What happened to Michael in the late nineties -2003?

Yes can we move on with the ''balcony talk'' its getting old

Themidwestcowboy;4318518 said:
Remember that MJ apologized for that later. He was not perfect, nobody is.
Just because he apologised, it doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get criticised for dangling his baby over a balcony. And drug abuse isn’t a valid excuse for such irresponsible behaviour.

Just because he apologised, it doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get criticised for dangling his baby over a balcony. And drug abuse isn’t a valid excuse for such irresponsible behaviour.
It was 20 years ago though. Imagine harping on a mistake that you might have made 20 years ago. People make misstakes. He got criticized for it, rightfully so, he owned up to it eventually and apologized. End of story, let’s move on.

I want to make something clear: disciplinary action and post removal is not based on how "annoying" someone or their posts are perceived to be. It is based on violation of board policy, which also includes ignoring warnings from staff. So if you are irritated by someone, either state your own case respectfully or ignore them. Report violations if they occur and they will be dealt with, don't try to backseat moderate. Now stop the bickering and get back on topic please. Any further issues can be addressed through PM.
Aside from this ugly blue font that hurts my eyes real hard:

Posting articles without citing sources; please include a source link in your post when posting news articles or information on the board; neglecting to do so can result in your post being deleted. Do not link to stories that are on other Michael Jackson message boards. Please find the original source for the story. Do not post links in a discussion thread without a description.

That is a literal rule of this forum. Maybe you as a mod should know your own rules before you chastise others?

- why still did his life turn so problematic?

Some of you were probably keen watchers back then - what did you think?
People turned problematic so not so much him, I think. He probably had enough of the lies and the pain ....even harder to trust mfs.. Then basheer was the hugest mf ever 🤬 Things turned ugly from 1993...Concept of music was changing .... i mean...

I always hated the term "dangled" in this context. Its not like he was holding BG by his arms and swinging him around. Should he have held him over the balcony? No, but I dont like the way it was portrayed either.
What I also don't get were those reactions at the time that "CPS should've been called". Like... Plenty of parents do things worse than this, where children actually get hurt, and yet CPS never gets called because 1) it might tear the family apart, which isn't always a good thing, and 2) perhaps more importantly, the situation might not actually improve for the kids at all. Heck, according to these people, following their logic, they would've apparently called CPS on my own dad (which I'm glad never happened). "It's only because he's famous" my butt (the common excuse, as usual). For the record, I am not anti-CPS at all, just saying it's not the ideal solution in every situation.

While I agree it wasn't the safest thing to do, and I'd never do it myself, I definitely think the whole thing was over-exaggerated. Heck, people even bring it up now still, when it was only for a few seconds, over 20 years ago, and nobody got hurt.

Back