[Video] Another Part of Me performance from Wembley DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say this, but the angles are really boring in the video from Kansas.

The girls were screaming hehe. Must say the energy on Wembley was miles better though.

I agree with both of you - AND THAT just makes me appreciate the Wembley concert we get even MORE !!

So excited! This have been a great day! - Finally we got confirmed the quality is great!

Audio PERFECT and video GREAT!

Can't wait so excited, I started dancing in my chair I'm gonna break this chair by the I finish watching the entire concert

The quality is quite alright, especially when you realize how old the concert is. But i wouldn't say it's amazing or anything, but the best they could do? Quite possibly yeah. What i'm afraid of though is the quality on a much much bigger screen, much bigger than this video. With big i mean a 60 inch screen. It looks good when you don't watch it full screen, the amazon video, well..you can't even watch it full screen, but i bet if you could watch it full screen...it wouldn't look too good.

I got that bootleg Yokohama concert and i can't really remember the quality anymore...but that must have been much worse than this though.

I just checked that bootleg dvd that i bought at a MJ event a few years ago...its called...I gonna be Bad in Japan. The quality is doable there, but compared to the APOM video, it's really much worse. So i'm happy it's at least alot better than that crap dvd i got. I just hope it remains good when i check it on my big screen. And is it full screen or will it have borders?

Last edited:
Baaadd Michael, he is showing the middle finger again

03ea4d3938.jpg

compared to the official APOM video, Michael's skin is caramel and not white. his skin was still dark at the time.

Quality is ok.

Mod Note
Please dont post download links on board. it puts MJJC in jeapordy of being cited for copyright infringment.

Screenshots don't do the quality of image any justice, it looks fantastic for a VHS and I'm just so, so pleased that we're all getting a product we can all enjoy together without the arguing and outcry of previous releases.

Bring on the full release and unreleased songs!!

Needless to say that Michael's performance is amazing.. :)
The bad point here is really the enhancement: contrast and sharpening are too strong or simply badly tweaked.. I feel like watching a cartoon!
I spent 2 min to edit the clip and I get something more natural: why?

amazon clip:
sony0000.png

tv trailer (quickly enhanced):
mjmax0000.png

Needless to say that Michael's performance is amazing.. :)
The bad point here is really the enhancement: contrast and sharpening are too strong or simply badly tweaked.. I feel like watching a cartoon!
I spent 2 min to edit the clip and I get something more natural: why?

amazon clip:
sony0000.png

tv trailer (quickly enhanced):
mjmax0000.png

The final DVD quality is better and slightly less 'cartoonish'. Check out this comparison:

The one on the left is the actual DVD quality we are going to get, even slighly better then the APOM video from amazon which is on the right.

2mhzst3.jpg

the quality in the amazon clip is not the final quality... the video is heavily compressed. at the end of the video it says "2012 Optimum Productions" in text, and even the text is blocky and unclear... and i doubt that watermark came from the original VHS. :) so, more good news i guess

and u can watch it fullscreen... i watched it fullscreen ???

The final DVD quality is better and slightly less 'cartoonish'. Check out this comparison:

The one on the left is the actual DVD quality we are going to get, even slighly better then the APOM video from amazon which is on the right.

2mhzst3.jpg

Personally i prefer the one on the right actually.

@qbee

I think you misunderstood me. his skin is fine here. looks like in the Rome parts we have or the grammys. in the official video his skin is white, like all the caucasian people in the crowd.

One thing that always distract me, the use of so much smoke. he did use it till the 99. sometimes i wonder do the people in the crowd see him?
at "low" quality videos it just blurres the picture even more. I know it was used alot in the 80s, but on video doesn't look good.

The quality is quite alright, especially when you realize how old the concert is. But i wouldn't say it's amazing or anything, but the best they could do? Quite possibly yeah. What i'm afraid of though is the quality on a much much bigger screen, much bigger than this video. With big i mean a 60 inch screen. It looks good when you don't watch it full screen, the amazon video, well..you can't even watch it full screen, but i bet if you could watch it full screen...it wouldn't look too good.

I got that bootleg Yokohama concert and i can't really remember the quality anymore...but that must have been much worse than this though.

I just checked that bootleg dvd that i bought at a MJ event a few years ago...its called...I gonna be Bad in Japan. The quality is doable there, but compared to the APOM video, it's really much worse. So i'm happy it's at least alot better than that crap dvd i got. I just hope it remains good when i check it on my big screen. And is it full screen or will it have borders?

it will look fine for any dvd played on a 60 inch tv I'm sure :) compared to any other bad concert viewed on my tv, i think this will be the best and ultimate for any fan, any issue with video quality given the circumstances and the historical nature of the release will be irrelevant come viewing time for all of us :)

watch sample clips and full videos for quality, screenshots dont do it justice honestly!

2mhzst3.jpg
if the left one is the actual quality, then is pretty good.

the quality in the amazon clip is not the final quality... the video is heavily compressed.
Sorry but this is not true.. the average bitrate is 3000kbps, which is very good for h264.

captureuzi.png

at the end of the video it says "2012 Optimum Productions" in text, and even the text is blocky and unclear...
Again, you're wrong. The text is not blocky, it's just badly interlaced.. probably wrong use of Yadif algorithm.

i doubt that watermark came from the original VHS.
You're comparing with en reencoded version from youtube. I'm comparing the direct stream capture from Amazon, which is 108 Mb.

Personally i prefer the one on the right actually.
Don't be mistaken by the comb artifact.. the source is interlaced. You won't see that on your television as it will apply a bob filter on the fly. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry but this is not true.. the average bitrate is 3000kbps, which is very good for h264.

captureuzi.png

Again, you're wrong. The text is not blocky, it's just badly interlaced.. probably wrong use of Yadif algorithm.

You're comparing with en reencoded version from youtube. I'm comparing the direct stream capture from Amazon, which is 108 Mb.

Don't be mistaken by the comb artifact.. the source is interlaced. You won't see that on your television as it will apply a bob filter on the fly. ;)

Hey mate i think you quoted the wrong person, i didn't say those things. Just saying :)

in reference to the skin color comments last page,
Yeah, it's strange how throughout the tour he sometimes looked hella dark, sometimes hella white, sometimes in the middle.

There are some backstage photos where he took pics with celebs or fans where he looks like a GHOST, but on stage he was dark skinned.

I know he wore stage makeup, but still. I guess it's all about lighting, cameras, shadows, etc etc

On the MITM performance from Moonwalker, theres a certain camera angle when he's in the blue shirt where he looks a bit ghostly white too, but the other shots he looks dark.

Just pointing that out as an observation (before someone says something corny like "Who cares what his skin looked like! He's beautiful!!" )

tumblr_m1dcvcdC5A1qb0nyxo3_250.gif

:D :cheeky: :rofl:

The following frame illustrates the contrast issue: Michael's shirt appears 'washed out' and the crowd in the stands is lost in the darkness.

The details in bright and dark areas are lost because the constrast was set too strong... give me the VHS, and I could probably recover some of them ;)

contrast0000.png

I know there's a whole forum thread dedicated to Mike's junk so just thought I'd heads up all the perverts that you can see more than just bouncing buckles from 3:30 on that video. Now I've seen it I can't unsee it. Aaaargh.

It's Just Another Part of Michael..:D

:blushing:
Thank you. You're a doll for bringing that to our attention. :wild: I wouldnt call myself a pervert though, just a woman who enjoys every move Michael's body makes when he's dancing :wub::lol:

I've always described Michael on stage as PURE SEX! oHH THOSE MOVES :wub: Amazing video better than the official APOM video out there. I just LOVE to see ALL of Michael!

I watched the 3.30 part of the video like 184012 times :rofl: thanks for pointing it out :D

It's definitely not Moscow (his American pronunciation in Stranger in Moscow would confirm that) although I must admit I thought that's what he said on first listen and most people are probably going to think that he messed up there when they hear it.

By the way, although I didn't go to this show, the t-shirt in my avatar was bought for me at that night at Wembley so it's quite an occasion to finally get to see the show after all these years of being made to imagine what it was like!

That's a special story, and to know that you finally will see the show that has been talked about for ages. What was the reason you not attended this historic night? This whole Bad 25 project is great!! With the release of all this Wembley footage and personal stories of fans I experience the excitement of the people in London, summer 1988. Can't believe we're going to see MJ at his best on DVD. Restoration work is fabulous. I want to dance and shout! :D

oups sorry... I fixed this mistake.

Btw, why do you say the tv Trailer is the actual DVD quality?

No worrys :) And i just assumed to be honest, surely the quality wouldn't be any worse then the original trailer would it?

Well personally im stoked about the quality. I dont think they could of done a much better job to be honest. Was worrying for nothing.

WTF, why can't they make it look like Moonwalker MITM quality? And about Queen...damn, that's impressive. Imagine the Bad tour in HD...jeeeeesus how awesome would that be. Why wasn't this possible for this ?

I guess we just got to wait until the actual DVD is out to really judge the finished product. It's better getting this than none at all. I did notice though that one user pointed out the trailer promo for APOM on amazon is slightly cartoonish, which I think is a false portrayal of what the finished product will actually look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back