What are you doing this very second?

Finally settling in after class this evening...and short shift :ROFLMAO:

The-Eddie-Izzard-Doctrine.gif

It's not meant for boiling water 😲
It's an Instant Pot. You do a hot water test first to make sure it's all working. And it's good advice to do that hot water test before you do anything else. At first I thought it wasn't working but it was. It was doing exactly what it's meant to do. :D

Also, it gives you a chance to practice using the various buttons etc.

I could have done some boiled eggs at the same time but ... whatever. That'll be my first 'food' test, then rice, then a baked potato. Then a proper meal. I'm taking it slow. The control panel is not as daunting as I expected it to be but I like to take life at a steady pace, lol.

P.S. I've got 2 really nice Instant Pot cookbooks. Lots of yummy looking stuff in both of them. So I am quite keen to get started properly.

Last edited:
Oh 😂😂 you make me feel like top chef 😂 (no offense 🐱). I buy a kitchen gadget and start using it next day, no manual needed, no trial period :)
See, this is my point - oh, and no offence taken! Cooking is NOT my superpower! Why do you think I contract out the cooking to all these machines, lol.

For example, I can cook without a recipe in that, I'll have it there and I can cheerfully ignore it and do my own thing. But I have to have the recipe there. I can't just wing it. If I do that, we're all eating cheese sandwiches!

That sounds so good though lol
First time didn't work. Second time, worked like a dream and they were GORGEOUS!!! OMG, they were out of this world. But then, oh what do we have here? Third time, didn't work and I can't work out why.

Perhaps I should hire Hiker to do my potatoes, lol.

For example, I can cook without a recipe in that, I'll have it there and I can cheerfully ignore it and do my own thing. But I have to have the recipe there. I can't just wing it. If I do that, we're all eating cheese sandwiches!
interesting, I rarely use recipe, even if I do, just to glance at the ingredients etc. I find cooking very intuitive, what goes when, with what ....
Only place where I follow recipe is baking, but you know, that's also chemistry. So once you get the acids and bases and what reacts with what you can probably figure it out, but I am not there yet.

interesting, I rarely use recipe, even if I do, just to glance at the ingredients etc. I find cooking very intuitive, what goes when, with what ....
Only place where I follow recipe is baking, but you know, that's also chemistry. So once you get the acids and bases and what reacts with what you can probably figure it out, but I am not there yet.
The thing that's interesting to me is there is often an assumption that we fall into two categories. The people who use recipes and those who cook intuitively. I'm in a third category. I do need a recipe but I am happy to completely ignore it even if it's the very first time of using it. I also like to mash up two or three recipes together. I think I sometimes cook intuitively but mostly I like to have the structure of a recipe to get me started. It depends on the dish. If it's a casserole, generally no. Other stuff, I need the recipe to hand.

That said, I don't enjoy cooking. Love shopping for food. Love eating it. Just don't enjoy the bit in the middle, lol.

Baking is not my jam. I hate the mess. :eek:

Just arrived and now just heard over Jason David Frank’s death.

Chatting on Off The Wall Hockey livestream on YouTube for the Carolina Hurricanes vs Boston Bruins hockey game. The Bruins won 3-2 in OT and made an NHL record for 12 undefeated games on home ice since the start of the season.

Back