UEFA EURO 2016 France

i think France will win it i really think who ever won out of France and Germany will be the euro winners Portugal have been lucky all tournament they had not won a single game in 90 mins until they played Wales. I think Wales deserved to reach the final more than Portugal they played great and were improving as the tournament went on hopefully Portugal's luck doesn't continue and they fluke a win against France.

I don't mean to offend any Portugal fans you do need your fair share of luck to do well in these tournaments but i think Portugal has had a lot in this one. If they put on a great performance against France in win the final then fair enough good on them they deserve it i just hope it's not like there other games and i hope they have kept something special for the final.

Although Cristiano Ronaldo is an amazing player and Portugal's team has some other great talents, I am rooting for France tonight. They have proven themselves to be a truly united squad, very strong and cohesive. They deserve to win the tournament. Playing at home and the overcoming of the tragedy last year would only make their victory even sweeter. But, at the end of the day it is a sporting competition and sportsmanship is what ought to matter most. May the best team win.......and hopefully that team will be France :p

Don't worry. It's a long English tradition to go to a major tournament and play pathetic. It's 'Human Nature' to us English.

Let's put it this way......I know that you guys haven't won an international trophy in quite some time. It's sad considering you invented the sport in the first place, didn't you? But at least you can console yourselves with the thought that there are far worse losses in this life than sporting events.

Anyone watching the final right now? Even though I'm rooting for France I still feel so bad for Ronaldo :(

Portugal won :bugeyed Was not expecting that but I can't say it's entirely undeserved. I'm glad it didn't go to penalties, that's an awful way to end the tournament. It was amazing to see how Ronaldo supported his team from the sidelines (on the French side where he wasn't even supposed to be, lol) and the sheer joy of the Portuguese players when they won. I know Ronaldo gets a bad rep but I actually like him. He's arrogant and vain but I admire his determination and winner's mentality. He's also known to be great with his fans and privately donates a lot to charity.

Too bad France didn't win though, it would have been nice for them to have an occasion to celebrate right now. I just hope there won't be any riots tonight... :unsure:

The result may have been a surprise for many, but not for my dad :lol: He too was rooting for France, but he had a feeling Portugal would win.

Sad to see France lose, but Cristiano's fighting spirit was absolutely amazing. I really felt bad for him and I thought it was terrible that he got injured so badly and so early on in the game. Good on Portugal for being able to hold on in defense and have that amazing goal in spite of their star absentee. Eder's shot was truly beautiful. Congrats to them!

On a side note, can I just say how happy I am to be here surrounded by so many other female football fans? I feel less of a freak than I usually do. Thx girls :p

Am I European, is grass green? lol That's the short antwort.

The long one comin' right up on your own page. Don't wanna derail the thread further :p

Didn't expect Portugal to win, even less so when Ronaldo went off. That goal from Eder was a stunner though!

Last edited:
So...
it´s over

c'est fini:clap:

merci la france
[video=youtube;ATNRq90niUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNRq90niUU[/video]​

Must have been one of the most boring finals ever Portugal did not deserve to win it but ah well what can you do.

Back