What's left in the Thriller vault?

The MJJ Library

7even's HIStory Corner
We have so much unreleased content from Thriller.
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (2 Demos)
Baby Be Mine (1 Demo)
The Girl Is Mine (Work Tape & Solo Demo)
Thriller (2 Demos)
Beat It (1 Demo)
Billie Jean (3 Demos)
Human Nature (1 Demo & Writers Demo)
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (1 Demo)
The Lady In My Life (Extended Version)
Carousel (Unreleased Song & Writers Demo)
Nightline (Unreleased Song & Writers Demo)
Hot Street (Unreleased Song + Alternate Version)
Got The Hots (Unreleased Song)
Who Do You Know (Unreleased Song)
Behind The Mask (Unreleased Song + Remix With Alternate Vocals)
The Toy (Unreleased Song + 2008 Re-record)
Sunset Driver (Unreleased Song)
What A Lovely Way To Go (Unreleased Song)
She's Trouble (Unreleased Song, Demo, & Writers Demo)

I'd like to know, whats left that we haven't heard yet, the Thriller sessions are usually a jackpot when it comes to its recording sessions. It's unreleased songs (aside from Lovely Way) are so complete and such bangers but not good enough to be on Thriller, like you can't compare them to Billie Jean, Beat It, or Human Nature. I want to know what else is a banger that we haven't heard yet, it seems the Estate held a lot back for Thriller 40.

Rollin' The Dice
Doing Dirty
Nymphette Lover
Somewhere In Time

There's also this article that mentioned around a dozen outtakes produced by Quincy Jones so there's definitely some titles we haven't heard of yet.

"Will there be other Michael Jackson unreleased one day?

Yes, assures Laurent Hopman, there are still many unpublished works by Michael Jackson. Some, like Hot street , and Night Line , have already leaked, but in poor quality. “There are a dozen or so titles, recorded during this period, which we know of and which are sufficiently accomplished to be interesting. But these titles, produced by Quincy Jones, will not be released as long as the famous producer is at odds with the singer's estate.

"The estate did a musical show in Las Vegas, 'Michael Jackson One,' using recordings of music produced by Quincy Jones, but they remixed it, partly to avoid having to pay royalties." The dispute even went to trial, with the producer claiming millions of dollars from Michael Jackson's estate.

Another producer, Steve Porcaro, member of the Toto group, also owns a few. "But the estate was not ready to pay enough to have them", underlines Laurent Hopman."

• Roll the Dice
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Much Too Soon
  • Why Can't I Be?
  • Nymphette Lover
  • Stand Tall
  • Set it on Out
  • Stay
  • A Chance to Dance
and probably these 1979 recordings were considered for Thriller too:
  • Got to Find a Way Somehow
  • Under Your Skin
  • You Told Me Your Lovin'

What a Lovely Way To Go wasn't recorded for Thriller

• Roll the Dice
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Much Too Soon
  • Why Can't I Be?
  • Nymphette Lover
  • Stand Tall
  • Set it on Out
  • Stay
  • A Chance to Dance
and probably these 1979 recordings were considered for Thriller too:
  • Got to Find a Way Somehow
  • Under Your Skin
  • You Told Me Your Lovin'

What a Lovely Way To Go wasn't recorded for Thriller
Where's the proof What A Lovely Way To Go wasn't recorded for Thriller?

Where's the proof What A Lovely Way To Go wasn't recorded for Thriller?
My evidence is the Adlibs “Give me a chance baabeee! I wanna se you smileee!” Lol, I’m being facetious but come on, don’t tell me that doesn’t sound like the Destiny/Jackson’s era. I don’t even believe Who do you know was was created specifically for thriller. Sure, they may have been considered but I firmly believe those were created for something else and I’ll stand by this until I see definitive proof.

Why Can't I Be has similar chords to The Girl Is Mine. They must be holding that one for Thriller 50.

There are several songs registered with the US Copyright Office, but we’ve since learned that there’s a non-zero chance that some of them don’t have MJ’s vocals. “Stand Tall,” for example, is an unknown male session vocalist.

Plenty of people say plenty of things, but nobody outside the estate circle has any idea of what actually exists.

Did Russ Ragsdale record all mj penned demos for Thriller?

One of the WBSS demos is fake but the original 1981 mix of the version on This Is It leaked some time ago. Also at least two demos of Say Say Say exist. Michael and Paul made a rough demo with an guitar at Paul’s house. And then Michael went home and made an complete 24 track demo which pretty much utilized the finished instrumentation

One of the WBSS demos is fake but the original 1981 mix of the version on This Is It leaked some time ago. Also at least two demos of Say Say Say exist. Michael and Paul made a rough demo with an guitar at Paul’s house. And then Michael went home and made an complete 24 track demo which pretty much utilized the finished instrumentation
Is the one on Thriller Genesis fake?

Back