Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Behind The Mask demo is easy to fake, get the vocals of MJ's version and the instrumental of Greg Phillinganes's and you basically have Mike's demo lol.

I have a small hope for Starlight I must admit. - I would like to have it in good quality.

Another thursday, another song. I'm ready, lets get this over with. Just end our pain and announce friggin CGOOTR!
I am not sure if the pain ends there though. :D

I really wonder why they would add this song, if there are even other previously released rare tracks to include.

As there are 4 spots left, I think we can expect maybe 2 more hits & 2 more misses.
If you look at the 40 coming together, it misses a really long song title for the horizontal line. „CGOTR“ would check that box, plus the YouTube listings also suggests it will be included. Those YT listings also suggest „Carousel“.

According to that we can expect two more „misses“ & hopefully two more „hits/surprises“.

Question is in which order they will announce them.

Probably they’ll go for another downer this week. A hit next week. Another downer in 2 weeks. And finish on a high note with the last song.

Somethin‘ like that:

20/10 CGOTR
27/10 Niteline
03/11 Carousel
10/11 Hot Street

Reactions: MJ5
CGOTR is a song from the Wiz as I recall? It isn't a Thriller song, then again it was a B-Side song on the Thriller 45RPM single. But please, leave that song where it is, and focus on other songs. Starlight, Niteline, Carousel, Hot Street would be better. I would prefer at least one more unheard/unknown song. That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! ! ! !

CGOTR is a song from the Wiz as I recall? It isn't a Thriller song, then again it was a B-Side song on the Thriller 45RPM single. But please, leave that song where it is, and focus on other songs. Starlight, Niteline, Carousel, Hot Street would be better. I would prefer at least one more unheard/unknown song. That would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! ! ! !
It definitely would!

However, there is this "youtube upload theory" that has been predicting song after song correctly. If this theory is still correct, we will be getting CGOTR for sure on Disc 2.. I hope for HS and NL in any case. Maybe someone from these predictors can confirm if the theory is still plausible?

Okay so this is just me dreaming… what if the remaining tracks are

Can’t get outta the rain
Carousel
Night line
And hot street

Here’s the dream part
Thriller is re issued as a single for Halloween
Along with Starlight as a b side
And 4K video to Promote it

That way we still get starlight

Guess I’ll always be a dreamer, dreaming my life away dreaming my life away

Cgotr not even song (1978 version) maybe reworked version for thriller can be diferent?

It definitely would!

However, there is this "youtube upload theory" that has been predicting song after song correctly. If this theory is still correct, we will be getting CGOTR for sure on Disc 2.. I hope for HS and NL in any case. Maybe someone from these predictors can confirm if the theory is still plausible?
I hate that Theory haha. But there are soooo many other songs to release that would fit T40 better. First of all, it's better for the fans, and maybe a hidden gem can make it to the Radio.

Speaking from point of view of someone who became a fan much later, I had not even heard of CGOTR until the whole Thriller 40 chatter on this forum started. My guess is a large fraction of fans / casual fans would not have heard of this song either. So it does not sound that ridiculous to release it. Of course for hardcore fans here its not a rarity at all, but that's a very tiny fraction of Estate's target group IMO.

One thing is it is not a rarity, another is it's a bad song. A third thing is it's not at all a Thriller song...

I do not think CGOTR will be on disc 2.

Speaking from point of view of someone who became a fan much later, I had not even heard of CGOTR until the whole Thriller 40 chatter on this forum started. My guess is a large fraction of fans / casual fans would not have heard of this song either. So it does not sound that ridiculous to release it. Of course for hardcore fans here its not a rarity at all, but that's a very tiny fraction of Estate's target group IMO.
That's a fair view point mate, I get it completely.

Although this track a week thing is aimed at us fans, not the public. The Estate can't be surprised if fans aren't excited about hearing CGOTR, which was released in 1983 on the Billie Jean single and I'm pretty sure it's from 1978

Let's be honest, this frustration might all be for nothing because CGOTR might not even be on it. In hindsight I do wish they would have just announced the entire tracklist

It has been great to be on here discussing something new though.

The first track on the bonus disc has to be a Temperton song. Why else would the blurb to GTH start with "This is another song written by Rod ..."?

That's a fair view point mate, I get it completely.
:ROFLMAO: I have never been address as 'mate' before :ROFLMAO:

Although this track a week thing is aimed at us fans, not the public. The Estate can't be surprised if fans aren't excited about hearing CGOTR, which was released in 1983 on the Billie Jean single and I'm pretty sure it's from 1978
Right about that! I don't see casual fans tripping on their shoelaces for track-of-the-week announcement. But I am glad they did it. It has created some good drama around the release.

I might even be glad if they release CGOTR as I have never heard the song (not going to search for it now) and it sounds like a fun song, especially if its from OTW era. (ducks down and hides under a table now)

The first track on the bonus disc has to be a Temperton song. Why else would the blurb to GTH start with "This is another song written by Rod ..."?
Good spot!

Right about that! I don't see casual fans tripping on their shoelaces for track-of-the-week announcement. But I am glad they did it. It has created some good drama around the release.

I might even be glad if they release CGOTR as I have never heard the song (not going to search for it now) and it sounds like a fun song, especially if its from OTW era. (ducks down and hides under a table now)
I apologise we call everyone mate where I'm from 😅

Fair enough, it is a fun song if nothing else

It is good as an extended version of “you can’t win”. The way it was released on the ultimate collection. But it is neither part of off the wall nor thriller.
The way it will be released on T40 is pointless, as it are just extended ad libs to the song “you can’t win”. But the joy danceability and musicality of the track itself is great no doubt.

If you've heard "you can't win", you've heard CGOOTR.

I'd say best case scenario is 2 more leaked/limited limitedly released tracks, and 2 unreleased songs. I'd say something like

Niteline
Starlight
Chicago 1945
Rolling the dice

I must say im not at all excited about this upcoming release as we have heard all the tracks before….or maybe just 1 or 2 ….out of 10?…is new to the hardcore fans 😩
Or am I way to negative perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back