What is everyone's opinions on fan fiction of MJ? More precisely,on Wattpad.

webeillin

Corky from Bound 1996.
Country
Belgium
I feel like the fan fictions are somewhat cringe to say the least.

I mean,for Bad era,you always get the "oh em gee! he is such a BAD boy!" personality,History era almost ALwAYS revolves around "mikezilla" and OTW is just an"innocent sweet angel".

Does it annoy you? If so,why specifically?

I once got into a fan fic on wattpad because the beginning chapters were engaging but when I got further into the story, Michael became like stereotypical handsome gentleman and the story got very unrealistic but other than that I have not found many other fan stories

I once got into a fan fic on wattpad because the beginning chapters were engaging but when I got further into the story, Michael became like stereotypical handsome gentleman and the story got very unrealistic but other than that I have not found many other fan stories
Yeah it's so damn difficult to find good stories of MJ and when you do,you cherish it forever.

Because god forbid that there is any good spelling,and realistic stories about him! :rolleyes:

I haven’t seen much of stories with Michael involve, except the one called “Who‘s Loud” which is a Loud House story that I loved at FanFiction.net. I never looked much into WattPad.

I feel like the fan fictions are somewhat cringe to say the least.

I mean,for Bad era,you always get the "oh em gee! he is such a BAD boy!" personality,History era almost ALwAYS revolves around "mikezilla" and OTW is just an"innocent sweet angel".

Does it annoy you? If so,why specifically?
Overall, I love fanfiction. But Michael fanfiction? I remember trying to find some in the past, but they were super boring. In the last years I tried to find fics again, but I couldn't find anything interesting for me (I didn't look in any fan forums or websites, maybe they are all there)

Last year I finally looked at Wattpad fics, because it seems like everyone publishes there now. But it reminds me of the days when I was younger and read really "low quality" fics. Michael is always so out of character. He is too evil or too sweet. Also, they seem to be all PWP, even when I think the story description could be about other things. :ROFLMAO:

More realistic stories would be really nice, but stuff like an AU Mafia MJ fic also makes sense and sounds like fun. :ROFLMAO:

But overall I'm super picky with my fanfiction now, so with real-person Michael fanfiction it's only worse I guess 🤭

Yeah it's so damn difficult to find good stories of MJ and when you do,you cherish it forever.

Because god forbid that there is any good spelling,and realistic stories about him! :rolleyes:

Most writers are young, that is why fanfiction will always have a bad reputation. 🤭 But yeah, I'm used to big fandoms where you can find really good fics, so I'm still hopeful

I think the only fic I ever started reading and finished was on Wattpad, and it was with a sweet innocent Angel OTW Michael.

I love MJ Fan Fiction. However, I might be biased because I'm a writer. I joined Wattpad a few years ago out of the blue. I used to write fanfics back in the day when fans posted their stories on MJ Forums, and there were a few independent MJ fanfic sites run by sole authors that I loved. But back to Wattpad, I've found lots of great stories on there. I think it's all about reading the story's description and reading something that interests you. All writers are different and write different stories. Therefore every story isn't going to be someone's cup of tea. And that doesn't make a story bad or cringe; it's just not for individuals who might not be into particular storylines. But I think that's the beauty of fanfics and books in general—there is something for everyone! :)

Overall, I love fanfiction. But Michael fanfiction? I remember trying to find some in the past, but they were super boring. In the last years I tried to find fics again, but I couldn't find anything interesting for me (I didn't look in any fan forums or websites, maybe they are all there)

Last year I finally looked at Wattpad fics, because it seems like everyone publishes there now. But it reminds me of the days when I was younger and read really "low quality" fics. Michael is always so out of character. He is too evil or too sweet. Also, they seem to be all PWP, even when I think the story description could be about other things. :ROFLMAO:

More realistic stories would be really nice, but stuff like an AU Mafia MJ fic also makes sense and sounds like fun. :ROFLMAO:

But overall I'm super picky with my fanfiction now, so with real-person Michael fanfiction it's only worse I guess 🤭

Most writers are young, that is why fanfiction will always have a bad reputation. 🤭 But yeah, I'm used to big fandoms where you can find really good fics, so I'm still hopeful

I think the only fic I ever started reading and finished was on Wattpad, and it was with a sweet innocent Angel OTW Michael.
Some of us older writers are still in the game! lol. And I've read some amazing stories by younger authors too! However, I do wish that MJ Fanfic had a better reputation. Writers work very hard on their stories and there are people who really appreciate them. I think MJ Fanfic also helps to keep Michael's spirit alive in the hearts of those who get lost in them. Like Michael's art, fanfics provide escapism! :)

Some of us older writers are still in the game! lol. And I've read some amazing stories by younger authors too! However, I do wish that MJ Fanfic had a better reputation. Writers work very hard on their stories and there are people who really appreciate them. I think MJ Fanfic also helps to keep Michael's spirit alive in the hearts of those who get lost in them. Like Michael's art, fanfics provide escapism! :)
You want to share something that we can read?

I liked grit , not actual romance . I liked a deep twisted story line . something to read. Like to get your teeth into. I do not like sweet lines on any story. My writing for M though, meh - hard to write him, I would tend to write a dark, narcissistic lunatic , although haven't done it for years it was horror Rob Zombish and fantasia based, i had personal struggles. usually dark subjects . corny i guess, it was never nice. it was 2004/ 05 too see. .i tried to pretty it up few years later b because the story sort of went everywhere with me (writers will get this ) but nah , My Michaels mindset was absolutely crappy, and i placed him /them in sweet agony , but you write what you are feeling , that writing just simply reflects you at the time , your pain. but i have read a few good ones who do reflect him really , really ,well really realistically and who can make him just come out of the page- no fantasia , - no B movie - but that's when i get jealous.

Last edited:
You want to share something that we can read?
Sorry, had to edit this because I answered incorrectly! Lol. However, I do have stories I enjoyed, but I honestly think it's always better for people to seek out stories on their own. What I like might not be another's cup of tea. Even my stories have ended up on people's favorite lists but were not "for" the said person who decided to read a book from that list! 😂

Last edited:
Back