What's the last time you got goosebumps when hearing a MJ song?

MJInTheMirror

Proud Member
I got goosebumps this morning hearing HIStory. I can't remember the last time I had them. I was thinking about how would it be to meet Michael and while I thought about it I heard the lyrics "Every child should sing together in harmony" and I think that got me because of Michael's message and my previous thought. It was amazing. What's the last time you got goosebumps when hearing a song from him?

I would say the first time I heard "Chicago." How it starts off semi-acapella was just amazing to me.

This would be perfect for a slave movie. Picture scene: the slave would break out of his chains and possibly kill his slave master.

^^Is that a real song? :(

I still get goosebumps and it's when I don't expect it, so I couldn't say the last time-but the last time I remember for sure is when he broke into 'Human Nature' in TII.

When I first heard the original version of ''Do You Know Where Your Children Are'' from the ''Xscape'' album

^^Is that a real song? :(

I still get goosebumps and it's when I don't expect it, so I couldn't say the last time-but the last time I remember for sure is when he broke into 'Human Nature' in TII.

It seems bootlegged to me, the offical release utilised different samples: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grew_Up_a_Screw_Up but it's
still quality though.

"Buttercup" by Stevie Wonder and The Jackson Five is another song that gets the goosebumps out.

Last edited:
Yesterday. That's when I was listening to Heaven Can Wait in my car on my way to work.

I love it when he sings, "Unthinkable"....among many other parts of the song.
*sigh*

Last day when I was listening to Stranger In Moscow. That song still gives me shivers after so many listens. I also get major goosebumps during All In Your Name (especially during the hook).

A Place With No Name 2014 is a masterpiece as well. Everything about that song is flawless.

A Place With No Name 2014 is a masterpiece as well. Everything about that song is flawless.

I love that song, probably my most favourite track on the whole Xscape album!

It's really weird, I never get goosebumps from listening to music. There have been countless times I've been overcome by a piece of music that's absolutely incredible and my jaw is on the floor... but I can never seem to recall ever getting goosebumps or shivering... or maybe I somehow never notice? Ah well, that doesn't stop the groove from taking over my body though :D

That still happens quite frequently to me. The last time I can remember was a few weeks ago while listening to the MITM instrumental, it was actually while posting here about something (I forgot what).

This Morning. Listening to Someone In the Dark.
Have had it plenty of times with this track too. Mainly the "it tells you never be afraid" and "A light to keep you warm when the night WINDS blow. Like it was... written in the stars.. I kneeeeew." His vocals are incredible there, and those tremolo strings... really nice song.

It speaks to the timeless quality of these song that after hearing them for decades and knowing them inside and out, I can still get goosebumps from them in the same way as when I first heard them.

It happens to me sometimes when I listen to certain songs. The last time was when I was listening to the Hollywood Tonight demo. At the part where it starts to transition into the whistling. That gives me goosebumbs a lot.

Chicago, i was shocked at first listen. (2014 version)

also APWNN amazed me.

SoCav I totally agree with you on both songs. For me, it's the "I believe you and I could never really say goodbye" line, especially when he hits that long high note on "say." And, usually I'll tear up listening to Birchey's MITM Instrumental :)

For me, I've been listening to Will You Be There (my favourite) for 20+ years now and it still gives me goosebumps. Total Masterpiece.​

Last edited:
Many Michael songs give me goosebumps but some of the ones that do include, Show You The Way To Go, Someone Put Your Hand Out and HIStory :)

The ending of Earth Song. Every. Time. (The "What About Us" call and response) His voice is so raw, angry, and the emotion in his every word explodes into the track, each of the choir's harmonious cries intensifying its message. Its spirit remains even after the song hits its final chord.

This morning, "Best of Joy" came up. I hadn't heard it in a long time and it really got me :)

I just got goosebumps from Much Too Soon. It's such a sad sad song... Makes me want to fall in love with someone lol

This should have been on Thriller, it would have been an R&B #1 and become an immediate cult/urban classic!

Goosebumps in 'We've had Enough', in the build up of 'there's nothing that can't be done, if we raise our voice as ooooone' .... leading into 'they've got hear it from me, they've gotta hear it from you ...'. Wish this was a more well known song - definitely one of my all time favourites for MJ's pure raw emotion and 'gravelly' voice.

Back