What could MJ's estate do to make you happy right now?

I still think the Cascio tracks are probably real, just with added processing. Folks claim that Frank was lying to protect Eddie's work, but he had no motive for that since they were estranged at the time. He also openly admitted he himself had nothing to do with the recordings, but was simply stating his opinion. As for the Estate, I'd love all of Michael's short films on Blu-Ray, including the full-length version of Ghosts and The Making of Thriller.

Stop releasing cash-in projects and actually put some effort into showcasing Michael's art. I know a lot of people were happy with Xscape but remixes put upfront and incredibly badly mastered demos isn't my idea of a job well done. It's as if they tried to make those demos sound as demo-ey as they possibly could. Also apologising for the Cascio fiasco, and removing the songs from his discography.

It's pretty bad when I'd rather listen to a lower quality leak of a song from Xscape instead of the demo on the cd because it sounds so much better.

It would make me happy if they did something big to remind people exactly why MJ is known as the best entertainer to ever walk the earth.
I don't know exactly what they could do, but I want them to do something LOL. :)

I still think the Cascio tracks are probably real, just with added processing.[/B].

Cascio tracks are 100% fake. The singer on the Cascio tracks sounds identical to Jason Malachi. And I can't see MJ waking up one morning, and saying ''Today I'm gonna record a bunch of songs where I sound like a bad impression of myself''

Cascio tracks are 100% fake. The singer on the Cascio tracks sounds identical to Jason Malachi. And I can't see MJ waking up one morning, and saying ''Today I'm gonna record a bunch of songs where I sound like a bad impression of myself''
Malachi repeatedly said he was not involved with those recordings, and why would he lie? You'd think being asked to contribute to this project would be a huge honor for any musician. Joseph Vogel even lists MJ as doing those vocals in his book "Man in the Music".

^He would lie because he participated in a fraud. Do you think the Estate would have paid Eddie Cascio the money they did for those songs if they were openly saying that an impersonator sang them? Of course not. As for Vogel: first of all, he is of course not the authority on everything MJ. More to the point, soon after the release of the book he already changed his stance and admitted having doubts and not knowing whether those vocals were authentic. He also mentioned specifically that these were the only songs for which the people who worked on them were unwilling to share anything about their creation.

^He would lie because he participated in a fraud. Do you think the Estate would have paid Eddie Cascio the money they did for those songs if they were openly saying that an impersonator sang them? Of course not. As for Vogel: first of all, he is of course not the authority on everything MJ. More to the point, soon after the release of the book he already changed his stance and admitted having doubts and not knowing whether those vocals were authentic. He also mentioned specifically that these were the only songs for which the people who worked on them were unwilling to share anything about their creation.
Isn't it just as probable, that the Estate simply owed Eddie money, that Michael failed to pay him for those sessions? They could've simply handed it over to avoid a lawsuit, and do right by Eddie in that regard. I don't know everything, but those songs sound a lot like MJ to me...and I've been a fan for over 25 years. There is a discernible difference, but that doesn't automatically point to fakery. Michael's voice changed over the course of his solo career. Is there any evidence, that those songs' vocals are substantially different in demo form?

Isn't it just as probable, that the Estate simply owed Eddie money, that Michael failed to pay him for those sessions? They could've simply handed it over to avoid a lawsuit, and do right by Eddie in that regard. I don't know everything, but those songs sound a lot like MJ to me...and I've been a fan for over 25 years. There is a discernible difference, but that doesn't automatically point to fakery. Michael's voice changed over the course of his solo career. Is there any evidence, that those songs' vocals are substantially different in demo form?

They're the exact same on the demos. Still sound exactly like Jason Malachi and have even more copy pasted vocals from previous MJ songs.

They're the exact same on the demos. Still sound exactly like Jason Malachi and have even more copy pasted vocals from previous MJ songs.
If there's no difference between the demos and the album versions, then how do you know its not Michael? He had a multi-octave range, after all.

If there's no difference between the demos and the album versions, then how do you know its not Michael? He had a multi-octave range, after all.

Because it's not Michael's voice. Sounds nothing like him, and conveniently sounds just like a well known MJ sound alike, who sounds nothing like MJ imo but you get the point. The demos aren't even demos they're finished songs. When had Michael ever been known in the later years of his life to record a full vocal for one song never mind 12 (or however many Cascio tracks there are).

I still think the Cascio tracks are probably real, just with added processing. Folks claim that Frank was lying to protect Eddie's work, but he had no motive for that since they were estranged at the time. He also openly admitted he himself had nothing to do with the recordings, but was simply stating his opinion. As for the Estate, I'd love all of Michael's short films on Blu-Ray, including the full-length version of Ghosts and The Making of Thriller.

I would love for the Estate to put all of his short films on Blu-ray, including MoonwalkerUSA release GhostsUSA release and The Making Of Thriller.

As for the Cascio tracks I think that Michael did sing on those songs. I keep hearing that somebody else sung those songs, but I don't think it's true. I'm happy with the Xscape album, but I'm now curious about what other songs he might have recorded.

I would also love for them to put out DANGEROUS 25 this fall if they can too. That would be sweet!!!

As for the Casio songs, it does not matter if they are real or not, at the end of the day these songs are at least obviously suspicious…

There was no need to include them into the album. That is it. As for apologies, IMO, it is a bit too late.

Nevertheless, if any apologies, I would love to hear it from Casios.

Well, I am very proud of Xscape! IMO, it was great. At least, right direction to combine unreleased songs.

I also think that it is very important for the fans to send all notices and advices to the Estate.

There must be communication!
Just to be sad or angry about things and give up is not what we should do, IMHO.

Some mistakes are inevitable, there are no mistakes if only you do nothing!
But we sure can help to avoid mistakes repeating.
I highly doubt that any of them were made on purpose.

So the best thing for me that the Estate can do is to organize something for such communication. I know it is hard though…

For me it would be:
-Release an album of the 2001-2009 songs which were (strongly) considered for the new album.
-Release the classical album Michael was doing, maybe also adapted as a film score.
-More TII outtakes
-one night only, full rehearsals

-Captain EO on blu-ray with replicas included (Captain EO, Supreme Leader, Spaceship,...). Lots of extras included. I guess in this case Disney decides if it gets released or not.
-Ghosts on bluray, lots of old and new behind the scenes features.. Lots of extras included
-Stunning blu-rays of every tour and the best one-off perfomances, including behind the scenes
-all his shortfilms rescanned and restored from original source (like they did with Star Trek). visual effects recreated 1:1, but with higher resolution.

Last edited:
For me it would be:
-Release an album of the 2001-2009 songs which were (strongly) considered for the new album.
-Release the classical album Michael was doing, maybe also adapted as a film score.
-More TII outtakes
-one night only, full rehearsals

-Captain EO on blu-ray with replicas included (Captain EO, Supreme Leader, Spaceship,...). Lots of extras included. I guess in this case Disney decides if it gets released or not.
-Ghosts on bluray, lots of old and new behind the scenes features.. Lots of extras included
-Stunning blu-rays of every tour and the best one-off perfomances, including behind the scenes
-all his shortfilms rescanned and restored from original source (like they did with Star Trek). visual effects recreated 1:1, but with higher resolution.

Thank you so much there. I too would love to see all of this released, but put all his short films on Blu-ray with hi-def. It would be great to see all this.

They should concern in preserve Michael's legacy as live performer.
Release his Bad, Dangerous & History Tour in best quality, blu-ray if possible.

Bad 1988 concert + songs performed in 1987 as extras
Dangerous 1992 concert with Bad & The Way You Make Me Feel + dangerous (song) performed in 1993 as extra
History - i'm not sure about it, too much playback to my taste but would be nice to have an official release

This discussion never ends well for anyone who believes it is Michael singing. Its up to you what you want to believe, and youre entitled to believe it, but you arent going to change anyones opinion who knows they are not listening to Michael Jackson. Its been discussed to death.

It sounds nothing like Michael Jackson, but each to their own.

I will never forgivethe Estate for enabling this to be a genuine topic of discussion since Michaels death. Branca and McClain have done irreparable damage with these songs to themsleves, not to mention Michaels catalogue, as these songs can STILL be bought under Michael Jacksons name.

They can throw whatever project at us, and it doesn't matter how good or bad it can be, they will always be the men that authorised 3 songs to be released on a colossal posthumous album, that contained fake vocals.

We know what Michael sounds like. Its clear as day that they paid more attention to the sound of cash than the musical output of a man considered one of the greatest musical geniuses of all time.

Until we as fans, and obviously Michael's family and friends get an official apology, I consider the estate to be a shower of incompetent, selfish and destructive bastards.

Anything else they release I take with a shovel of salt. The sooner those men lose their position the better.

1. He does not list him as the vocalist in the book, as far as I remember. In the book, he carefully avoids implying who the vocalist is.
2. Read his recent post about why he initially thought it was MJ. He was told so and he went by what he was told: http://www.joevogel.net/articles/regarding-the-cascio-tracks
All three of the tracks list Michael's name for the vocals, before the actual description of them. Thanks for the link; i read it and am glad Mr. Vogel's remained objective. Personally, I can only go by what I hear...and it sounds like a slightly-different pitch but still Michael. I'm no expert on waveform analysis, but I would like Eddie Cascio to finally be upfront about the whole thing.

I wish they release an album with Michael´s classical music

Everything in this thread, BUT, being realistic

2016:
Dangerous 25 - Much like BAD25, original album, unreleased songs and demos, pretty booklet etc and like Bad25 I would LOVE for the Estate to release Dangerous25 with a Blu Ray of either the Dangerous Tour live in Oslo, Norway 1992 or the opening night in Munich 1992

You act as if they actually plan on making it. :rollin:

1. Michael's 1st album without Quincy.
2. One of the biggest selling New Jack swing albums of all time
3. One of Michael's biggest selling albums of all time (and one of the industries top selling albums in the 1990's)
4. Michael's most innovative music videos came from this album.

They damn well better be planning on an anniversary package.

1. Michael's 1st album without Quincy.
2. One of the biggest selling New Jack swing albums of all time
3. One of Michael's biggest selling albums of all time (and one of the industries top selling albums in the 1990's)
4. Michael's most innovative music videos came from this album.

They damn well better be planning on an anniversary package.
Don't count on it

Back