>>> Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >>> But, ALL tickets are still GOOD!

Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >> But, ALL tickets are still good

My post was to explain that all ticket sales will be recorded. If YOU were to ready MY post you would see I am trying to save everyone alot of precious time. I may have over-reacted and for that I apologise.

I'm done. I've explained the situtation and as I said I've far more to worry about than start an argument online.

:dropdead:

Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >> But, ALL tickets are still good

mine says "michael jackson's" thats it. and its from AMC

Well i am gona ring my local cinema and ask as i dont think it is pointless my ticket says michael ja so i wanna make sure it is gettin all the credit it deserves!!!!

Thanks for making me aware

:yes: At the very least make them aware IF this is a concern to you. It may or may not make a difference right away, but it can't hurt, and might help them to try to stick to a standard.

U R welcome. I apologize if I confused you at first :cheeky:

mine says "michael jackson's" thats it. and its from AMC

What I don't get is why some tickets have room for the entire title and some don't :scratch:since their sizes are pretty much the same.

You would think that IF everything was done the same way internationally, then ALL the tickets would have the full title too...so obviously the way things are done does vary from theater/chain to theater/chain.

Re: >>> Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >>> But, ALL tickets are still GOOD!

Mine say "Michael Jackson This Is", lol

Re: >>> Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >>> But, ALL tickets are still GOOD!

Very strange thread, don't you think? Mind says "This Is It" wow, isn't it exciting.

My ticket says M. Jackson...
hehe

Some of you are making a big deal of nothing. A movie house isn't going to sell you a ticket and then deny you entrance because the ticket doesn't have the full title on it. There is only limited space on a ticket and full movie titles get cut off all the time. Try buy a ticket for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and you will not see the full title either.

It wasn't about being denied entrance...

Some of you are making a big deal of nothing. A movie house isn't going to sell you a ticket and then deny you entrance because the ticket doesn't have the full title on it. There is only limited space on a ticket and full movie titles get cut off all the time. Try buy a ticket for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and you will not see the full title either.

Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them

well mine says Michael Jack.....

Mine say "Michael Jackson This Is", lol

I was bummed when i bought mine too... i bought at a regal cinema and it just says Michael on it!

LoL at all the title variations. :lol: I don't know why I find this so funny! I was so excited when I bought mine and then I looked down and saw "Michael Ja" and was like :brow:............:toofunny: "I don't know whether to laugh or cry." Just plain "Michael" is better than "Michael Ja", LoL! Oh well.

On a serious note - My ticket better give credit!

After not being satified with the answer given to me by an AMC employee, I called Sony Pictures to address my concern in regards to box office sales stats without logical and/or inconsistant titles printed on tix.

I was immediately transferred to their legal dept. to explain it again. The young lady said she would look into it and forward info as needed. I wasn't really expecting a response back, but my local AMC Theater Manager called me this morning to address my questions/concerns. He was very nice & forthcoming with info and wanted to make sure I understood and was satisfied. He agreed that was I was told wrong (by the 1st employee there @ AMC told me) about the printed info being the same on ALL AMC tix because it's downloaded from headquarters that way.

He said that some systems will take as many of the 1st so many letters and cut it off after a certain # of spaces, no matter what, which was the case with my tix. Other systems, even within AMC, will print out differently, sometimes depending on the showtime, manner of purchase, etc.

The one thing he said that satisfied my concern is that ALL the systems go by a "film number" in addition to the title for another measure of checks & balances, so ALL really is well.

FYI: He also said that sales at his location were doing very well.

I asked if he personally thought it would be extended beyond the 2-week run and he said that the key to longevity is for sales not to drop off by more than 50% after the 1st week...so it just depends, but that he wouldn't be surprised, comparing it to the Titanic and Batman. :wild:

So, IF like me you didn't know that there's more to it than just a blockbuster opening, and IF you're planning to go see it more than once, for longevity's sake, consider going again during the 2nd week.

I also asked about collector items like that "Michael Mania Collection Set" in Thailand, and he said that so far, he was not aware of any special promo in that form through AMC in my area. :-(

Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them

LoL at all the title variations. :lol: I don't know why I find this so funny! I was so excited when I bought mine and then I looked down and saw "Michael Ja" and was like :brow:............:toofunny: "I don't know whether to laugh or cry." Just plain "Michael" is better than "Michael Ja", LoL! Oh well.

On a serious note - My ticket better give credit!

That's what mine says-"Michael".

Back