What got you into Michael’s music?

I grew up in the 80's and we had a cassette copy of the Bad album. I can even remember where it sat on the shelf! My neighbour had The making of Thriller that I was allowed to watch occasionally.

The first music I ever bought was the 12" vinyl of Heal the World! I'll never forget the day I went to Woolworths to buy it! This was followed by the Dangerous album that I received for Christmas.

Then came Oprah and I sat in awe watching Michael speak.

Oddly enough, as the allegations hit, this only served to help me grow as a fan. The whole world was talking about the man that was singing on that Bad cassette tape. The rest is HIStory!
omg. you were a fan since 80s :oops:

As a child in the 1990s, I heard his music “Black Or White”, “Stranger In Moscow”, “Childhood” and South Park’s version of “Thriller” (as sung by the chef 😂). I liked what I heard but hadn’t mastered the skills to properly search Michael Jackson yet. I became a fan in 2002 at age 14 and I think there was a series of Jackson music playing on MTV or VH1, and I liked what I heard and was fascinated by MJ as a person.

Beni müziğine çeken iki şey var: Aşk şarkıları yazıyor aynı zamanda dünyaya, renklere ve her şeyi notalara döküyor en çok dikkatimi çeken şey oldu. Bir diğeride sesi elbette mükemmel,bir ses tonu var gerçekten onu sabaha kadar dinlemekten ve yıllarca dinlemekten asla bıkmam.

Last edited:
Funny thing but i don’t remember exactly what got me in to Michael’s music. I’ve known all my life that there has been an artist called Michael Jackson and i though he was kind of unique. My dad didn’t like Michael because of all the things that people say about him and every time Michael’s song was played in radio he switched to another channel. There were a few songs i knew from Mike and i kinda liked them. Then i quess i started listening to his music in spotify more and more and i did some research about his life and i found it pretty interesting. When i started listening to it, at first my dad seemed a little bit pissed about it but now he’s totally fine with it.

Nowadays Michael is more than an artist to me and i feel like i’m never gonna stop listening to his songs.

Now what about you?
my mom showed me my first mj song when i was five; it was billie jean :) i have always loved him so much, i even drew a picture of him and me when i was six. 🤣 like you said, he is much more than a singer to me. i wish i could have gotten to meet him and i am so sad that he is gone because he was an amazing person. i share many similarities with him and everyone i know thinks i am crazy for thinking about him so much, but they just dont know... i hope he is happy in heaven; i will never forget him or his music and his spirit will continue to live on forever... i love you Michael Jackson.

I was watching Roseanne on Channel 4 [& waiting for - Whose Line is It anyway - a type of drama improvisational show ] and this came on in the break, and was instantly hooked to find out more.
Try pulling yourself away from that. [I was already into TP which was huge back then, and David Linch filmography]

Then couple weeks later - 1991 nov 14th..the premier of his new video , Black or White .. was on a popular tv music show. exactly this .
I really loved his messages and encouraging continuing artistry.He was certainly different to me. He was like me. A child. I could relate.
His messages resonated. Everything was really quite perfect. The Dangerous album, well i waited , hung around and got that in December.
It sounded good to me , covered all aspects of music, so i stayed with him. he was doing everything right according to me ...in fact, there was no other artist like him and he became a strong type of emotional support almost instantly.

Great to read everyone's stories.:)
i agree. he is kind of like my comfort person..

Back