Videomixes are dead ?

lougrizli

Guests
As I already said in one of my thread on 2000 Watts, I think videomixes are kinda dead. A lot of YouTubers has stopped making videos because their channels has been deleted several times. I probably had 12 channels in 9 years. I want to change this.

I'm actually working on 38 videomixes but, I've never ask what y'all would like to see. So let me know in the comments.

You said it all in the title itself. I can only imagine the amount of hard work and time spent in making a video mix and then all of a sudden one day everything going down the drain is just so demotivating for the creator. That said, I still like to watch video mixes as they are a unique concept and give the viewer a different experience. :)

Forgive the ignorance but is a video mix where they create their own video to one of Michael's songs using pix and film out there?

There was one guy a few years ago that made vids for Liberian girl, Pretty young thing, and the best Baby be Mine. I loved those. But they're long gone now.

You said it all in the title itself. I can only imagine the amount of hard work and time spent in making a video mix and then all of a sudden one day everything going down the drain is just so demotivating for the creator. That said, I still like to watch video mixes as they are a unique concept and give the viewer a different experience. :)

Oh yeah it's quite demotivating but when you love what you do, you keep doin it. When you try to force the creation, the result is not as good as it should be. I don't know how other videomixers process but for me, it's not complicated : I listen to a song, the video comes in my head automatically. Like there is nothing in front of me anymore but only the video. Sometimes even when I'm sleeping I dream about a videomix and I need to wake up to make it.

Forgive the ignorance but is a video mix where they create their own video to one of Michael's songs using pix and film out there?

There was one guy a few years ago that made vids for Liberian girl, Pretty young thing, and the best Baby be Mine. I loved those. But they're long gone now.
A videomix is pretty much that, creating a video using Michael's songs but also his videos. I will put the link of my last videomix so you can understand what I'm trying to say.

I remember of a Baby Be Mine video who was pretty cool. I think it was uploaded in 2007 but no longer available now. We might talk about the same one. My next video will be Threatened - Nick* Remix but after this one, I can try Baby Be Mine too. I don't promise it will be better than the one you loved but I will try.

Ok-that was good and that's what I meant. He used vids, but also news footage of Michael getting the Guinness award for thriller, etc. to make his own story for the song.

Liberian girl was full of exotic gorgeous women appearing to him in Africa. National geographic scenes of Africa. Lots of pretty little graphics too. He did a good job of synching the lyrics with other songs Michael sang on film or on stage.
They disappeared once and then he opened a new channel. But they got taken down too I guess.

I'd love to see yours.

I completely agree. I just lost my Vimeo channel recently and I'm honestly contemplating whether or not to continue as a video editor. Copyright infringement has always been my downfall and I've lost so much on YouTube and Vimeo. I can't even tell you how many channels I've lost due to copyright problems.

I've always loved the fan-made video mixes. A few years ago there was an absolutely awesome video for 2000 Watts, it actually made me like the track much more than I did. Someone also did one for Human Nature using the footage that was used for it in Moonwalker; a full-length version of that, it was great. Sony should be contacting these fans and using these videos. There's a brilliant video for Another Part Of Me with Captain EO footage which would make a great official alternative, the official live video is outstanding but that Captain EO footage is great.

I would love a video for every track that never had an offical one made. Every album should have a visual disc. They did it for John Lennon's 'Lennon Legend Best Of. MJ fans do better work than offical commissions whether it's remastering, remixing, video mixing, art and writing.

^^Yeah it's brilliant. Saw a good one to for Just Good Friends, the video-mixer used the studio footage of MJ & Stevie from Bad25 doc. It would be nice to have videos for every track because you forget about album tracks sometimes. Every Mj track is video worthy. :cool:

^^Yeah it's brilliant. Saw a good one to for Just Good Friends, the video-mixer used the studio footage of MJ & Stevie from Bad25 doc. It would be nice to have videos for every track because you forget about album tracks sometimes. Every Mj track is video worthy. :cool:
I've said this before, but I'd love to see that video of JGF made with the BAD25 footage, mixed with scenes of Michael and Stevie as kids at Motown. Add pix of Michael watching him at the studio. Add footage of them together thru the years-because they were good friends and devoted to one another.

I've said this before, but I'd love to see that video of JGF made with the BAD25 footage, mixed with scenes of Michael and Stevie as kids at Motown. Add pix of Michael watching him at the studio. Add footage of them together thru the years-because they were good friends and devoted to one another.
That's the video right there!! Maybe also do a video for IJCSLY with the studio footage of MJ and Siedah; probably lots of playful footage of them both from that time; keep it Bad era or pre-Bad era as to keep it within context. Then we've got an entire visual version of the album with Come Toghter and Price of Fame Pepsi video as extras!

Bad (Full length)
Bad (Alternative ending)
TWYMMF (Full length)
TWYMMF (Outtakes)
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Just Good Friends (Bad25 & various clips/pics)
Another Part Of Me
Another Part Of Me (Captain EO version)
Man In The Mirror
Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker version)
IJCSLY (Bad25 studio footage)
Dirty Diana
Dirty Diana (Unreleased early video cut)
Smooth Criminal (full-length version)
Leave Me Alone

Street Walker (Unreleased footage from the vaults)
Come Together
Price of Fame (Unreleased Pepsi promo)
Dirty Diana (Live featuring Steve Stevens)
APOM (Live Kansas version)
Bad (Live Wembley July 14th)

Getting carried away now with something that will never see the light of day lol, but yeah, would LOVE that Just Good Friends video. :)

That's the video right there!! Maybe also do a video for IJCSLY with the studio footage of MJ and Siedah; probably lots of playful footage of them both from that time; keep it Bad era or pre-Bad era as to keep it within context. Then we've got an entire visual version of the album with Come Toghter and Price of Fame Pepsi video as extras!

Bad (Full length)
Bad (Alternative ending)
TWYMMF (Full length)
TWYMMF (Outtakes)
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Just Good Friends (Bad25 & various clips/pics)
Another Part Of Me
Another Part Of Me (Captain EO version)
Man In The Mirror
Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker version)
IJCSLY (Bad25 studio footage)
Dirty Diana
Dirty Diana (Unreleased early video cut)
Smooth Criminal (full-length version)
Leave Me Alone

Street Walker (Unreleased footage from the vaults)
Come Together
Price of Fame (Unreleased Pepsi promo)
Dirty Diana (Live featuring Steve Stevens)
APOM (Live Kansas version)
Bad (Live Wembley July 14th)

Getting carried away now with something that will never see the light of day lol, but yeah, would LOVE that Just Good Friends video. :)
YES!! I'll add one more fantasy extra: alternate version of Liberian Girl that starts with the Beverly Johnson into and carries that story.
I know there's footage of him walking in forests and gazing at oceans and I'm sure there's tons of her too from her modeling shoots. It can be all dreamy and romantic. :)

I'll take it! Would be great if Liberian Girl had that type of video that suited the song.

I've not been able to find that JGF video lately. Will try to find it again.

Back