To Catlovers

Re: to catlovers

65589_10151450312489708_690754126_n.jpg

Chillin with the Prime Minister & Obama
article-2004681-0C9BEC3C00000578-873_964x559.jpg

I read that Larry is one of 100,000 cats employed by the English Government to keep down mice.I can see Larry is a social cat I wonder if feral cats are employed too.
Some write about how cats kill so much birds .mice and other small animals but it seems like Larry do what cats do most.

On 14 November 2011, Larry's position came under pressure, as it emerged that he was spending more time sleeping, and spending time in the company of a female cat, Maisie,than actually hunting for mice

On 16 November 2011, Larry courted further controversy by sleeping for several hours as the entire cabinet traipsed in and out of Downing Street for a meeting. Larry's aides initially prevented photographers from taking pictures to prevent Larry further embarrassment, but later relented

His press gfficer;"Larry spends his days greeting guests to the house, inspecting security defences, and testing antique furniture for napping quality".

"His day to day responsibilities also include contemplating a solution to the mouse occupancy of the house, Larry says this is still 'in tactical planning stage'".

Can you help but love such a charming cat

Carol Leifer talks about spay and neuter

We can make a better world, it starts with us

from a french tumbler called "quand mon chat" "when my cat"

When my cat needs extra money :

when my cat needs to find another hobby

when my cats gets teased by Bububble

when my cat doesn't know how to hide :

when my cat wants to hide away from the world

when my cat wants to inspire fear :

when my cat doesn't like the new neighbor :

voisin.gif

when my cat teases the dog :

provoquelechien.gif

when my cat has an instinct to protect :

protection.gif

when my cat was a firefighter in a previous life :

pompier.gif

when my cat gets trapped :

pieger.gif

when my cat is untouchable :

intouchable.gif

when my cat becomes hostile :

hostile.gif

when my cat finds more deceitful than him :

fourbe.gif

Last edited:
MYTH: No Kill is too expensive. Our community can’t afford it.

FACT:No Kill is cost-effective, fiscally responsible,and a great economic boon to local communities.
Municipalities which want to enact good policy and improve the local economy should invest in lifesaving at their local shelter.
Given the cost savings and additional revenues of doing so (reduced costs associated with killing, enhanced community support, an increase in adoption revenues and other user fees, and additional tax revenues), as well as the positive economic impact of adoptions, a community cannot afford not to embrace No Kill.

Today, there are dozens of No Kill communities across the United States; in states as diverse as Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana, California, New York, Texas, Michigan, Minnesota,Nevada, and elsewhere.
These communities share little in common demographically.
What they do share is leadership with a “can do” attitude and a passion for saving lives,as well as the model used to achieve it: the programs and services of the No Kill
Equation (See No Kill 101: A Primer on No Kill Animal Control Sheltering for Public Officials,
available for free at nokilladvocacycenter.org).
These communities not only prove that No Kill can be achieved at “open admission” municipal shelters in both urban and rural,Northern and Southern, large and small, and both politically liberal and conservative communities, but also that No Kill is consistent with a municipal shelter’s public safety mandate.
They also disprove the idea that communities with high intake rates can’t be No Kill because of the antiquated and disproven notions of “pet overpopulation” and the “irresponsible public.”

This is good news because not only do the animals deserve it and alternatives to killing exist, but the public is increasing demanding it
In a national survey, 96% of Americans—almost every single person across the social and political spectrum—said we
have a moral obligation to protect animals and that we should have strong laws to do so.
Saving lives is not only good public policy; it is also good bipartisan politics.

But at a time when economic challenges are being faced in communities across the country, legislators and policy makers are
asking if they can afford to embrace a more humane alternative.
Thankfully, many communities have already proven that No Kill animal control is cost-effective, saves municipalities
expenses associated with killing, and brings badly needed revenues into public coffers and community businesses.
In addition,while some of the communities which have embraced No Kill have also increased funding for animal services, not all of them have.

Achieving No Kill does not necessarily require increased expenditures on animal control.
Although costs vary somewhat, impounding,caring for, and ultimately killing an animal and disposing of his/her body costs approximately $106.00 ($66 for impoundment
and $40 for killing and disposal).

The process is entirely revenue negative to the municipality in contrast to the No Kill
approach which transfers costs to private philanthropy, brings in adoption revenue
and other user fees, and supports local businesses.
In just one community, a No Kill initiative yielded $250,000 in increased revenues at a time the shelter also significantly reduced expenditures.
In addition, the positive economic impact to businesses due to subsequent spending by
adopters on those animals totaled over $12,000,000 in sales annually.
Over the course of the lifetime of those animals and subsequent adoptions, it is estimated that these animals will generate $300 million,bringing in over $20,000,000 in sales tax
revenues.
Does it make more economic sense to adopt out animals, transfer animals to private non-profit rescue organizations,and increase the number of stray animals reclaimed by their families, all revenue positive activities that save the costs of killing and bring in fees and other revenues?

Of course it does.
At a time when dozens of communities across the country have achieved No Kill, including
those with per capita intake rates up to eight times higher than New York City,
shelters which continue to kill in the face of lifesaving alternatives are not only engaging
in morally bankrupt conduct (killing animals who have a place to go), they are
bankrupting community coffers.

No Kill animal control not only makes good sense.
It makes dollars and cents.

http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/econbenefits.pdf

"Wherever you go-in every country,or in every continent, people yearn and hunger for only one thing, to love and be loved. Love transcends international boundaries and heals the wounds of hatred,
racial, prejudice, bigotry and ignorance. It is the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."

Pets yearn and hunger after love too.They want to be loved and love.

Ask Miami for a spay and neuter plan
http://nopawleftbehindrescue.blogspot.se/
I can see it in their eyes "love me"but instead they are killed.

from "quand mon chat" (when my cat)

When my cat writes the next David Guetta hit :

guetta.gif

When my cat hears me singing :

menage.gif

When my cat is a thief :

clepto.gif

When my cat thinks he is Miss France :

missffrance.gif

When my cat is afraid of heights :

peurduvide.gif

When my cat tests his intimidation skills :

intimidatoion.gif

When my cat is a troublemaker :

troublemaker.gif

When my cat brings me a cup so I can have a coffee :

coffeeqti.gif

When my cat practices eviction :

squatterus.gif

When my cat is a coward :

coward.gif

When my cat shares :

partage.gif

When my cat hears that a french actress is getting into politics :

genest.gif

When my cat watches the house :

When my cat catches his son doing a Harlem shake :

harlem.gif

When my cat sets off to discover the world :

monde.gif

When my cat hates technology :

technov.gif

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-8ctWJs-SEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
They say every life is worth saving.

Some authorities here in Sweden would say is it really worth to save any life-about cats.
We just had a case a man fed cats outdoors and then he died.
His wife didn´t want them there and called animal protection, I don´t think she wanted them killed but removed from the place,
Some cats were euthanized the same day but some was taken to boarding kennel(they get paid for having these animals).

Cat lovers found out and called, sent emails .
A meeting was arranged , talks about if we have different views but maybe there were something we could work together with.
The next days the remaining cats except for one was killed.
All these cats had homes waiting for them.

"The matter is not simply because the cats there have been fed. Having discussed the matter several times Lst nonetheless concluded that we believe that the cats are feral and will be handled according to our routine,"

They decided the cats were feral, and they think it´s best for feral cats to be killed.
They decided to kill them before they even saw the cats.

Authorities said feral cats suffer to much in catshelters and refers to a study, but catlovers contacted researchers and they say LS got it wrong.

evaluation of cats

The County Board has a procedure for evaluation of stray cats.
To the County Board shall decide that cats be sold or transferred the cat shall seek contact and not at the slightest disturbance to flee in horror. If it escapes, it must stay up to check their situation, eg come back and eat if you poured the feed

There are many social cats with loving families who wouldn´t meet the requirements from LS.
They would be frightened if they came to a boarding kennel and would need more than just a few days to get used to it.

Lol, why does the cat do that ? He wants to sell it ?
I guess he wants to hide ( a typical cat thing) AND the floor is not comfortable enough (another cat thing) !!

Maybe some cats have a sense of "this is mine " : I remember giving a cat a ball , he never played with it , but he purred like crazy when he realised it was a gift for him, and then he made great efforts to put it in his bed, and kept it there all the time !

Last edited:

The cruelty about breeding ligers

"In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money"

Lol, why does the cat do that ? He wants to sell it ?

Or the cat is just playing. My cat used to "spy" on me from under the door. When I placed a piece of paper there, she'd used to grab it in an instant. Funny!

Last edited:
Why don´t people think tigers and lions aren´t good enough.
Why do they have to create an animal that never would exist in the wild
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eQc7jwTqiA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Youtube information: Honey the dog and Kwanza the white lion cub are the best of friends. Kwanza's mother was originally rearing him until she stopped producing milk, which led him to being hand raised by the owners at Darling Downs Zoo. During this period he has developed a special bond with the zoo dog 'Honey' as they spend time exploring, wrestling and otherwise playing together.

Kwanza was born on the 12th of November 2012 at a respectable 1600 grams. Now at around 4 months of age and he is a very robust and energetic young lion.

The white lion is not a separate species of lion nor is it an albino. They have visible pigment in their eyes, paw pads and lips. The males grow pale manes and tail tips.

The white colour is the result of a recessive gene, called a chinchilla gene, which is a colour inhibitor. This can result in "white" lions being blonde, near white or even red! White lions are described as being leucistic rather than albinistic.

No white lions have been seen in the wild since 1994.

For more info on Kwanza: http://www.darlingdownszoo.com.au

Darling Downs Zoo is based in Pilton, Queensland.

Last edited:
Intern Killed by Lion at Cat Haven
A 24 year old intern named Dianna Hanson was mauled to death while inside a cage with a four year old male lion named Cous Cous. The lion had been raised at the zoo since he was a cub. Another worker tried to distract the lion, to no avail, and the sheriff shot the cat to death, but it was too late for Dianna Hanson.

The facility is called Project Survival Cat Haven and is run by Dale Anderson. On his website he says, “In the seventh grade a gentleman brought a Mountain Lion to my class… After that experience I wanted to have a cat of some kind at some later date.” This is why it is so bad to use wild animals as ego props, especially in the presence of children who will grow up to fulfill their desire to “be that guy,” even if it means dooming wild animals to life in cages. Watch a message from Big Cat Rescue CEO, Carole Baskin about this tragic event:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R_KhhJdgQZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Cats are no pets.
They are wild animals .

Back