apparently the 'Theatre Editor at Time Out'. I'm assuming therefore that he didn't completely disagree with writer Oliver Keens who reviewed 'LN' in Time Out, and reported: 'London, it’s time to stop listening to Michael Jackson', and concluded ' Letting his songs stay ingrained in the fabric of our society says that our society is morally dead. (In Keen's article - which I won't link to - his pretzel-like view about the lack of similar calls to mute eg Bowie concludes that 'Hypocrisy is a small price to pay if victims are finally being believed'.)

Andrzej Lukowski: Thriller Live has had a good run, but post-Leaving Neverland its time has come

It was recently announced that Thriller Live, the venerable Michael Jackson jukebox musical, would be departing from the Lyric Theatre, its home of 11 years, next April. It is to make way for theatre refurbishments, with a new West End home to be announced in due course.

This seems fair enough. Only a fortnight ago, part of the Piccadilly Theatre’s ceiling fell in. And lest we forget, part of the ceiling of the Lyric’s neighbouring Apollo Theatre fell in during a 2013 theatre performance. The Lyric is in fact a few years older.

Nonetheless, I wonder if there will be a sigh of relief from Nimax, which will at last – depending on the new venue – disassociate itself from a show that could be described as a hot potato. There is no reason to doubt Thriller Live will be back, but if it were to announce its closure in 2019, an awful lot would be read into it.

Michael Jackson had been subject to accusations of child abuse for years before Thriller Live had its first performance, and had essentially weathered them: at his death in 2009 he had sold out a 50-date-run at the O2.

Did this year’s harrowing documentary, Leaving Neverland, change that at all? Superficially, no. Around the time it aired, the Thriller Live audience, quizzed by media interested to see if the adulation would wane, generally said the singer shouldn’t be confused with the songs, or vehemently refuted the allegations.

Barely a week after the documentary aired, the show’s PR was back to sending exclamation-mark-heavy emails about its ongoing success.

Still, it remains to be seen what sort of return Thriller Live will make.

The show shied away from the allegations, instead portraying Jackson as the agile ladykiller of his videos. Is that still acceptable? Maybe the show will get away with it if it slips back into the West End quietly.

But if I were one of the producers, I would be terrified of inviting a fresh round of reviews. I’ve reviewed the show before and not mentioned the allegations – I couldn’t do the same with a clear conscience post-Leaving Neverland.

Not only that, it faces a serious threat from the imminent Broadway musical MJ. Currently unseen, the show is facing a level of scrutiny Thriller Live never experienced. Interviews with book writer Lynn Nottage suggest that the musical – set in 1992 as Jackson prepares for the Dangerous World tour – will at least allude to the allegations of abuse.

It’s going to be very difficult to write a non-hagiographic treatment that pleases the Jackson fanbase, but if MJ pulls it off, the inevitable West End transfer would surely put paid to the scrappy Thriller Live.

Even if it doesn’t, I think the time has passed for an uncomplicated celebration of Jackson. We can’t praise the life of someone followed by such allegations without addressing them. Our society, and the West End, has moved on.

I don’t think Jackson’s music should be banned, but it needs to be contextualised correctly, and maybe MJ will do just that. Thriller Live has had a good run and, underpaying its touring dancers aside, I’m sure its creatives are coming from a good place. But the time has come for the show itself to beat it.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/opinion/...but-post-leaving-neverland-its-time-has-come/

So, let me sum this up. The theater announces they’re fixing their roof, and this person spins it into another MJ guilty fantasy?

myosotis;4275186 said:
Andrzej Lukowski: Thriller Live has had a good run, but post-Leaving Neverland its time has come

I’ve reviewed the show before and not mentioned the allegations – I couldn’t do the same with a clear conscience post-Leaving Neverland.
Sheep.

First of all, this writer does NOT speak for the world. This is his opinion. nothing more. Second, MJ show is going no where. Third, if this writer want to talk about the "claims", Andrze7 better bring up the lies told by these liars. What gets me about these writers is they want to write and talk about the claims without showing the lies and then want to lecture fans/others on "we can not praise the life of someone like MJ". Why not? If I study a case on someone regardless if it is Michael Jackson, Michael Jones, Michael Smith, I will PRAISE them. I will NOT let PROVEN LIES make me turn against anyone based solely on what someone say without proof; and in MJ's case, evidence proves MJ was innocent and his accusers were a bunch of liars proven over and over YET this fool does not want to outline the lies told by the accusers. Why not? Look, this is a messy world just like President Obama said a few weeks ago. We have criminals out here but we also have LIARS who will use people/issues to try to take people down for revenge, money, jealousy, etc. Look how many men are now being let out of prisons nowdays due to LIES told and people wanting to avoid the TRUTH for their own agenda (DNA is proving these men were correct. 3 men just was let out Monday after serving 36 years in prison for a crime they did not commit. This happening every week now). If this writer want to listen to lies, that is his problem. LIES have destroyed a lot of people and they have to sometimes wait years before they names are cleared. Look at Jack Johnson who FINALLY was cleared after 60 years or more. Emmitt Til whom we always said that accuser was a liar and caused the death of Emmitt until she finally admitted she LIED (racists still tried to destroy his marker that honors him. I have said many times, it is often black defendants who NON people of color want to be guilty even when people of color are innocent. This is proven over and over. It is funny how Jussie's lies were revealed and he got taken down quick yet the media is dragging their feet on these liars of Wade/James despite there is more evidence showing them as liars than Jussie-and Jussie is a liar). I will tell this writer, if he is going to want to continue to bring up LN when discussing Thriller Live, then he better bring up the lies told by these accusers; if not, then Andrzee Lukowski can BEAT IT.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/weste...loyd-Talks-10-Years-of-THRILLER-LIVE-20191206

BWW Interview: Gary Lloyd Talks 10 Years of THRILLER LIVE
by Jonathan Marshall Dec. 6, 2019

fullwidth-image-04-2018.jpg

It's incredible to think Thriller Live has been a staple of London theatre for an entire decade. It holds the record as the 13th-longest-running musical in West End history and has played around the world to over five million people. With Peter Andre slipping on the white sequinned glove once again for a short stint commencing 10 December, the show remains in demand.

Director and choreographer Gary Lloyd took time out to speak with BroadwayWorld about why he feels the show has enjoyed such success. Lloyd has also penned a book titled My Life with Michael, which chronicles the history of the show from its inception to the 10th-anniversary year.

Spilling backstage secrets and giving us inside information on what it takes to put on such a rigorously demanding show, the book is also a devoted fan's homage to one of the greatest and most influential artists of all time.

Tell us about your book My Life with Michael? What did you set out to do when writing it?

My initial intention was to document all the stories that had collected in my mind when working on the London production and around the world. When I started directing, I found myself forever saying "I'll put that in the book" with a view to writing about at least one production in my career. This book started writing itself the day Michael passed, and the stakes were raised for us as a show in the West End and as a touring company.

Fans of Michael Jackson counted on the sheer perfection and tight execution of his performances. As a huge fan yourself, working on a musical about the King of Pop must be a dream come true, but I imagine it also comes with a great deal of pressure to emulate his incredibly high standards?

I don't believe anyone will ever again deliver the precision that Michael strived for when replicating his work. As a man who sacrificed everything to be the superstar he was, the pressure on him was unfathomable and he took that very seriously - which shows in his performances.

As I say in the book, it takes five leads and a child to create the full effect of Michael in our show, and we can only aim to get as close as we can. One thing I will say is that the whole team are incredibly vigilant when it comes to detail and casting. We are constantly rehearsing, cleaning and changing the show. I think we do a pretty good job!

The musical began life back in 2006, but didn't transform into what we now know as Thriller Live until 2008. Did you ever question if the show would take off?

I first saw the original one-off production at the Dominion Theatre in August 2006. I remember saying then that the show needed a lot of finessing but I would love to get my hands on it. There was definitely something special about the love coming from the stage when each of the performers sang and danced each of these songs. I would never have thought of a Michael Jackson musical show before this, as I always held him on such a solo pedestal, but this initial show really showed the promise and appeal of strong performers recreating his work, showing there was commercial potential in it.

It must be quite a challenge to please audiences, as everyone has their favourite records and MJ eras. How do you manage these expectations?

In the beginning, we spent a long time changing the running order and song list due to our own personal dissatisfaction with certain areas of the show and listening to audience feedback. We also felt a huge amount of responsibility when Michael passed to ensure we were putting on the best show possible for the fans. The audience taste has also changed over the years, so it's been interesting gauging that and moving with it. I think that's what has kept the show so fresh.

My initial pitch to the producers, way before the days of Harry Potter, was to have a three-pronged ticket where one night you would get the Jackson Five and Jacksons material, another night, Off The Wall, Bad and Thriller, and the third and final part of the ticket, Dangerous and HIStory. I still think that would have been an awesome experience.

In the book, you mention "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" as being your introduction to Jackson and describe the visceral feeling you experienced when first hearing it. Have any other artists made such a profound impact on you, and what was it about Michael Jackson that set him apart from everyone else?

I am a huge music fan and quite obsessed with artists such as The Beatles, Prince, George Michael and Madonna, as well as Janet Jackson.

The profound influence Michael had on me was based on the music, but also the choreography and the visual pioneering he so clearly impacted on the world - particularly in the Eighties and early to mid Nineties. His attention to detail in his film-making, as well the perfectionist ear in the studio, was never lost on me, and I owe my career to him for all that inspiration. I feel honoured that I was growing up as an inspiring performer as he was creating and rehearsing all that legendary material.

Your book opens with an account of that day in 2009 when the world learnt of Michael's untimely death. You describe how the theatre became somewhat of a sanctuary to the fans - you and your team included. Ten years on, is that still the case?

I think when Michael passed, we had a long period where fans came to share their love and to mourn their idol. I also think a lot of people who had bought tickets for This Is It came to Thriller Live to have that night out and to hear the music. I do believe over time, our reputation has been the reason for our longevity and the fact we work so hard to keep the show looking and sounding fresh had manifested in our audience's loyalty.

You've introduced several songs into the production that didn't appear before you came on board - like "Smooth Criminal" and "They Don't Really Care About Us". Are there any other songs you'd love to appear in the show but don't have room for?

I love "In The Closet","Give In To Me" and "Will You Be There". "Liberian Girl" is another favourite, as well as "Blood On The Dance Floor", "Scream" and "Is It Scary?".

MJ was a risk-taker. Do you find yourself thinking of new ideas to allow the show to evolve?

Always. I spent a long time, years in fact, looking at the show and wishing we could change this, rebuild that. There are still elements that I would change if I could. But what I've learned over time is that the content is what works: the choreography and the performances from each of the incredible individuals who work so hard every night to represent Michael's legacy. At the ten year anniversary, I stopped punishing myself and accepted we had done something good and deserved to be celebrating such an accolade.

Do you have a favourite song/dance number from the show?

The answer to this question depends on the company and varies from performer to performer. Florivaldo Mossi as MJ performs a wonderful uncanny "Billie Jean" and Kieran Alleyne an authentic and very charming "Thriller". "Beat It" can literally knock you out when the dancers are on fire, and "Earth Song" can reduce an audience to tears when delivered by the perfect front line of singers.

"They Don't Really Care About Us" is always delivered with so much passion and I love the way the show shifts gear at this point. I'm looking forward to Peter Andre performing "The Way You Make Me Feel", as we've restaged the number so it's almost identical to the 1988 Grammy Awards performance.

You mention in the book that "Beat It" ignited your ambition. After the success you've enjoyed with this show and all of the others you've worked on, what's still left on your to do list?

Gosh. I am very lucky that my next project is working with Eddie and Brian Holland of Holland-Dozier-Holland fame. They wrote a large majority of Motown's biggest hits, including The Supremes' "Where Did Our Love Go" and The Four Tops' "Reach Out (I'll Be There)". I am co-writing and will be directing the story of their life in the musical Reflections - the Holland- Dozier-Holland Story, premiering in Canada, spring 2020. There is also another book in the pipeline.

Finally, for anybody who hasn't seen Thriller Live, what can we expect?

Thriller Live is a two-hour celebration of Michael Jackson's biggest hits and all the iconography that comes with it. You will hear some of the best vocalists performing this material and see the best dancers the UK has to offer.

There is no script, which I think is appealing for families and for non-English-speaking tourists. It's a must for all Jackson fans, or those who love music and live theatre. When you've seen this show, once is never enough.

Thriller Live at Lyric Theatre until 26 April, 2020
70273959_10162380357800637_273743365562957824_n-300x300.jpg

Read our review of Gary's book My Life with Michael here
https://www.broadwayworld.com/weste...10-YEARS-OF-THRILLER-LIVE-Gary-Lloyd-20191123

Photo Credit: Michael Wharley
Get the best prices on tickets to Thriller- Live on TodayTix - click here. https://www.todaytix.com/x/london/s...buttontext&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=BWW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Man in the Mirror.<a href="https://twitter.com/MrPeterAndre?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MrPeterAndre</a> polishing his moves for his debut as the lead tonight &#129321;<br><br>&#127903;&#65039;| <a href="https://t.co/Q9aiBBG90B">https://t.co/Q9aiBBG90B</a> <a href="https://t.co/KyGAp2dfCf">pic.twitter.com/KyGAp2dfCf</a></p>&mdash; Thriller Live (@ThrillerLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive/status/1204435223490048000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10. Dezember 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peter Andre and the cast of Thriller Live at the Lyric Theatre, London!<a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ThrillerLive</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/MrPeterAndre?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MrPeterAndre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/peterandre?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#peterandre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thriller?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thriller</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thrillerlive?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thrillerlive</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/westend?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#westend</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/londonwestend?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#londonwestend</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/londontheatre?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#londontheatre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatre?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#theatre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/michaeljackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#michaeljackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/london?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#london</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/musical?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#musical</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/musicals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#musicals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/music?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#music</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/lyricbroadway?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@lyricbroadway</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinWilsonPR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KevinWilsonPR</a> <a href="https://t.co/JB8Cy23Zhn">pic.twitter.com/JB8Cy23Zhn</a></p>&mdash; Cat Morley (@catmorley) <a href="https://twitter.com/catmorley/status/1204770460757561345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">11. Dezember 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What an incredible feeling to be on the west end stage in London singing one of my favourites with a full live band and amazing cast. Thank you. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thrillerlive?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thrillerlive</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/westend?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#westend</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thejacksons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thejacksons</a> <a href="https://t.co/bswEeFHr3N">pic.twitter.com/bswEeFHr3N</a></p>&mdash; Peter Andre (@MrPeterAndre) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrPeterAndre/status/1205035182404841473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12. Dezember 2019</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks you for this wonderful review <a href="https://t.co/R368JmqGDx">https://t.co/R368JmqGDx</a></p>&mdash; Peter Andre (@MrPeterAndre) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrPeterAndre/status/1205039870655320064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12. Dezember 2019</a></blockquote>

A million tickets! What an achievement! The power of Michael Jackson has the final word in 2019.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just went to see <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ThrillerLive</a> for the millionth time. Superb and electrifying! What a stellar job as always from the cast. Bravo &#128079;&#127998; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThrillerLive?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThrillerLive</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@michaeljackson</a> <a href="https://t.co/dX6TVn175m">pic.twitter.com/dX6TVn175m</a></p>&mdash; Seány (@SeanyKane) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanyKane/status/1213602404517711872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">4. Januar 2020</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On the 29th December 2019, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThrillerLive?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThrillerLive</a> overtook Billy Elliot to become the 12th longest running show on the West End! What a way to bring in the new year!<br><br>How's that for a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FunFactFriday?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FunFactFriday</a>? &#129300; <a href="https://t.co/O8Ru2iBUi1">pic.twitter.com/O8Ru2iBUi1</a></p>&mdash; Thriller Live (@ThrillerLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive/status/1215669959088640000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10. Januar 2020</a></blockquote>

My partner bought me tickets to this for Christmas so I'm going in April for the first time.

I hope it's good, I usually find tribute performances cringey.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just seen <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ThrillerLive</a> at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheHawth?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheHawth</a> in Crawley with <a href="https://twitter.com/mamaspearl?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mamaspearl</a> 7 sold out concerts in Crawley, No muting of MJ here. What a fantastic high energy show. Audience of ALL ages were dancing in the aisles and wanted more. Highly recommend <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJFam?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJFam</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInnocent?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInnocent</a> <a href="https://t.co/MXR0YfMiqm">pic.twitter.com/MXR0YfMiqm</a></p>&mdash; Steve Brown (@SteveGeeBee) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveGeeBee/status/1231360293995008002?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thriller Live now confirmed closed (for good) at the Lyric Theatre London.

Thriller Live@ThrillerLive

15h

Following the closure of West End theatres, we are sad to announce that we performed our last moonwalk at the Lyric theatre on Sunday 15 March 2020.

We would like to thank everyone who has worked on the show; the cast, band, crew, creative team, head office, freelance contributors and theatre staff past and present. We have the BEST team in the world.&#10240;
&#10240;
We&#8217;ve loved sharing the music and magic of MJ in London and we will keep the legacy alive on tour.&#10240;
&#10240;
Finally a MASSIVE thanks to all you Dancing Machines, we just can't stop loving you &#10084;&#65039;&#10240;

Last edited:
Thriller Live COVID-19 Update

We regret to announce that following official government advice, West End and UK Theatres have closed and will remain closed until further notice. We hope they will re-open following government recommendations.

More information will be released as soon as we receive it. Please bear with us in these unprecedented times.

https://thrillerlive.com/thriller-live-covid-19-update/

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/B941nhvHjCW/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B941nhvHjCW/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B941nhvHjCW/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Following the closure of West End theatres, we are sad to announce that we performed our last moonwalk at the Lyric theatre on Sunday 15 March 2020.&#10240; &#10240; We would like to thank everyone who has worked on the show; the cast, band, crew, creative team, head office, freelance contributors and theatre staff past and present. We have the BEST team in the world.&#10240; &#10240; We&#8217;ve loved sharing the music and magic of MJ in London and we will keep the legacy alive on tour.&#10240; &#10240; Finally a MASSIVE thanks to all you Dancing Machines, we just can&#39;t stop loving you &#10084;&#65039;&#10240; &#10240; **Ticket holders please contact your point of purchase**&#10240;</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/thriller_live/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Thriller Live</a> (@thriller_live) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2020-03-18T20:17:16+00:00">Mar 18, 2020 at 1:17pm PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Well, right now, everything is closing everywhere all over the world.

<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/adriangrant/posts/10218953298876065" data-width="500" data-show-text="true"><blockquote cite="https://developers.facebook.com/adriangrant/posts/10218953298876065" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><p>Right now our world has been turned upside down, with a pandemic that is changing our way of life. It is affecting us...</p>Gepostet von <a href="#" role="button">Adrian Grant</a> am&nbsp;<a href="https://developers.facebook.com/adriangrant/posts/10218953298876065">Donnerstag, 19. März 2020</a></blockquote></div>

Thriller Live casts and Peter Andre join to sing “Earth Song” in honor of the NHS and those on the front line of Coronavirus COVID-19.

The West End show ended quicker as planned due to the pandemic and the cast gathered (remotely of course) to pay tribute to the show which should have preformed its last show on April 26.

[video=youtube;EYQf1uGS7P4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQf1uGS7P4&feature=emb_title[/video]

NatureCriminal7896;4288550 said:
Thriller Live casts and Peter Andre join to sing “Earth Song” in honor of the NHS and those on the front line of Coronavirus COVID-19.

The West End show ended quicker as planned due to the pandemic and the cast gathered (remotely of course) to pay tribute to the show which should have preformed its last show on April 26.

[video=youtube;EYQf1uGS7P4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQf1uGS7P4&feature=emb_title[/video]

Thank you for posting this. The performance is AWESOME!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As a show founded on the talents and celebration of black artists and musicians, we have a duty to stand against the racism and social injustice happening before our very eyes. <br><br>Make that change. &#128420;<br><br>Full Video: <a href="https://t.co/xPMT4NzHXh">https://t.co/xPMT4NzHXh</a> <a href="https://t.co/lEAx4JUQOk">pic.twitter.com/lEAx4JUQOk</a></p>&mdash; Thriller Live (@ThrillerLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive/status/1268958106916204544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/theBBTAs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@theBBTAs</a> recognises Black Britons who have contributed to the both arts in the UK and an international impact.<br><br>Please vote for us in the best Musical Production category and Adrian Grant for the Best Producer Award!<br><br>Noms. close 3rd AUG! &#55357;&#56391;<a href="https://t.co/VyVjTVwe1N">https://t.co/VyVjTVwe1N</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBTAS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BBTAS</a> <a href="https://t.co/sBxgpknQPk">pic.twitter.com/sBxgpknQPk</a></p>&mdash; Thriller Live (@ThrillerLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive/status/1288844296544632833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mjfam...Let’s show some support &#128079;&#127998; <a href="https://t.co/VJaQ38Ipv0">https://t.co/VJaQ38Ipv0</a></p>&mdash; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1288927825815207936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">&#128079;&#127998; <a href="https://t.co/RhgBvPpJxN">https://t.co/RhgBvPpJxN</a></p>&mdash; Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3/status/1320628533689946112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We won &#129303;<br><br>Thank you to the Black British Theatre Awards for recognising our journey and honouring us with this year’s Best Musical Production accolade &#128591;&#127997;<br><br>We share this award with every single company member ever involved in the show.<br><br>We will be back!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thebbtas?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#thebbtas</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://t.co/aJMo0g6ffZ">pic.twitter.com/aJMo0g6ffZ</a></p>&mdash; Thriller Live (@ThrillerLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThrillerLive/status/1321006366912323584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back