UNBREAKABLE: Michael Jackson Defines Greatness

I'm pretty sure he did, why wouldn't he :)
Because he didn't write much in that time period. I don't think we have the Darkchild demo for Unbreakable, but we have it for a number of other tracks, and in all cases the whole song was done by Darkchild, music and lyrics included, and MJ just added his vocals. It's probably what happened with Unbreakable as well.

Michael co-wrote it with Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels, Nora Payne and Robert Smith
On Invincible, credits like these are code for "the Darkchild team wrote the song and MJ got a credit because he's MJ and that's the price to pay for getting your song on a MJ album".

You Are My Life definitely. Truth is, Cry is worse than both, I had just forgotten about it.
Cry is, pretty middle of the road yeah. But it's an anthem with nothing anthemic about it. I still prefer it to the actual big anthem of What More Can I Give.

You Are My Life would've been better as a B-Side to Shout. I know he dedicated it to his kids but, please, come on Mike.

On Invincible, credits like these are code for "the Darkchild team wrote the song and MJ got a credit because he's MJ and that's the price to pay for getting your song on a MJ album".
Better deal than Freeze got with Break of Dawn.

Back