What video games did Michael Jackson like?

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
He had a huge arcade of them so evidently he was a avid gamer, but i was always curious as to which ones he actually enjoyed playing

“ I love X-Man. Pinball. Jurassic Park. The martial arts ones (Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter) , Mortal Kombat.'' He was interviewed in the 90s and answered this question. Among these there’s also Sonic which was his favourite & Altered Beast which he said was really good

I wonder if he played Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. And 06.
06 is one of the worst 3d sonics

06 is one of the worst 3d sonics
And?

“ I love X-Man. Pinball. Jurassic Park. The martial arts ones (Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter) , Mortal Kombat.'' He was interviewed in the 90s and answered this question. Among these there’s also Sonic which was his favourite & Altered Beast which he said was really good

That's quite interesting. Never heard him talking about that franchise.

What interview is this from? thanks

The whole of the Black or White video basically referenced Street Fighter II, which had been released a few months before.

I had heard he was a fan of wwe/wwf
This is news to me. Curious if he ever tried to go to a show or meet any of the wrestlers. Stone Cold Steve Austin said on his podcast that he wanted to meet Michael but was never able to. Would have been pretty cool if they did meet.
This quote makes me so happy. :love: Would have loved to talk video games with him... wonder if he ever tried any of the Zelda, Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls games?

He liked racing games. In Living With Michael Jackson, in his Las Vegas apartment, he was playing on a skateboard racing game on a arcade machine. I don't know the exact names of the racing games, but it seems he liked racing video games in general.

He liked racing games. In Living With Michael Jackson, in his Las Vegas apartment, he was playing on a skateboard racing game on a arcade machine. I don't know the exact names of the racing games, but it seems he liked racing video games in general.
Frenzy Express

Last edited:
he has been pictured playing:
- tekken 1 (arcade)
- classic sonic (sega genesis)
- galaxy force 2 (arcade)
- pinball (arcade)
- donkey kong (arcade)
- frenzy express (arcade)
- super Mario bros (famicom)

he also attended the first ever E3 event and once visited the Atari HQ.

66041_l.jpg

It's a shame MJ was never a secret character in NBA Jam, which had Bill Clinton and others.

Come to think of it, I think I created MJ in NBA Live and 2K back in about 2003, lol.

There was a video posted on here over Christmas that showed MJ and some kids playing inside the arcade... Jurassic Park was one of the games you can see.

Michael owned an Atari 7800 & SEGA Genesis back in the late 80s/early 90s, said Genesis was hooked up in the studio during the Sonic 3 sessions in the Summer of '93.

He also had a Playstation sent to him by Sony during the HIStory sessions, months before its American launch, and they were playing that in the studio a lot.

Back