Victory 40th Anniversary

Hello @BlackAnon
Since you are one of few to have heard the Victory outtake 'Buffalo Bill', is there anything more you might be able to reveal about it's composition, lyrics, melody, tempo etc?
I haven't heard Buffalo Bill.....only going by what I was told by John Barnes and a few others

It's a symphonic opening and a charming melody with more vocal sounds and the brothers singing on it. It's a dance track and was compared to R&B

I haven't heard Buffalo Bill.....only going by what I was told by John Barnes and a few others

It's a symphonic opening and a charming melody with more vocal sounds and the brothers singing on it. It's a dance track and was compared to R&B
It sounds cool by the way you describe the song

Alright Now might've been considered for Victory as well since it was written and recorded in 1983. Michael and John [Barnes] were creating magic during this time. The chorus reminds me of One More Chance from Victory

Last edited:
Is Born To Love a Victory outtake?
This was registered in May 1982 and was more than likely for a Jackie project since Michael was in the middle of recording Thriller but it's possible they were already in the talks of doing the Victory album since it was supposed to be released that next year but Michael was also scheduled to release another album in 1983

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu000402944 / 1982-05-14
Title:​
Born to love / J. Jackson, D. Daniels, K. Wakefield.
Description:​
1 sound cassette.
Copyright Claimant:​
Siggy Music, Nealjon Music Company & Eliza M. Music
Date of Creation:​
Authorship on Application:​
words & music: Jackie Jackson, Don Daniels & Kathy Wakefield.

Last edited:
This was registered in May 1982 and was more than likely for a Jackie project since Michael was in the middle of recording Thriller but it's possible they were already in the talks of doing the Victory album since it was supposed to be released that next year but Michael was also scheduled to release another album in 1983

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu000402944 / 1982-05-14
Title:​
Born to love / J. Jackson, D. Daniels, K. Wakefield.
Description:​
1 sound cassette.
Copyright Claimant:​
Siggy Music, Nealjon Music Company & Eliza M. Music
Date of Creation:​
Authorship on Application:​
words & music: Jackie Jackson, Don Daniels & Kathy Wakefield.
I wonder if this song will be released one day

Back