What will we get for thriller 50?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
This is basically the only sure fire certain thing that we can expect from the Estate. So what will be on it, lets speculate!

the lady in my life ( extended version)
carrousel ( full version)
PYT ( alternate version)
the girl is mine (solo)
maybe a beat it and thriller demo version

oh and hopefully it will come with a victory tour dvd 😎

hopefully no more remixes though

I want a boxset for Thriller 40 or Thriller 50.

Disc 1: The original album remastered

Disc 2: Demos or alternate takes of the original songs

Disc 3: Any unreleased songs from Thriller era. Or songs that were released on a posthumous album that is from the Thriller era.

Disc 4: A live Victory Tour album.

Will we get the above? Unlikely. Most likely we get more crappy remixes featuring some crappy rapper like Pitbull.

On the one hand, I don’t want anything. I’m exhausted of Thriller and don’t want to be forced to buy it for the umpteenth time just to get a few new songs. But on the other hand, I understand the cultural importance of the album, and know that it’ll forever be the easiest attention-grabber and money-maker of MJ’s career.

Give me unreleased songs (preferably an even ratio of leaked-to-unleaked) and packaging that’s as incredible as Bad 25’s was, and I’m happy. A documentary would be cool, so long as they keep Spike Lee away from it, but I’m not really pining for one.

the lady in my life ( extended version)
carrousel ( full version)
PYT ( alternate version)
the girl is mine (solo)
maybe a beat it and thriller demo version
Pretty sure most of those have been released already

Carousel full version just includes a drum intro, not really a lot to be excited about

Hopefully The Making Of Thriller on Blu Ray/DVD. That was a massive missed opportunity for the Thriller 25 release.

It would be nice to hear something new commemorate the 40th anniversary but I would have rather they do something to commemorate Dangerous last year.

Only celebrating Thriller makes it look like Michael's only success was Thriller

An even louder and more compressed version of the album. More remakes with tributes-to-Joe-Strummer-&-the-Mescaleros-introductions. A piece of zombies rotten flesh, and a piece of chalk to write on a tombstone (tombstone not included). More ballads from the Dangerous era. (Ok I would like that last one actually.)

Pretty sure most of those have been released already

Carousel full version just includes a drum intro, not really a lot to be excited about
Don't you mean leaked instead of released? None of these were on thriller 25 or anything else as far as I know.
Carrousel is about 1,5 minutes long on thriller 25, the full version is on YouTube and it superb

Don't you mean leaked instead of released? None of these were on thriller 25 or anything else as far as I know.
Carrousel is about 1,5 minutes long on thriller 25, the full version is on YouTube and it superb
The “full” version of “Carousel” was released on The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection in 2013. The hi-hat intro is removed and the instrumental bridge is cut in half, but it’s the full song. The complete, unadjusted version was leaked years earlier, but a high quality version was officially released!

The “full” version of “Carousel” was released on The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection in 2013. The hi-hat intro is removed and the instrumental bridge is cut in half, but it’s the full song. The complete, unadjusted version was leaked years earlier, but a high quality version was officially released!
Wait, the bridge is cut in half?

Lady in my life extended was released on a 2 disc Rod Temperton compilation
PYT was released on the ultimate collection
Girl is mine was released on the 2008 single
Beat it demo was released on this is it

Oh boy, things look bleak then for thriller 50 😝
thanks for the heads up guys!

Oh boy, things look bleak then for thriller 50 😝
thanks for the heads up guys!
Well, they still have some previously unreleased songs that haven't made it onto the final cut of T25.

l7xuALP.png

Well, they still have some previously unreleased songs that haven't made it onto the final cut of T25.

l7xuALP.png
Why do I have the feeling this is a fan made cover.

Also, I'd rather avoid leaked songs being released, I'd rather hear material I've never heard before.

Lady in my life extended was released on a 2 disc Rod Temperton compilation
Although that's true, the copy of the extended The Lady In My Life present in the Rod Temperton comp comes from a cassette that wasn't stored properly, i'm sure the Estate has the master tape for the original song so it would be nice to hear a proper transfer of this song.

Wait, the bridge is cut in half?
Yeah, there's 2 full versions of Carousel, the one with the hi-hat intro, which is the full unedited song, and the one released in the King Of Pop Comps, which was the same but the hi-hat intro was removed, and the bridge was shorter.

Also, I'd rather avoid leaked songs being released, I'd rather hear material I've never heard before.

I'd like to see them release all the leaked stuff though... So it would feel legit... Something like Bob Dylan's "Bootleg series"... (My only fear about it is that they would remaster/remix them.) then release other stuff ... But I would prefer albums/compilations, and even possibly singles than anniversary albums.

They could finally release the remastered version of thriller for starters. New doc, HD Victory tour (highly doubt this tour will ever be released sadly), demos.
However, Dangerous/History deserve docs/anniversary releases first imo.

what about the anniversary of the film? 'the making of 'thriller' has yet to be officially released to streaming or dvd/blu ray. the only point of reference are the vhs cassettes from '83, that are now out of print. the picture quality is poor, and it needs an upgrade. it originally made history as being the biggest selling music video cassette. it deserves recognition.

I'd like the full version of "The Lady in My Life" to be released in good quality.

All of the leaked demos ("Hot Street", "Slapstick", "Starlight", "Nite Line", etc) should be officially released in good quality as well. "Carousel" should also be included; the full version was on a certain edition of the King of Pop collection released for MJ's 50th birthday, but I feel it should get more exposure on a more mainstream collection.

A high quality recording of a Victory Tour concert would be nice as well. Preferably the final performance where MJ announced he'd never tour with his brothers again.

4 disc package
I want a full blown second disc with all the great outtakes. Trouble, nite line, hot street, got the hots, carousel, behind the mask. That's 6 extra tracks and I am sure there are another 2 or 3 in the vaults from these sessions that are fully finished to make a complete second disc. I also want to have the full extended tracks of the first disc namely the lady in my life and billie jean and possibly other songs that we don't know of yet

disc 1 the original album 9 songs
disc 2 outtakes 9 songs
disc 3 extended versions 9 songs
disc 4 demos of all the tracks

Back