What's a song you used to Love a lot...

The Michael album made me a hardcore MJ fans tbh. It'll always have a soft place in my heart even with it's faults. Certain songs I liked less then, I like more now, and maybe vice versa, but all of it I pretty much enjoy now. Even the apocrypha tracks, I still had a guilty pleasure of.

This album, and Off The Wall both, dominate my MJ experience.

I still haven't listened to the Michael album in full. But I have to say I LOVE "Much Too Soon" and "(I Like) The Way You Love Me" so much. I think both are amazing. Perhaps because I heard "The Toy" and "Behind the Mask" on Thriller 40 first, I prefer those versions.
If I had to rank my Michael tracks preferences Now vs Then (I don't, but I will):

Hold My Hand: 7/10 vs what used to be 4/10 (Didn't get ballads)

Hollywood Tonight: 8/10 vs 8.5/10 (I enjoy every version, but some are better than others)

(I Like) The Way You Love Me: 9/10 vs 8/10 (Always my preferred renditions, probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

Best of Joy: 8/10 vs 6/10 (I fell in love with this one hard last year. The Toy gave me a new lease on it as well)

(I can't make it) Another Day: 7/10 vs 7/10 (A song I've always liked, and still like the same amount. Not my most played at any point.

Behind The Mask: 9/10 vs 8/10 (My favorite 80s MJ tune by a landslide. I played this song out back in the day. Yet I mostly prefer the T40 version now, and am hoping for another version to take the place as status quo.)

Much Too Soon: 8/10 vs 6/10 (Kind of an outlier, I never liked it being on here and still kinda don't, but it does sound beautiful. The earlier takes are mostly better still but it's a beautiful demo.)

(I Like) The Way You Love Me: 9/10 vs 8/10 (Always my preferred renditions, probably one of my favorite songs of all time.
Is there another version???

Best of Joy: 8/10 vs 6/10 (I fell in love with this one hard last year. The Toy gave me a new lease on it as well)
I still haven't listened to Best of Joy more than once. I just love The Toy soooo much. I feel like I'm being catapulted into heaven when I hear it!

Behind The Mask: 9/10 vs 8/10 (My favorite 80s MJ tune by a landslide. I played this song out back in the day. Yet I mostly prefer the T40 version now, and am hoping for another version to take the place as status quo.)
I'm so obsessed with the T40 version. I probably listened to it like 30 times just this weekend. His vocals are so f***ing 🔥 I want to freak out lol

I still haven't listened to the Michael album in full. But I have to say I LOVE "Much Too Soon" and "(I Like) The Way You Love Me" so much. I think both are amazing. Perhaps because I heard "The Toy" and "Behind the Mask" on Thriller 40 first, I prefer those versions.
My personal favorite I think would be (I Can't Live) Another Day because rock star Mike LOL I'm an easy woman. But honestly, anything that's not the Cascio tracks is really good. At least in my opinion!

That's crazy because I have The Ultimate Collection but I got so distracted by Cheater and Monkey Business I just realized I never moved on from them... thank you for clarifying! I'm listening to it now via YouTube and it's beautiful 😍
I'm glad you enjoy it, The Way You Love Me's Original Version is probably my favorite MJ track ever.
It just gives me serotonin lol :giggle:

That's crazy because I have The Ultimate Collection but I got so distracted by Cheater and Monkey Business I just realized I never moved on from them... thank you for clarifying! I'm listening to it now via YouTube and it's beautiful 😍
Yes, there is that version as well. Glad you liked it!

Yes, there is that version as well. Glad you liked it!
Honestly? I have yet to hear a song by Michael I don't like. There are songs I don't immediately fall apart for. But even songs like that, after a few listens I'm pretty much crazy about too. I think it's just his voice. I'm a true addict!

I might listen to Girlfriend now tbh

Which is still barely. But not as bare as She's out of my life.
She's Out of My Life and I had a significant love affair last spring. I wonder if we will rekindle our romance again in the coming months! 💐

ARGH, it’s so revoltingly beautiful!!! Why oh why would they feel the need to alter this version. It’s a crime, for Pete’s sake. The original version is perfect!
Honestly this song should still be in the vault. The estate has released too much unheard material. We should be still being surprised.

Predictably, I love Girlfriend. I don't know why people hate it. I think it's wonderful lol.
It's a dumb Paul song and it's a cheesy MJ cover, but I like each of those things with the sick bass. It also sounds great on the original release & special edition, it's crapped on Spotify.

I would say I don't understand why the Estate took a mix MJ had heard and said he liked and change and add stuff all over the top of it but I do lol.

Back