Victory 40th Anniversary

I added the article below with the unreleased songs mentioned.

Power
Written and produced by Jackie with Tito on guitar, Randy on percussion, Jermaine on bass and the brothers on BGV. A song about people coming together to make the world a better place. [This would later become "Playin' With Fire" by Greg Phillinganes]

Nona
Written and produced by Jackie with Tito on guitar, Randy on percussion, Jermaine on bass and the brothers on BGV. A song dedicated to actress Sophia Loren

Still in Love with You
Written and produced by Randy

Bad Company
Written by Tito with Jermaine on BGV

Where Do I Stand
Written and produced by Marlon [this was later released in 1987 for Marlons solo album]

I'm In Love With You
Written and produced by Marlon​

13529-10200411748212808-3822742257900945349-n.jpg
11150416-10200411748652819-7762896228202020533-n.jpg

11072833-10200411749172832-2743794056499248533-n.jpg
11210459-10200411749732846-9100062824454624675-n.jpg
Wow awesome thank you so much for this

There's no point in making threads like this - the estate doesn't read herešŸ˜†
they do, they know what's going on in forums like mjjc:
Michael Jacksonā€™s ā€˜Invincibleā€™ Album Was Released In October 2001
October 06, 2023
Michaelā€™s Invincible album was released this month in 2001, and at 77 minutes with 16 songs (15 of which are written or co-written by Michael), it is his most expansive. It was awarded the best album of the 2000s decade by Billboard magazine readers and today it is likely his most discussed album in the fan forums.

Also note at 4:20, Michael mentions they're preparing for an album with approximately 15 songs complete and this is early 1983, right after Motown 25. There's definitely more songs that weren't mentioned like "Born to Love""Tender", "Doing Dirty" and "Buffalo Bill".

they do, they know what's going on in forums like mjjc:

They are amongst us :ROFLMAO:
Also note at 4:20, Michael mentions they're preparing for an album with approximately 15 songs complete and this is early 1983, right after Motown 25. There's definitely more songs that weren't mentioned like "Born to Love""Tender", "Doing Dirty" and "Buffalo Bill".

Thanks...will be listening to this.

And you have a credible source for "Born to Love" and "Tender"? Chris Cadman has already mentioned "Tender Love" as a rumor.

The Estate won't give us new songs on a Jacksons release. We also already have 45th Anniversary Editions (Expanded Editions) for every album which were released with the first Jacksons album's 45th Anniversary. A "Victory Tour: Live at Dodger Stadium" release in July 2024 would be amazing tho!

And you have a credible source for "Born to Love" and "Tender"? Chris Cadman has already mentioned "Tender Love" as a rumor.
Born to Love and Tender were both written in 1982 but these couldā€™ve been for another project perhaps. Both are written by Jackie and Don Danielā€™s with Kathy Wakefield cowriting on Born to Love. Born to Love was registered in May of 1982 and Tender didnā€™t get registered until 2000.

Born to Love and Tender were both written in 1982 but these couldā€™ve been for another project perhaps. Both are written by Jackie and Don Danielā€™s with Kathy Wakefield cowriting on Born to Love. Born to Love was registered in May of 1982 and Tender didnā€™t get registered until 2000.

I found that :

Tender / words and music by Don Daniels & Jackie Jackson.

Type of Work:​
Entry not found.
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu000491933 / 1983-01-03
Supplemented by: PAu002528543 / 2000-10-24
Title:​
Tender / words and music by Don Daniels & Jackie Jackson.
Description:​
1 sound cassette + lyrics (1 p.)
Copyright Claimant:​
Siggy Music & Nealjon Music Company
Date of Creation:​
Copyright Note:​
C.O. correspondence.
See also Tender; Reg. 24Oct00; PAu 2-528-543

@BlackAnon
If I'm not mistaken, the registration date is the date of registration in the US Copyright register. In the case of "Tender", I understand that the recording of this song dates from 1983, the date of the cassette. Do you think the same thing?

Oh wow I've never heard this.... this is amazing. "There aren't no words to this"šŸ¤£ They sound like they're having so much fun (before jermaine came to capitalize himself).

They should've had this on video!!

@BlackAnon
If I'm not mistaken, the registration date is the date of registration in the US Copyright register. In the case of "Tender", I understand that the recording of this song dates from 1983, the date of the cassette. Do you think the same thing?
Another registration shows 2000. Anything registered in 1983 was most likely for the early configuration of Victory. I have to check again but I think one of the outtakes was registered in July 84, which was probably removed from the album last minute

IMG-0176.jpg

15 to 20 songs finished for Victory, very cool to know, even if likely most of them are sung by the brothers instead of Michael.
Victory was basically a collection of solo material the brothers later worked on as a group. I donā€™t think Michael wanted to be the face of the album since he didnā€™t want to do it at all. My guess is he only submitted a handful of songs

Be Not Always
Buffalo Bill
Liberian Girl
State of Shock
Victory

probably Dirty Diana & Sunset Driver, too
I donā€™t think Sunset Driver but Dirty Diana is a possibility but DD was probably something Michael was working on for himself

I doubt D.D
D.D was written in 1983 with registrations in 1984, 1985 and 1987ā€¦..he probably played around with the song but I canā€™t see it on Victory with that lyrical content

@BlackAnon

Do you have any info on a potential solo version of MJ on "The Hurt" and "Torture"?

All I know is that for "Torture" there is a version between Michael and Jackie.

@BlackAnon

Do you have any info on a potential solo version of MJ on "The Hurt" and "Torture"?

All I know is that for "Torture" there is a version between Michael and Jackie.
Never heard about another version of The Hurt but Torture does have an original version with Jackie on lead. Jackies adlibs are on the 12ā€ I think

Never heard about another version of The Hurt but Torture does have an original version with Jackie on lead. Jackies adlibs are on the 12ā€ I think
Jackie sang lead vocal a lot, he was the original singer of Torture too. I'd like hearing that version too.

Are all victory multitracks circulating in trading circles? Would be interesting to know if certain tapes have unused lead vox of mj

Back