WE BE BALLIN' - all info about the OFFICIAL versions

Korgnex

Proud Member
Country
Germany
We Be Ballin'

confusion about real and fake versions

On the occasion of still ongoing confusion about the authenticity of several versions of "We Be Ballin' ", here is an overview of all 100% official studio versions:

• Master Mix (5:07)

Two leaks of this:
    • (5:02, the song abruptly ends at 4:46 and the remaining playtime is silent)
      LEAKED from Test Pressing on June 21st, 2008 (Source: mickyj007 / MJJC)
    • (5:07, the song is complete and has a fade out)
      LEAKED from Promo-CD on July 12th, 2008 (Source: Dangerous Incorporated / MJJC)
    Michael Jackson sings the chorus three times and each time slightly different. The last
    chorus is a longer one with more vocals.
    Furthermore the "Master Mix" also includes all vocals by Ice Cube and Shaquille O'Neal,
    features professional production and mastering and has superb sound quality.

How can I be sure that I'm listening to the "Master Mix"?
    • playtime is 5:08 min (no silence)
      (note: 1 leaked version is taken from a master CD on which the track is incomplete and thus abruptly ends at 4:46)
    • there's no spoken/muffled intro
    • the background music features a heavy bass routine and during Michael Jackson's choruses the music is becoming very soft (horns)
    • singers are:
      • Ice Cube (lead vocals)
      • Shaquille O'Neal (background vocals + verses)
      • Michael Jackson (chorus 3x)
    • there are 3 choruses sung by Michael Jackson, the last one features more vocals
      order of chorus appearances by Michael Jackson:
      • 1) 1:01 - 1:20 (20 secs)
      • 2) 2:11 - 2:30 (20 secs)
      • 3) 3:21 - 4:00 (40 secs)
    • the song ends with a fade out (4:46 - 5:08)
    • best sound quality available: CD quality

• Street Mix (5:14)

LEAKED on June 21st, 2008 (Source: mickyj007 / MJJC)
    The "Street Mix" gives the song a more edgy and urban feel. It's very different in
    production, style when compared to the "Master Mix" and turns the end of the song
    into an acappella by Ice Cube. It features all the vocals from the "Master Mix".

How can I be sure that I'm listening to the "Street Mix"?
    • playtime is 5:15 min (song ends at 5:12, 3 secs silence)
    • the background music features a humming voice and is very edgy, in constant intervals there's a short leap routine
    • singers are:
      • Ice Cube (lead vocals)
      • Michael Jackson (chorus 3x)
    • there are 3 choruses sung by Michael Jackson, the last one features more vocals
      • 1) 0:43 - 1:02 (20 secs)
      • 2) 1:53 - 2:12 (20 secs)
      • 3) 3:03 - 3:42 (40 secs)
    • the song ends with a short a cappella by Ice Cube (5:03 - 5:12)

• Work In Progress (5:33)

LEAKED on April 30th, 2009 (Source: unknown user / MJJC)
    This version was an early work on the remix with Shaq & Mike. It uses much musical
    elements from the 1997 original We Be Clubbin' and Mike sings the chorus only two
    times here (the 2nd chorus being the longer one). The track contains some vocals
    that were later dropped from the final version (some others are missing here) and
    ends with an instrumental passage.

How can I be sure that I'm listening to the "Work In Progress" version?
    • playtime is 5:33 min (song ends at 5:28, 5 secs silence)
    • the background music is identical to the original track "We Be Clubbin' " by Ice Cube
    • singers are:
      • Ice Cube (lead vocals)
      • Michael Jackson (chorus 2x)
    • there are 2 choruses sung by Michael Jackson, the last one features more vocals
      • 1) 2:11 - 2:30 (20 secs)
      • 2) 3:42 - 4:21 (40 secs)
    • the song ends with an instrumental passage (4:23 - 5:28)

Korgnex :punk:

Last edited:
Thanx for clearing this up for some members Korgnex.

We Be Ballin'

confusion about real and fake versions
  • Work In Progress (5:33)

LEAKED on April 30th, 2009 (Source: unknown user / MJJC)

I have the original WAV file of the "Work-in-Progress" Version from 2008, and it was NOT leaked in lossless quality.
I re-checked the file/s.

Spectral View of WAV:

Only Street & Master Mix are leaked in true WAVs. Proof us wrong. :)

Last edited:
I have the original WAV file of the "Work-in-Progress" Version from 2008, and it was NOT leaked in lossless quality.
I re-checked the file/s.

Spectral View of WAV:

Only Street & Master Mix are leaked in true WAVs. Proof us wrong. :)
guess you don't have the original wav then, I think I have it though.

are you sure?
maybe you can post the link here, if you have some time later today

I know what lossless means. :D
Could you just share it?

Thanks, no stress. I would check back tomorrow on it.

Thanks for the info, the song is still awful tho lol

Why are you replying to a post from 2009? I don't think you'll get an answer, lol

LOL In theory, that's a very good q. But in practIce, it may not be totally out of the question, since Korgnex is still very much around. He may just jump in and answer it, after all.

Thanks for the info, the song is still awful tho lol
LOL again. I'm not even gonna go anywhere nearer to that comment, but I'll just say this. I didn't even realize this thread was done in 2009. Back in those days, I was mostly lurking the forum.

Also, I had no idea whatsoever about the song and that it actually leaked in 2008/2009. Reading that now, it becomes quite interesting, very interesting. Wonder why I wasn't paying attention then 🤔 I think I actualy heard it for the very first time in......2014. I guess that's when it reached its full potential. At times, the relevance of songs may not derive from their artistic merit, after all.

And btw of this thread, there is one signature that struck me, from Dimitris. He hasn't been around here lately, but that count of his continues and boy, does it hurt,,,,,,,

tick.jpg

In any case, few things are for sure - Shaq was an awesome ball player and the inspiration for one of the greatest gifs of all time, while Ice Cube is one brave brother, God bless him!

EDIT - turns out, Ice is not the only brave, freedom-loving brother out of that awesome trio - Shaq's the man also.

K1zWGx.gif

How did that other tune go, Mike's bad, I'm bad, who ..........???

It is not good for man to be alone (Ephesians 5:25-33)

Last edited:
Back