what do you think the 1995 special ONE NIGHT ONLY would have consisit of

They (Mike and Marcel M) were also to perform Childhood. Michael sang it first time to him when they were talking on the phone and asked to do a choreography for it.

(i have just read in the History magazine which ha an interview with Marcel M Marceau)

um who is marcel m
and childhood
omg i woulda die neva seen that live
trellmj

The Beacon is a tiny theatre... I really doubt it would've held as much as 5000 people. And yes, there were gonna be a lot of executives, but Michael didn't want to perform for 'suits' only, he said he wanted/needed the feedback of his audience being there, so the first few rows were reserved for fans. I don't believe there were any tickets up for general sale, there was an invitation list that you needed to be on and the 'fan' seats were distributed mostly through certain fanclubs and some by radio competitions and personal invite too. There were only a couple of hundred of those seats in all.

And he was definately gonna perform Childhood with Marcel Marceau... Smile was rumored, but not definate, I guess we'll never know if he would've, since Mr. Marceau is not around anymore... RIP. Slash was there for some of the rehearsals too, which caused the rumor that they'd be performing Give in to Me, but we don't know that for sure either. Could've just as well been Black or White...

The health problems that caused Michael to cancel were very serious, life threatening, he was in intensive care at the Beth Israel hospital for three days.

thank u for all the info
so childhood was a yes
im so happy for that info
thanks
trellmj

wow trellmj - now I feel a little sad! :lol:

You've answered directly to nearly everyone but me! :lol:

You like the Quote Post function I take it! :lol:

:lol: :) :lol:

He got "sick", because he didn't want to do the show at all. It was his way of backing out of the project.

The setlist was gonna be

Baby Got Back with Sir Mix Alot
U Can't Touch This with MC Hammer
Billie Jean with the moonwalk replaced with the chicken dance
*Then there was to be an interlude with Mike and Liz Taylor breakdancing*
Black Or White (With Chris Tucker on air guitar)
Smooth Criminal (But on this performace MJ uses a real machine gun and kills all of his back up dancers)

One Night Only was meant to be the first show for his upcoming tour. It was to be a more theatrical show then his previous tours. Michael intended to record two shows and air a mix of both concerts a few days later on TV. I remember watching the commercials on Scandinavian TV1000. I waited for days, and I was so excited. Then he got sick and it was cancelled. When the media started talking about heart problems, I thought that was it. MJ was done. But then came They Don`t Care About Us videos and Brit Awards Earth Song performance, and MJ was back. He then decided to come up with a new show for the upcoming History Tour. He said he was going to do the "One Night Only" show at a later date, but that never happened.

I hope maybe one day that "one night only"
might happen...would be great if it did. :)

yea thast wud be a perfect reintroduction to the world, a tv special entitled 1night only. i can only imagine

I think it's evident that Michael was taking a completely different approach to his previous performances. Would have been really interesting to see the outcome of his idea's.. It's a true shame that it never came to fruition

Maybe the concept will be re-worked for future projects that Michael as in store for us??

a pic of Billie Jean rehersal (thx to mjjpictures.com)

068.jpg

he owes us that show! yeah, that's right, 12 years later! I remeber I got myself all geared up for it, and then nothing. Man I was so devistated.

The setlist was gonna be

Baby Got Back with Sir Mix Alot
U Can't Touch This with MC Hammer
Billie Jean with the moonwalk replaced with the chicken dance
*Then there was to be an interlude with Mike and Liz Taylor breakdancing*
Black Or White (With Chris Tucker on air guitar)
Smooth Criminal (But on this performace MJ uses a real machine gun and kills all of his back up dancers)

Lol! That would been great.

Yeah I remember seein' the TV Guide Channel and looked at HBO to see if they was goin' to put it down, but they didn't. I waited to see if it was goin' to come on. Lol, Of course I changed it to HBO, something else was on instead the special concert. I was like dang it!:bugeyed

he owes us that show! yeah, that's right, 12 years later! I remeber I got myself all geared up for it, and then nothing. Man I was so devistated.

i know right he need to give the fans that show
i pray he does one day

Back