What was Michael's opinion on Farewell My Summer Love

Whether he liked it or not, I love it. Genuinely one of my favourite MJ songs and it’s a shame it’s not well known at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even aware of it. He couldn't remember recording "with a child's heart" for example. I think they had him and the brothers record so much in such a short space it was hard to keep them straight.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even aware of it. He couldn't remember recording "with a child's heart" for example. I think they had him and the brothers record so much in such a short space it was hard to keep them straight.
He signed a couple copies of it so it's very possible he was aware

He signed a couple copies of it so it's very possible he was aware

So, I remembered that the actual quote was "I don't even like SOME" of those songs, so I did a google search, and look what I found:

In a MJ book by Kit O'toole under the title "Farewell my Summer love"

MJ told author J. Randy Taraborrelli "Its not fair. I had no control over that music. I don't even like SOME of those songs. "

It wouldn’t surprise me if he never knew how big a hit it was in some countries in Europe, same with one day in your life.
He completely neglected these songs on tour in the 80s so he either didn’t know they were hits or he didn’t care.
I sometimes wish MJ's tours weren't so rigid. It would have been great if every night had a slightly different setlist. Imagine if, when he played in London, he sang the songs that were a UK #1, same in France or Japan or Australia...

I know Michael wasn't a fan of remixes, plus he was not involved with its release, so I doubt he cared much for this compilation. (I do personally enjoy it.)
FMSL is just like Xscape, really. Strange that people clamour for new releases when there are already about 5 albums that they've never heard...

I sometimes wish MJ's tours weren't so rigid. It would have been great if every night had a slightly different setlist. Imagine if, when he played in London, he sang the songs that were a UK #1, same in France or Japan or Australia...

FMSL is just like Xscape, really. Strange that people clamour for new releases when there are already about 5 albums that they've never heard...
I just heard Soulsation today actually. It's a great little record.

So, I remembered that the actual quote was "I don't even like SOME" of those songs, so I did a google search, and look what I found:
Idk if and under what conditions MJ said this but we shouldn't forget that all songs on FMSL (as released in 1984) have been overdubbed with additional instruments for release.

In a MJ book by Kit O'toole under the title "Farewell my Summer love"

MJ told author J. Randy Taraborrelli "Its not fair. I had no control over that music. I don't even like SOME of those songs. "
He better should have liked the title track and Call On Me, underrated gems fr

Back