Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now he sings one verse, is the song complete or not lol
U can ask in Twitter
I was once told it was recorded in 2007. Michael Prince also alluded to that in an interview (which I don’t have on hand). Then again, it could’ve been recorded in the 1980s or 1990s. None of us know.

Point is, this isn’t the place unless it’s confirmed.
Ok thank u

What I learned in my months here is that it literally is guesswork. Nobody has a clue about the existence of songs and the state they are in. One source says this only for another source to deny it. I blame all of it on MJ. I mean I saw pictures of his room, he was not tidy. I think the recordings are all over the place. The estate should hire someone to clean up the mess, me for example.

It’s not all about you. There are still Beatles outtakes that haven’t been released.
There's ONE, "Carnival of Light", which is an avant-garde sound collage. I don't mind dying before I get to listen to that... Buffalo Bill, Men in Black or Chicago 1945, on the other hand...

There's ONE, "Carnival of Light", which is an avant-garde sound collage. I don't mind dying before I get to listen to that... Buffalo Bill, Men in Black or Chicago 1945, on the other hand...
Point stands. It’s not all about one person.
What I learned in my months here is that it literally is guesswork. Nobody has a clue about the existence of songs and the state they are in. One source says this only for another source to deny it. I blame all of it on MJ. I mean I saw pictures of his room, he was not tidy. I think the recordings are all over the place. The estate should hire someone to clean up the mess, me for example.
Precisely this. Obviously the estate should have everything organized after a decade, but the state of things when MJ died were borderline horrific. He was incredibly reckless with his music.

I was thinking about that these days. What if there's a song out there that could be as grandiose as Billie Jean but will never be heard because it's lost somewhere in a shoe box. 🤔

from Damien:

Food for thought...

Jermaine Jackson's Dynamite album (released April 1984) was recorded 1983-1984 in multiple studios, including Yamaha Recording Studios in Glendale CA. Bill Bottrell mixed the Dynamite album, and Keith Seppanen is a credited recording engineer on it.
Keith Seppanen was chief recording engineer at Yamaha from 1981-1986 and is credited on "Sunset Driver" in TUC booklet, next to Bottrell's mixing credit.

This info had to have originated from a track sheet. We need to see that track sheet, to learn when the work was done.

from Damien:

Food for thought...

Jermaine Jackson's Dynamite album (released April 1984) was recorded 1983-1984 in multiple studios, including Yamaha Recording Studios in Glendale CA. Bill Bottrell mixed the Dynamite album, and Keith Seppanen is a credited recording engineer on it.
Keith Seppanen was chief recording engineer at Yamaha from 1981-1986 and is credited on "Sunset Driver" in TUC booklet, next to Bottrell's mixing credit.

This info had to have originated from a track sheet. We need to see that track sheet, to learn when the work was done.
Didn't @AlwaysThere Post something like this a few weeks back? It's a good point to be fair

I really think they need to be more proactive generally when it comes to acquiring MJ's assets. Stuff sitting on hard drives that they haven't bothered to look at is very concerning tbh.

Welp Sunset Driver is Track 17 on Thriller 40. I guess the whole youtube copyrights leak is true. Also I think Got The Hots track number was accurate too.
Track 13 most likely will be Carousel full version.
Track 15 most likely will be CGOTR.
Let's just hope we get at least 2 more unreleased tracks.

Welp Sunset Driver is Track 17 on Thriller 40. I guess the whole youtube copyrights leak is true. Also I think Got The Hots track number was accurate too.
i have a feeling it will be niteline and either starlight/slapstick, reason why slapstick instead of hot street is cause they are prob saving that for a proper album, so putting the demo in the anniversary album would be smart.

i have a feeling it will be niteline and either starlight/slapstick, reason why slapstick instead of hot street is cause they are prob saving that for a proper album, so putting the demo in the anniversary album would be smart.
I feel like it'll be Starlight and maybe I Never Heard (would make sense tbh)

Exactly! It seems that at position 13 & 15 we can expect two more downers..
But we can hope for 2 more (at least officially) unreleased tracks. Let it be "Nightline" & "Hot Street".

What diminishes the chances of "Hot Street" is the fact that there'd be another song with the word "hot" in the title being right next to it (Got The Hots). Apparently that was one of the reasons they renamed "She Was Loving Me" on Xscape, cause otherwise it there would have been 3 tracks with love in the title to start the album.

"Starlight (s. c. mediocre Thriller)" doesn't fit on there. I'd bet that it won't end up on this release.

Reactions: MJ5
So we should just buy something to make the Estate happy and make them more money? That makes zero sense. What have they done for us the last 10 years? Nothing. We did the job defending MJ over LN they did shit. I will buy the unheard tracks only. The leaked songs are not that good and I’m not paying for them. Starlight in particular is only worth giving a second listen. Hopefully they read this forum and add some more unheard demos. We always make excuses for the estate holding tracks back. If they want to make money release something worth buying. I mean they should be releasing Thriller in HD next week and gearing up for Halloween. If they don’t they are fools.
Exactly. Ytf would you wait til after Halloween to start doing that. What I can't understand is why there is no marketing other than releasing new track names every week. It is the most laziest bs tactic thus far other than chalk. No promo, teaser... nothing! I waited on Janet's documentary for like a year... just for a doc I've only watched one time let alone wait for tracks I've had for almost 20years. Then for the estate to release sunset driver as a thriller track & lie about it is just mind blowing. Idk if they are just old but someone needs to take over the estate badly...

Last edited:
Exactly! It seems that at position 13 & 15 we can expect two more downers..
But we can hope for 2 more (at least officially) unreleased tracks. Let it be "Nightline" & "Hot Street".

What diminishes the chances of "Hot Street" is the fact that there'd be another song with the word "hot" in the title being right next to it (Got The Hots). Apparently that was one of the reasons they renamed "She Was Loving Me" on Xscape, cause otherwise it there would have been 3 tracks with love in the title to start the album.

"Starlight (s. c. mediocre Thriller)" doesn't fit on there. I'd bet that it won't end up on this release.
definetely Niteline and Slapstick i'd say then.

the state of things when MJ died were borderline horrific. He was incredibly reckless with his music.

New user here 👋
With respect, I don't think we should judge Michael by what the state of his room or affairs were when he died, with what went on including murky industrial pressure, overwhelming work and even packing to move to the UK in a week or so. Dr. Cherilyn Lee testified that the room was not untidy when she was there a few months prior.

Also, I suspect that whatever song parts worked on then and throughout his life exist in one form or another, as he long tended to privately record ideas on portable devices and such.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Thriller 40. The world really needs these cultural events that can bring the world together and remind us all what really matters!

now it might just be me looking into it too much, but if the leaks are real, this is the setlist of thriller 40 so far.

the fact it seems to alternate between leaked and new every second song is interesting, maybe they are planning on two new demos?

FfDWrJPVsAAa_HG

now it might just be me looking into it too much, but if the leaks are real, this is the setlist of thriller 40 so far.

the fact it seems to alternate between leaked and new every second song is interesting, maybe they are planning on two new demos?

FfDWrJPVsAAa_HG
I'm very angry why they release can't get outta the rain

I'm very angry why they release can't get outta the rain
Perhaps they have to release it due to lack of alternatives.

If Q produced stuff can't be released we might get some shitty and phony tracks. (that's worst case scenario oc)

Perhaps they have to release it due to lack of alternatives.

If Q produced stuff can't be released we might get some shitty and phony tracks. (that's worst case scenario oc)
isnt game/rain specifically a quincy track, considering he did the music for the wiz?

It looks like we won't be getting Hot Street on disc 2 which is very disappointing.

I feel that there are saving Hot Street for the next posthumous album. I can see HS getting the Love Never Felt So Good treatment.

Hot Street could be single material on the next posthumous album, if done right.
The estate will probably go for a Thriller-MJ single, because that's what 'the masses' like the most ...(retro, just like LNFSG).

Hot Street is much stronger than LNFSG.

whatever. i just hope for unreleased stuff...

FfDWrJPVsAAa_HG
I guess "Hot Street" and "Nite Line", and I agree "Starlight" is not suitable for this CD
but I think CGOTR is not a demo:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back