Who's better?

• Tupac Shakur

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Notorious B.I.G.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Hicci

Proud Member
Many people say they are the greatest hip hop stars to have ever lived and we all know about the infamous East Coast vs West Coast Hip Hop rivalry between these two, so which one do you prefer as an artist and why?

My vote goes with Biggie, I love the songs Juicy, Big Poppa and Nast Girl as well as his vocals on This Time Around and Unbreakable. Although I also love Ghetto Gospel by Tupac. Who's your choice?

I vote Tupac, My favorite songs by him are Changes, Dear Mama, and Brenda's got a baby.
I really like his lyrics and and he's a very good poet. :) Biggie Smalls is also great too.

I do not know them enough to be able to choose so i cannot vote. All i can is i have listened to several songs of theirs and they're very good. I loved the movie about Biggie, the actor who played Biggie was FANTASTIC. The one who played Pac though...................

Definitely Tupac. He had some deep thoughts, man. Great lyrics!

I've always been a big fan of Tupac, so my vote goes to him. I don't really listen to BIG much, but he has some good songs.

If you like rap music, then you'll love both 2pac and B.I.G.!!!!!

i dug biggie a whole lot, though in his professional career he was a 2pac clone, pac took him undr his wing.

biggie's story telling and hook work were his strengths imo, but overall 2pac got it imo.

pac's work just on hit songs and presentation gives him the overall edge imo

I like both a lot, but 2Pac was on another level. Biggie was just a talented entertainer. Pac tried to impact the world for the better with his music, and outside of music. His lyrics had a very deep message and were beyond just entertainment.

'pac without a doubt. True biggie was the better rapper with his smooth flow but tupac was something else. Brenda's Got A Baby, I Get Around, I'm Gettin' Money, the whole of the All Eyez On Me album!!!, To Live & Die In LA, Baby Don't Cry (Keep Your Head Up)...there's just too many fantastic songs to his name!

Both were legends in their field but if i had to chose it would be Pac, he wasn't a great lyricist as Biggie Smalls but the emotion and conscious he put in his bars were extraordinary, its like you believed Pac when he spit and thats how he got his message through to the audience. Big was an intelligent rapper and he would use metaphors so fluidly in his bars, effortlessly that he made it look so easy, its like the words just fit together perfectly but what gives Pac my vote is that since his passing there's never been another close to him, no matter how these rappers try to emulate him from Ja Rule to Jeezy they just lack the sincerity that Pac did, unlike Biggie who's had many successors the first being his Brooklyn native Jay-z, also Lil Wayne and now Jay Electronica.

Love them both, but I'm going to have to go with Pac. Better lyricism, emotion etc.

But Biggie's flow is insane!

Back