Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

Yes please submit a request for a Victory Tour release in the MJ Online Team, submission thread to show that many fans want and support it. I will move your request to the MJ Online Team connection thread. They are still reviewing it and reporting back to the Estate. You can also support by clicking thanks on the requests if you don't want to submit your own. If we get enough requests for Victory Tour.. I will email them directly the link to that page asking them to pass it on to the Estate. Thanks

SUBMISSIONS
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-submit-messages-to-Estate-via-MJ-Online-Team

I saw them in Buffalo, NY. It's amazing the pure jump in quality from MJ's Billie Jean performance on the Motown special to when he performed it on the Victory Tour.

Why would anybody NOT want a Victory Tour release because of the brothers getting money from it?
Who cares?
They are already getting money from anything Jacksons/j5 related anyway. What do you care if they also get money from something THEY PARTICIPATED IN?

And I really doubt it's a whole long negotiation process to get permission from the brothers. They probably would love the idea (and it's silly to think they'd ask for an absurd amount of money).

Not really sure who I'm directing this at. Just skimmed through comments.

Agreed. I suspect it is not the brothers hindering this project. This is part of Michael's legacy that seems to be ignored purposefully and I am unsure why. I do not agree Michael's solo years should be the executors sole focus. I cannot think of another performer who was successful as a child, as part of a group, and as an adult solo artist.

Sometimes I believe instead of Michael not leaving enough artistic treasures, he left an over abundance and that it is obviously very difficult to manage effectively. There is no other artist that has accomplished what Michael did. However, this allows the executors to be innovative as Michael was; there is no blueprint to follow so they have free license.

I truly hope the executors do not bypass this opportunity.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really think they are ignoring it. The thing is, they aren't going to release a new MJ thing every month. They are spacing things out over time. It would seem the next project is a new album of unreleased material. Hopefully after that, another concert release will happen (VICTORY!!)

Why would anybody NOT want a Victory Tour release because of the brothers getting money from it?
Who cares?
They are already getting money from anything Jacksons/j5 related anyway. What do you care if they also get money from something THEY PARTICIPATED IN?

And I really doubt it's a whole long negotiation process to get permission from the brothers. They probably would love the idea (and it's silly to think they'd ask for an absurd amount of money).

Not really sure who I'm directing this at. Just skimmed through comments.

I'm not sure either because I didn't see any comments saying they did not want it to be released because the brothers would get money from it.

Maybe I missed something but the talk was mainly about possible difficulties with getting the brothers agree. Some brothers would probably love the idea, but we cannot ignore that some brothers (esp. Randy) are very hostile to the Estate so I don't think it would be so easy to get him agree. Yes, money may help convincing him, but how much money? I can totally see some brothers asking for irrealistic sums. Didn't originally they all got the same amount of money from the Victory tour - even though Michael did most of the job and he was the audience magnet? Maybe they want a similar deal this time as well and the Estate/Sony doesn't agree (which I could understand).

Plus, for the Estate and Sony it would take just as much effort and money to promote this than a solo concert but at the end they would have to divide the income with the brothers while they do not have to divide it with anyone in case of a solo concert. So for that reason I can see why the Estate/Sony are more fond of solo concerts. Even though I personally would want a Destiny/Triumph/Victory tour release any time over HIStory.

I think it's being over thought. It hasn't been released yet simply because there were other big MJ related projects since he passed.
The time will come soon, I'm sure.

Well, I don't really think they are ignoring it. The thing is, they aren't going to release a new MJ thing every month. They are spacing things out over time. It would seem the next project is a new album of unreleased material. Hopefully after that, another concert release will happen (VICTORY!!)

I am unsure. The Bieber duet lead to rumors of a duet release. Some songs may be unreleased songs however, there will be another artist singing with Michael.

2012 was a great year for MJ fans as you had Bad25 with J5 Rare Pearls and the J5 Cartoons in pristine DVD quality. It would be amazing to have some Jacksons products such as Triumph, Destiny and Victory tour DVDs with accompanying CDs.

Last edited:
Didn't the estate address this at one time. for some reason I think they did or maybe i was just dreaming :giggle:

Didn't the estate address this at one time. for some reason I think they did or maybe i was just dreaming :giggle:

The Bieber duet? Apologies Qbee; that situation was a bit suspicious for me.

Thank you for the info. Its hard to believe its a VHS rip given the audio and video quality but I'll take your word for it. Its possible it was converted such as Beta > Laserdisk > VHS > DVD because I highly doubt a 29 year old VHS could hold such quality unless recently converted from a higher standard tape.
On the flip side this shows how great the quality would be for a release. I say, let the traders at it then in time hopefully it will leak in FULL. Not like Rome 88 or Buenos aires which is leaked incomplete...

It certainly appears to be tape given the tracking mark that appears during the opening logo...

It's not from the laserdisc. It's a VHS copy of the jumbotron footage. The VHS was just very well stored by the fan :lol:

Agreed.

LaserDisks are far more prone to damage (Laser rot) than a properly stored/cared/underplayed VHS.

Hell, I still have some VHS tapes from my childhood (ones that weren't made on cheap tapes from radioshack) that still hold up quite nicely. Especially if they were professionally produced

Rob is probably right.
Source master copy >> laserdisc (which would be why it looks so clean and new!) >> VHS and/or DVD.

It's most definitely not a 29 year old VHS tape (the source).

Rob is probably right.
Source master copy >> laserdisc (which would be why it looks so clean and new!) >> VHS and/or DVD.

It's most definitely not a 29 year old VHS tape (the source).

I think a transfer from a Beta/U-matic/other long-term tape storage solution to VHS is much more likely. I'll admit this was before my time, but I can't forsee such a niche, expensive, and technologically inferior format such as Laserdisc being used for long-term storage. I could be wrong though.

No no, this whole thing came about because there was a very limited pressing of the Toronto show years ago that was never released. Not for a means of storing a show.

That's why the original dude has it in the first place.
The laserdisc was not something a fan made a copy onto. It was the source they probably got it from (not the the guy who posted the snippets, but wherever they got it from).

ANYWAY, does it matter where it came from? :D

The estate probably has most, of not all, shows from the tour.

Who cares?

And I really doubt it's a whole long negotiation process to get permission from the brothers. They probably would love the idea (and it's silly to think they'd ask for an absurd amount of money).......

Your knowledge of the Jackson brothers/family is very little, proven by the section in bold.

I do not care about what they will get. It just looks crap. Sounds crap. The bg vox were crap. Michael was amazing, for sure. WBSS sounds like an 8bit game. Wonder why Michael only performed Motown 25 if he could do one of his own songs? I also wonder why it took from 1984 to 2001 for them to perform on stage again.

On top of all that, the choreography is just "not done yet"... WBSS is a prime example. Only until the 2nd leg of the BWT the WBSS choreography was nailed. We can tell this because it was what he did from 1988 all the way through to what would've been 2009. It's like wanting the Beat it demo released over the original, polished song.

Nah, it was a good show.
His brothers being subpar/average shouldn't be a reason to NOT release it.

I do not care about what they will get. It just looks crap. Sounds crap. The bg vox were crap. Michael was amazing, for sure. WBSS sounds like an 8bit game. Wonder why Michael only performed Motown 25 if he could do one of his own songs? I also wonder why it took from 1984 to 2001 for them to perform on stage again.

On top of all that, the choreography is just "not done yet"... WBSS is a prime example. Only until the 2nd leg of the BWT the WBSS choreography was nailed. We can tell this because it was what he did from 1988 all the way through to what would've been 2009. It's like wanting the Beat it demo released over the original, polished song.

2fEmi.gif

:lol: ;)
To each their own but did we really watch the same video? :mello: Because what I watched looked and sounded amazing man.

But okay, let's say you think the Bad or Dangerous Tour was his peak and the show is not as good here. Why would you only want to see stuff from what you consider to be his best era?

I love seeing footage from every single MJ era. Imo these HQ snippets are great and I hope we get to see it in full at some point, just like I hope to see a Triumph (best sounding band of all tours imo, amazing vocals, MJ's signature dance style first emerging) and 1979 Destiny tour show in amazing quality one day.

Obviously MJ was the star of the show, so his excellence alone should be a reason to release it.
Plus, it was close to Thriller era.

Nah, it was a good show.

Yet "subpar/average" performances in Munich, 1997 shouldn't be released. Got ya.

2fEmi.gif

:lol: ;)
To each their own but did we really watch the same video? :mello: Because what I watched looked and sounded amazing man.

73160a1e981df1b1d031e3faf35a9850.gif

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin's supposed bass sounded like it was an 8 bit game.

Each to their own I guess! Does Henry Vaccarro (sp?) not have shows? I SWEAR I heard he took a lot of Jacksons stuff and they were included.

Yet "subpar/average" performances in Munich, 1997 shouldn't be released. Got ya.

I'm indifferent to Munich. It could be that show or any other show. I just don't want a theatrical release of the History tour.
But if they do happen to do that for Munich, the show isn't that bad.

It seems you have this fixation on the brothers being in the background for some reason, though. They aren't hurting the show, and neither is that bassline. I'm sure a multi track remix of a show would make a show sound better (for things like the brothers background vocals), too.

------

I just wanna know why they only have wireless microphones for the last few songs of the show. Were wireless microphones in 1984 really limited? Like battery life or something?

You'll notice the wireless mics don't come in until Working Day And Night.
Otherwise, everyone is bound by the mic cord.

I'm indifferent to Munich. It could be that show or any other show. I just don't want a theatrical release of the History tour.
But if they do happen to do that for Munich, the show isn't that bad.

It seems you have this fixation on the brothers being in the background for some reason, though. They aren't hurting the show, and neither is that bassline. I'm sure a multi track remix of a show would make a show sound better (for things like the brothers background vocals), too.

------

I just wanna know why they only have wireless microphones for the last few songs of the show. Were wireless microphones in 1984 really limited? Like battery life or something?

You'll notice the wireless mics don't come in until Working Day And Night.
Otherwise, everyone is bound by the mic cord.

Wrong. I just think the show isn't that good at all. They don't help it, but it just isn't that good.

We now know that Columbia81 was FORCED to delete the video....
11rulom.png

Lol at the threat part. What exactly is this supposed person gonna do? Write nasty emails? It's not like he can do legal action.
He just posted snippets.

But anyhow, the internet is forever and the snippets are already online elsewhere.

After watching this vid more than 16 times and changing my pants twice I cincerly hope we do get to see the full version of this concert especially for the performance of Billie Jean which had me cream myself.

Nah, it was a good show.

Why do you think his brothers were subpar? What's all the hatred for the brothers? LOL They're a strange, dysfunctional family and Michael was part of it. Still don't understand the need to attack the Bros. especially when it comes to obtaining/watching classic Jackson performances.

Why do you think his brothers were subpar? What's all the hatred for the brothers? LOL They're a strange, dysfunctional family and Michael was part of it. Still don't understand the need to attack the Bros. especially when it comes to obtaining/watching classic Jackson performances.

It's worrying how so little people know the truth about that 'family'.

Back