Tour or Concert

Michael did that because he loved seeing his fans in the crowd.

He went over the top with it

And I think another reason why Michael wanted so many crowd shots was to cover up dance moves he wasn't 100% satisfied with. Michael was a perfectionist after all

Last edited:
Dangerous Diana;4301680 said:
The whole concert isn't Bucharest??? What other concerts are in it??

They included also concert segments from Madrid, London and Munich (among others) on the Dangerous Bucharest concert.

For example, certain audience’s shots are from Madrid.

Also the ‘She's Out Of My Life’ on stage girl segment comes from Frankfurt.

The Dangerous Bucharest concert description is deceitful, but in a harmless way.

analogue;4301746 said:

And I think another reason why Michael wanted so many crowd shots was to cover up dance moves he wasn't 100% satisfied with. Michael was a perfectionist after all

Michael Jackson always asked from his team to capture the most electric fans’ moments and reactions during a concert, and then to insert parts of those shots into the video concert that was to get a release.

He even did that in his public appearances during a tour, like just after arriving at the airport, or when entering or exiting a hotel, etc, (in these cases not for possible releases of course, but for his personal, video archive).

But they overdid on some occasions, such as when they decided to show the same male fan (with the hat) several times during the ‘Smooth Criminal’ performance in the Dangerous Bucharest concert.

Maybe. this was after the lies came out so maybe seeing his fans made him happy.

mj_frenzy;4301831 said:
They included also concert segments from Madrid, London and Munich (among others) on the Dangerous Bucharest concert.

For example, certain audience’s shots are from Madrid.

Also the ‘She's Out Of My Life’ on stage girl segment comes from Frankfurt.

The Dangerous Bucharest concert description is deceitful, but in a harmless way.

Also the MITM spin is from Copenhagen isn't it?

Regarding Dangerous Bucharest... just go with the original 1992 TV broadcast version. (Not the DVD version.)
Crowd shots editing was all fine there, and probably less scenes inserted from other concerts (if any at all).
Unfortunately it's not on Youtube.

Last edited:
Maybe. this was after the lies came out so maybe seeing his fans made him happy.
Actually, this concert was broadcasted in 1992, before 1993 rolled around. I know you are referencing to the DVD that released in 2005, but that version is the one that HBO broadcasted in 1992. Therefore, Michael indeed liked seeing his fans, but in this case, 1993 is not even in the question.

Actually, this concert was broadcasted in 1992, before 1993 rolled around. I know you are referencing to the DVD that released in 2005, but that version is the one that HBO broadcasted in 1992. Therefore, Michael indeed liked seeing his fans, but in this case, 1993 is not even in the question.

oh. i guess i got history tour and dangerous tour confused. thank you.

I would love compilation of Victory, Bad and Dangerous performances. Especially that the Billie Jean performance from Victory Tour looks amazing.

Yes, and here is the proof:

Wow, they actually had the boldness to insert that legendary Man In The Mirror spin from Denmark into the Bucharest show, likely to embellish the concert more. This is what I mean when I dub this concert "overedited." On the bright side though, the Denmark concert could exist in better quality.

Wow, they actually had the boldness to insert that legendary Man In The Mirror spin from Denmark into the Bucharest show, likely to embellish the concert more. This is what I mean when I dub this concert "overedited." On the bright side though, the Denmark concert could exist in better quality.

Mmm... do you think that MJ recorded his concerts on VHS? Of course it exists in better quality, just like every other show he did.

Mmm... do you think that MJ recorded his concerts on VHS? Of course it exists in better quality, just like every other show he did.
That goes without doubt. I thought I'd just point it out because the show existing in master quality is a good thing.

Dangerous tour is on Beta tape. Much better quality than VHS.
Are you sure? Some shows, Copenhagen for example, do not look like they were recorded on beta tapes. Plus some Dangerous shows we know of like Oslo and Bremen are on VHS

Are you sure? Some shows, Copenhagen for example, do not look like they were recorded on beta tapes. Plus some Dangerous shows we know of like Oslo and Bremen are on VHS
What if they are VHS copies of concerts originally on beta tapes?

Bro, Copenhagen is like a third gen VHS copy, and Oslo and Bremen are direct copies from the master tape. VHS is not the original format MJ recorded his shows. Also, do you really think that he recorded his shows with mono audio? Come on.

Those may as well be copies of the shows on VHS because there are definitely versions that are better visual and auditory wise. These versions cannot be Michael's personal copies.

Many Dangerous Tour shows (if not all) should have HQ Beta tape, as well as most short films and other performances.

For Bad Tour, we don't know for sure, but at least Yokohama 1987 and L.A. 1989 should exist in HQ Beta tape.

The video quality of a Bad Tour release can be at least as good as this:
Bad89-LA-003358.jpg

Yet the Estate act like they had nothing HQ for release.

Many Dangerous Tour shows (if not all) should have HQ Beta tape, as well as most short films and other performances.

For Bad Tour, we don't know for sure, but at least Yokohama 1987 and L.A. 1989 should exist in HQ Beta tape.

The video quality of a Bad Tour release can be at least as good as this:
Bad89-LA-003358.jpg

Yet the Estate act like they had nothing HQ for release.
Woah is this from a show in the USA? This could have been released rather than the London show. Come on Michael Jackson Estate.

Serious Effect;4302373 said:

An over-edited DVD concert (by also inserting concert footage from other cities into that concert of the same tour that gets a release) is not necessarily a bad idea.

But they should have mentioned in the liner notes of the DVD Bucharest Dangerous concert the cities from which they took concert footage that was inserted into the Bucharest concert.

A description in the liner notes of the DVD Bucharest Dangerous concert like “this DVD contains also concert segments from A, B, C, etc, cities” would have been a good thing, in my opinion.

Its Los Angeles 1989.

According to them they dont have "releasable audio" for that show so thats one reason it didnt get released smh. We've seen that exact show be used for promo several times its hard to believe it wasnt meant for release at some point.

Serious Effect;4302403 said:
Woah is this from a show in the USA? This could have been released rather than the London show. Come on Michael Jackson Estate.

I’m glad Wembley was released. Michael is really on form during that show. Voice is much stronger and he seems more energetic.

mj_frenzy;4302414 said:
An over-edited DVD concert (by also inserting concert footage from other cities into that concert of the same tour that gets a release) is not necessarily a bad idea.

But they should have mentioned in the liner notes of the DVD Bucharest Dangerous concert the cities from which they took concert footage that was inserted into the Bucharest concert.

A description in the liner notes of the DVD Bucharest Dangerous concert like “this DVD contains also concert segments from A, B, C, etc, cities” would have been a good thing, in my opinion.
I agree that the location of bits from other shows should have somehow been recognized since editing them in and claiming them to have happened in the Bucharest concert appears dishonest if anything. If that Copenhagen concert never leaked, no one would know that the Man In The Mirror spin occurred in that concert.

They also made some mistakes in the editing of that DVD... For example the microphone in SOOML, in the beginning it's black and when the girl goes on the stage it turns white.

Back