What got you into Michael’s music?

miikasillanpaa

A finnish fan since May 2022
Country
Finland
Funny thing but i don’t remember exactly what got me in to Michael’s music. I’ve known all my life that there has been an artist called Michael Jackson and i though he was kind of unique. My dad didn’t like Michael because of all the things that people say about him and every time Michael’s song was played in radio he switched to another channel. There were a few songs i knew from Mike and i kinda liked them. Then i quess i started listening to his music in spotify more and more and i did some research about his life and i found it pretty interesting. When i started listening to it, at first my dad seemed a little bit pissed about it but now he’s totally fine with it.

Nowadays Michael is more than an artist to me and i feel like i’m never gonna stop listening to his songs.

Now what about you?

What got you into Michael’s music?​

Michael's musical magic and his fabulous dancing :love:
c942be26535ea3cd55d796e3f1bb68e4.gif

I'd heard Thriller, Beat it and Billie Jean on the radio in 1982/83, saw the videos a couple of times. Also remember hearing "Eat It". But that didn't make me a fan.

I think it was seeing somebody in school dance the routine to Dirty Diana and TWYMMF that did it.

I'd heard Thriller, Beat it and Billie Jean on the radio in 1982/83, saw the videos a couple of times. Also remember hearing "Eat It". But that didn't make me a fan.

I think it was seeing somebody in school dance the routine to Dirty Diana and TWYMMF that did it.
Oh my God... You are a fan since 80s.... Incredible

Yeah, born in 1977, but I was too young when Thriller was new (plus I didn't have MTV). I wouldn't say I was a fan until Bad came out, when I was 10, and I recorded a copy on tape from a friend. Soon afterwards, I got a Jackson 5 compilation tape from a shop, that was probably my first purchase.

Then I got Moonwalker on the Megadrive, etc. I still remember a DJ saying "this is the new Michael Jackson, it's called Black or White"

What got me into Mike's music? Well, really the reason is that his music made me feel happy. Thing is, it's only his music that makes me feel happy and good about myself. I tired other artists but they never made me feel like that. I forget about life's problems when I listen to him and just have fun and just be my goofy, funny, happy self. His music puts my soul at peace and ease.

Yeah, born in 1977, but I was too young when Thriller was new (plus I didn't have MTV). I wouldn't say I was a fan until Bad came out, when I was 10, and I recorded a copy on tape from a friend. Soon afterwards, I got a Jackson 5 compilation tape from a shop, that was probably my first purchase.

Then I got Moonwalker on the Megadrive, etc. I still remember a DJ saying "this is the new Michael Jackson, it's called Black or White"
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was born in 00s, but I played Moonwalker on Megadrive too

Invincible got me deep into his music, it made me buy everything since Steeltown Records
that's why this album has a special place in my heart
In the early 90s I had Dangerous, then HIStory

Invincible got me deep into his music, it made me buy everything since Steeltown Records
that's why this album has a special place in my heart
In the early 90s I had Dangerous, then HIStory
In the early 90s? Wait, I thought you are in 20s.... just like me...
mj-shookt.gif

I was watching Roseanne on Channel 4 [& waiting for - Whose Line is It anyway - a type of drama improvisational show ] and this came on in the break, and was instantly hooked to find out more.
Try pulling yourself away from that. [I was already into TP which was huge back then, and David Linch filmography]

Then couple weeks later - 1991 nov 14th..the premier of his new video , Black or White .. was on a popular tv music show. exactly this .
I really loved his messages and encouraging continuing artistry.He was certainly different to me. He was like me. A child. I could relate.
His messages resonated. Everything was really quite perfect. The Dangerous album, well i waited , hung around and got that in December.
It sounded good to me , covered all aspects of music, so i stayed with him. he was doing everything right according to me ...in fact, there was no other artist like him and he became a strong type of emotional support almost instantly.

Great to read everyone's stories.:)

He's never once denied that it is him haven't you noticed nor does he reply to being called out on it. I find it hilarious that this racist schmuck is allowed to post here under a new name.
The constant ignoring is a pretty clear sign that it’s him, even for somebody who denies that it is his style of writing, with the excessive use of images and gifs. He’s also confirmed that he was born in the 00s and that he loves Invincible. I mean, at this point, how much more proof does one need?

My father really got me into Michael Jackson music. He was directing some kind of concert, and one of the songs his choir did was We Are The World. I was going through a really tough time then and I started listening to Michael and fell in love with not only his music but also who he was as a person and what he believed in. Now whenever I hear that song, it makes me think of my father.

I've immersed myself in Michael's music twice. The first time was when I was a teenager, I don't remember how it started. It went on for four or five years. And the second time was in 2021. For work reasons, I needed to verify information about these allegations. And my research ended up being that I really liked his personality and life story. But I didn't feel like listening to the music. Then I saw his concert in Bucharest, I was strongly recommended to see it because of the choreography. And from that moment on, I immersed myself in MJ's music again. Never before had I had so many songs by one artist in my playlist. This music doesn't get boring but can energize, give emotions and remind me of important things. Thank you Michael.

The constant ignoring is a pretty clear sign that it’s him, even for somebody who denies that it is his style of writing, with the excessive use of images and gifs. He’s also confirmed that he was born in the 00s and that he loves Invincible. I mean, at this point, how much more proof does one need?
Just put him on ignore. Mods have made it clear that nothing is going to get done about it.

Beni Michael Jackson'a çeken tek şey yalan söylememesi yeteneği ve sesidir.

Y

Yeah, why do we even care anymore. I don't even care anymore.

Tbh it's funnier this way. He was so cocky before and now he's absolutely whipped.
He's now apparently from New-York 😆 Have you seen his posts with his broken English 😂

I guess if the mods don't care then why should we? Just feels like a major kick in the teeth though that after all the struggle to actually get him suspended.

The mods dismissed racial comments before so the fact that he's allowed to simply create another account is no issue..

Edit- he's now removed the hyphen from New York on his profile 😂

I grew up in the 80's and we had a cassette copy of the Bad album. I can even remember where it sat on the shelf! My neighbour had The making of Thriller that I was allowed to watch occasionally.

The first music I ever bought was the 12" vinyl of Heal the World! I'll never forget the day I went to Woolworths to buy it! This was followed by the Dangerous album that I received for Christmas.

Then came Oprah and I sat in awe watching Michael speak.

Oddly enough, as the allegations hit, this only served to help me grow as a fan. The whole world was talking about the man that was singing on that Bad cassette tape. The rest is HIStory!

Back