Was He The Most Famous Person On Earth?

Just think how big Michael would be had he been active in the social media age. He would have the most twitter followers, etc.

I often think about that. His Facebook account is one of the most popular celebrity accounts and he is dead and it is not operated by him. Imagine if he had an actual account where he posted! Or an Instagram account. It would break all their servers! :D

I agree this. There is hardly more vicious media than the British, but the British public always loved him. I think that is true most of the world. While of course the media has an effect on people everywhere, but I think it had its most unfortunate effect in the US.
When I was in High school journalism class in the late 70s, we were taught about the British tabloid press and I was pretty shocked. But apparently it's been around forever and the people are used to it and take it for what it is.

It became a big deal here in the US especially in 80s and 90s and I dont think people realized the difference between tabloids and real news.

Then TV got in the act and mainstream news followed suit because that's where the money was.
So if it's on the news, it must be true. That used to be an honorable profession. No more.

90% of the morning news shows today are either tabloids or telling us what people said on social media. I'm all for human interest stories but I could give a flip about some scandal talked about on Twitter.

I'm embarrassed by the effing sheeple media in my country. Whatever the media in USA told about Michael, there were the sheeple regurgitating the same bull too. I'm not really sure if Michael has a large fan base here because the allegations and what the media regurgitated, made the audience believing the crap they were fed with. You know, as long as they created a morbid fascination towards him, to the sheeple, panem et circenses to distract them from the real problems occurred in Mexico. What it's sure is people would have to live without the access to the mass to not know who Michael is/was.

Back