What's next after Xscape?

I think that Xscape is a successful business.

Out of 8 songs on the album 6 had leaked in the past, 2 were unheard: Chicago and Loving You.

Now, what does this mean businesswise? It means that the leaked songs which had never been officially released, they managed to label and release them as "never heard before"... successfully. Which is actually a positive thing. And at the same time finally the fans have the leaked songs officially released in their original format, the way MJ had left them.

This leads me to believe that the Xscape project is a way to get rid of the leaked songs and at the same time to get profit from them by releasing them officially.

This also leads me to believe that Xscape is not the best project out there, but that they have more than one better projects for the future with never heard before and never leaked before tracks.

Xscape is just testing waters, and as we can see is getting mainly positive opinions about it, there is no reason that the future projects don't get more success, especially when we know that there are other songs awaiting to be released. I highly doubt that they used the best songs now and that they left the less good songs for the future releases.

My two cents.
I hope you are correct but I have doubts. By waiting to release other better never before heard tracks they are risking having those tracks leak on the internet years prior to their release. You would think they would choose to release them on Xscape to avoid that and then save the already leaked songs for when they run out of new songs.

I refuse to believe that there is no more great material. I have tons of stuff that has been leaked, is great, and is not on an album...Trouble? Hot Street? Nite Line? She Got It? Work That Body?

Plus, we know of songs like Men In Black, Days In, Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me, etc. Michael left tons of stuff that these producers could work their magic on...Michael himself said he recorded around 70 songs for Invincible, 16 made the cut, 4 more we have, what about the rest?

Really? The estate would only hire producers to re-work songs if they thought they would have a commercial impact outside the fanbase. Are your suggesting that these songs have potential, even with one only partially complete?

Really? The estate would only hire producers to re-work songs if they thought they would have a commercial impact outside the fanbase. Are your suggesting that these songs have potential, even with one only partially complete?

Exactly.

I highly doubt there are 70 total completed songs from the Invincible session. We do know there are more than what we've heard (MiB, Days In, CGYWOOM, etc) but aside from that? There may only be partial recordings, as we know MJ would often sing a verse/chorus just to get a feel for a song.

I'm bet money that in time we will get a majority of it... some type of collection featuring the unreleased material... song fragments, more demo-style stuff, etc. Right now, they seem to be focusing on the completed songs (as I think they should be) but there's no way there won't be some type of Anthology-style release (if even digital-only) in the future.

I agree with others saying that now is the time to enjoy Xscape, not worry about what's next. Although, I do too wonder what the future holds for unreleased material from the estate.

I would like queen to release their album later this year and the Michael Freddie duet be released as a single. Hopefully around Christmas.

Back