"Unoffical Estate"

i just skimmed through the last few posts and i think the important thing is to stick together. i'm a "new" fan and so far i think the estate has done an excellent job until now. however no one knows how things will go in the future. i'm a bliver, i believe that the tracks on Michael are genuine, however i agree it was overproduced. the matter was handled in wrong way by ALL parties, including the family and the estate. it bothers me that at such crucial time, when the future of MJJs legacy is being shaped and Michael need unity the most, all parties are at each others throats. i firmly believe the fans aside from PPB was the best thing happening to MJ. we MUST set our differences aside and focus on protecting the legacy WITHOUT attacking the estate or each other!

^^No one has attacked the Estate. It seems many take the idea of banding together to form an advocacy group the wrong way. No one is aiming to take over the Estate. No one is aiming to set up a satelite Estate to profit from Michael Jackson related merchandize. I saw the words "personal agenda" are mentioned earlier. I want to ask what personal agenda do fans have? Again, we don't aim to gain financially from Michael. We don't see him as a cash machine. We don't want to threaten Mr. Branca and Mr. McClain. If anything, we simply want to help ensure that all Michael Jackson projects are being upheld to the artistic integrity Michael Jackson worked so hard to build in his life.

Is it fans' responsibility to reinforce Michael's artistic legacy? First, let's take a look to what so many of us have done for Michael. I can't speak for others. For me, I have made several donations to charities in Michael Jackson's memory. I have spent hours browsing through disgusting youtube clips and flag them. Is it my responsibility to help cleaning up youtbube? I guess not. But, I know in my heart this is the right thing to do. Similarly, many fans feel in our hearts that the recent Sony products are not being handled properly. We are afraid that future Michael Jackson related projects will be too profit oriented and will not have Michael's artistic vision on top of priority. Is it not a valid concern?

I applaud the original poser for starting this thread. I warned about the extreme difficulties we will encounter to unite fans on such matter. Fans are not on the same page. He/she still had the courage to start this discussion.

^^ i did not say anyone here attacked the estate. but in general some fans attack the estate or the jacksons and many times it's not helping the situation

^^ i did not say anyone here attacked the estate. but in general some fans attack the estate or the jacksons and many times it's not helping the situation

I totally agree with you. Attacking the Estate, or the Jacksons, or each other is never the way to go. That's why Bumper said it's really time for us to stop jumping at each other.

Sounds like we have a commonground, doesn't it? But, it's always easier said than done.

"Take 2 in Unity"

(just trying to avoid the words Estate and getting unity in there somewhere, and I doubt that the phrase 'take 2' is somehow copyrighted this way, while still playing on getting another side of the story out)

Great suggestion! :clapping:

Unity is a good thing. I hope we all can see that. Id like to form a list of people who would like to be in this great project.

Post here or personal message me. And around monday ill re edit my original post to include names and ideas. So we can attempt to uphold michaels legacey in a dignified way.

Back