Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

I want this in my hands and on my TV so bad... And anyone is subpar next to Michael..that being said the concert should be released.. In all reality a large majority of people that buy mj mj live concerts are fans that would overlook that.. Plus DVD players have this thing called "skip" where you can skip a particular part of a show you don't want to see.. Which i wpould with jerms solos

I really wish they did TORTURE on this tour!
I would have preferred it over Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming. Just having Jermaine and Michael sing that together live would have been awesome.

Really underrated song.

The problem with the Victory Tour was it was an "arena show" that was done in stadiums. The set up was better suited for arenas, that's the impressions I always got from the footage that's been out there and the Dodger Stadium audio bootleg.

The brothers definitely definitely didn't ruin or cheapen the show, but with this tour, Michael was definitely overshadowing them. If they were to release a concert from this tour, I'd rather have the show they did at Madison Square Garden since the set up was perfect for the arena. From the bootleg that was on Youtube, Michael was definitely in his element that night, even calling out that rude guy in the audience during Beat It LOL

I hope the Victory Tour, Triumph Tour, and Destiny Tour get releases one day soon

Is MSG also where he told the security guy to leave the kids alone alone or something :D

TBH if Toronto show is actually leaked I will be pleased. As for an official release MSG, or L.A would be great.

This footage is jumbotron footage most definitely. In addition to all the brothers that signing off on a release like this, the record company they were signed to during this concert recording would also have distribution rights? Why? Well their contract with the record company exclusive rights to any material recorded DURING the contract period. They aren't allowed to record any records for any other party without the expressed consent of the record company. The record contract makes it so that the term RECORD includes Vinyls, CD, DVD, VHS, Blu Ray Etc. I'm sure it could be done, but it all depends on a lot of people agreeing on such a deal, couple with how much they could potentially make and whatever that amount is it would need to be split by a lot of people!

I though I read some where that Michael actually hired his own film crew without the brothers know who filmed the show and promised he'd give them all a copy. lol. Is this true?

This footage is jumbotron footage most definitely. In addition to all the brothers that signing off on a release like this, the record company they were signed to during this concert recording would also have distribution rights? Why? Well their contract with the record company exclusive rights to any material recorded DURING the contract period. They aren't allowed to record any records for any other party without the expressed consent of the record company. The record contract makes it so that the term RECORD includes Vinyls, CD, DVD, VHS, Blu Ray Etc. I'm sure it could be done, but it all depends on a lot of people agreeing on such a deal, couple with how much they could potentially make and whatever that amount is it would need to be split by a lot of people!

I though I read some where that Michael actually hired his own film crew without the brothers know who filmed the show and promised he'd give them all a copy. lol. Is this true?
Michael DID hire his own crew to film some shows. Whether he gave copies or not is speculation. On the other hand, thats how the Toronto Show came about....

In addition to all the brothers that signing off on a release like this, the record company they were signed to during this concert recording would also have distribution rights? Why? Well their contract with the record company exclusive rights to any material recorded DURING the contract period. They aren't allowed to record any records for any other party without the expressed consent of the record company. The record contract makes it so that the term RECORD includes Vinyls, CD, DVD, VHS, Blu Ray Etc. I'm sure it could be done, but it all depends on a lot of people agreeing on such a deal, couple with how much they could potentially make and whatever that amount is it would need to be split by a lot of people!

Great point!

I do not believe any of those parties do not want to profit from this so negotiations can be done. I wonder if the push back is from the executors or Sony because the profits have to be split quite a bit. That can be overcomed by maximizing the release which means marketing beyond fans.

I have never understood why this concert was not released. If it is being saved for a particular date, I can understand and appreciate that; I just have not seen evidence of it.

Michael DID hire his own crew to film some shows. Whether he gave copies or not is speculation. On the other hand, thats how the Toronto Show came about....

Thanks for the info! If MJ did film Toronto... This isn't that footage! It's just footage for the audience like the Wembley show and we have seen that film footage either!
Thx!

I remember reading an interview on here with a former Sony executive who talked about trying to get Michael to release the Victory Tour, I'll try and find it

No no, this whole thing came about because there was a very limited pressing of the Toronto show years ago that was never released. Not for a means of storing a show.

That's why the original dude has it in the first place.
The laserdisc was not something a fan made a copy onto. It was the source they probably got it from (not the the guy who posted the snippets, but wherever they got it from).

ANYWAY, does it matter where it came from? :D

The estate probably has most, of not all, shows from the tour.

Nope. The original sharer said it is definitely not from laserdisc. It's source was either the beta or one inch master

Last edited:
I think you quoted the wrong person?
I was saying the source was the laserdisc (and obviously sourced from a mastercopy of the show)

I think you quoted the wrong person?
I was saying the source was the laserdisc (and obviously sourced from a mastercopy of the show)

No i was quoting you. I made a typo lol
The guy who has the tape said the source was not from laserdisc. Im actually talking to him right now lol

The guy who has the tape said the source was not from laserdisc. Im actually talking to him right now lol

Someone posted here saying that the tape we saw was VHS. Its hard for me to believe that given the quality so like I said previously
Master (Beta?) > Laserdisc > VHS > DVD That is my guess. Its possible that the original owner Jeff Denoised the video...

You're talking to him right now is he going to release it?

You're talking to him right now is he going to release it?

Someone posted here saying that the tape we saw was VHS. Its hard for me to believe that given the quality so like I said previously
Master (Beta?) > Laserdisc > VHS > DVD That is my guess. Its possible that the original owner Jeff Denoised the video...

In any case, funny that it looks better than Wembley (and thats even counting the fact that the snippets are from a handheld camera pointed at a dudes TV :D )

I never realized that the video for Beat It with Van Halen has already been around the net before.

Yes, its a VHS rip.
No laserdisc involved

Yes, its a VHS rip.
No laserdisc involved

It must be either a VERY good transfer or I'm telling you, It had to be transferred from the master ! NO WAY this VHS has been stored since 1984 with Audio/Video Quality being in that good of shape. Again, I trust your sources 100% but I believe the master was probably beta and recently transferred to VHS and now DVD. The quality does not look like a degraded 29 year old VHS. lol No Laserdisk involved I agree.....

In any case, funny that it looks better than Wembley (and thats even counting the fact that the snippets are from a handheld camera pointed at a dudes TV :D )
Thats the sad part. If this does in fact LEAK it will be interesting because a bootleg will be higher quality than an OFFICIAL RELEASE. Thats when you know somethings wrong.

For a Official release I would like that kind of quality from the filmed Billie Jean clip. Bootleg wish list : Toronto official release : L.A MSG or Chicago...

That Billie Jean is made up of at least 2 shows (some shots he has the blue sparkly shirt, and others the alternate white one).

it's because there are 2 versions in circulation. One of HQ and one of LQ. Those snippets of 'VictoryCampaign84' all come from the LQ one I guess.

Back