When Do You Guys Expect New Music?

AlwaysThere;4234360 said:
Using "dated" as an insult feels so played out. The pop charts are constantly featuring songs that sound old fashioned -- "Finesse," "Get Lucky," "Shut Up and Dance," "Run Away With Me," "King Kunta," "Uptown Funk," "I Feel it Coming," "Treasure," "Can't Feel My Face," so on and so forth. It doesn't matter if a song sounds current; if it has mass appeal, people will listen to it.
Those songs are by young currently popular acts though, not vetran performers. There's generally been a few younger acts with a retro sound and getting some mainstream success with it. In the 1970s there was Sha Na Na, Blues Brothers, and the Grease soundtrack. In the 1980s, there were The Stray Cats having hits doing a 1950s rockabilly sound, The Big Chill/Dirty Dancing soundtracks and David Lee Roth remaking Just A Gigolo, but no acts from the 1950s got a lot of Top 40 & MTV airplay. In the 1990s there was Cherry Poppin Daddies, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy with a 1930s big band look & sound and the song Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega. Also in the 1990s, there were acts doing 1970s funk like Dr. Dre with The Chronic, Jamiroquai, and Brand New Heavies which was called "G-funk" & "acid jazz". In the modern era there are popular singers doing a Frank Sinatra Rat Pack kind of thing like Michael Bublé. Josh Groban has an easy listening style and Susan Boyle had brief success doing that too. Right now there is a young Led Zeppelin soundalike band called Greta Van Fleet & the traditional country singer Chris Stapleton. The success of young acts doing an old sound does not help the older acts who did the style decades ago get airplay.

I want new original finished tracks bundled with a new doc/concert. Show the new generation the king in his prime :)

Those songs are by young currently popular acts though, not veteran performers.

So? It's no secret that veteran artists don't have as tight of a grip on the charts as younger acts do. That doesn't mean they're immune from commercial success. Plenty of older names still manage home runs on the charts.

• Pharrell's first No. 1 single,"Happy," was released 14 years into his career (22 if you count production credits). It topped the charts in 24 countries, broke countless sales records, and is often credited for establishing Pharrell as a viable solo artist.
  • Daft Punk's most successful single, "Get Lucky," was released 20 years into their career. It reached the Top 10 in 32 countries, became one of the best-selling singles in recorded history, and gave them their first Top 5 single in the United States. Additionally, its corresponding album Random Access Memories stands as their most commercially successful.
  • Justin Timberlake's most successful single, "Can't Stop the Feeling!" was released 18 years into his career, topping the charts in 19 countries. Moreover, his last album, 2018's Man of the Woods, holds the year's largest debut week for a pop album.
  • Paul McCartney's last album, 2018's Egypt Station, was released 55 years into his career. It was his first No. 1 album in the United States since 1982, not to mention reaching the top of the charts in 21 other countries.
  • Eminem's last album, 2018's Kamikaze, spawned two Top 10 hits ("The Ringer" and "Not Alike"), neither of which were released as singles.
  • Sia's first Top 10 single, 2014's "Chandelier," was released 17 years into her career and reached the Top 5 in 20 countries. Her first No. 1 single, 2014's "Cheap Thrills," was released 19 years into her career and topped the charts in 25 countries.
  • Panic at the Disco's first No. 1 album, 2016's Death of a Bachelor, was released 11 years into their career, and remains their most commercially successful. Additionally, they've only reached the Top 10 in the United States on two separate occasions: in 2006 with "I Write Sins Not Tragedies," and right now with "High Hopes."
Of course, we could debate on the styles of music those artists released and the audiences they pander to, but the fact remains that the length of an artist's career is irrelevant. If they make music people want to hear, people will buy it. And this isn't even acknowledging the allure of Michael Jackson, who remains an immensely popular artist. If the Estate can find something truly fantastic and put in the effort, it isn't unreasonable to think it could do quite well commercially.

^^Those songs by Pharrell & Justin Timberlake were popular because they happened to be in really successful animated movies. The same as movies such Guardians Of The Galaxy and video games like Grand Theft Auto which resurrected oldies songs for the millennials. Happy Feet made Boogie Wonderland by Earth Wind & Fire popular again, but the song did not get on current Top 40 radio. Pharrell is primarily known as a hip hop producer and hip hop is what is still in now, rather than the Jackson 5/Mike who came out in the soul music era of the 1960s. The rappers who were popular in the 1980s & 1990s and still are today are more known for something else than their music like acting (Fresh Prince, Ice T, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube) and Dr. Dre's Beats headphones.

An act doesn't have to sell much today to get a number 1 album, because physical CDs rarely sell much today. 1500 streams is now considered the sale of one album, so that factors in the album chart too. That can mean 1500 streams of one song is an album sale, and none of the rest of the album has to be heard. Paul McCartney still did not get Top 40 radio airplay. Not counting the song with Rihanna, I think Paul's last US Top 10 hit was in the 1980s. Drake got more hits than anyone else because he constantly gets radio airplay. Drake's songs that got radio play lasted longer on the Hot 100 chart than album tracks that were highly streamed when his album 1st came out like Don't Matter To Me.

^^Those songs by Pharrell & Justin Timberlake were popular because they happened to be in really successful animated movies.

"Happy" was released eight full months prior to Despicable Me 2, reached the summit of the Hot 100 four months later, and (as far as YouTube upload dates are indicating) didn't appear in any advertisements until well into its 10-week reign. "Can't Stop the Feeling," meanwhile, debuted at No. 1 nearly four months before the first trailer to Trolls was released. Obviously the box office success helped buoy their chart performance, but both songs were successful independent from the soundtracks they were attached to.

The same as movies such Guardians Of The Galaxy and video games like Grand Theft Auto which resurrected oldies songs for the millennials. Happy Feet made Boogie Wonderland by Earth Wind & Fire popular again, but the song did not get on current Top 40 radio.

I don't consider this to be a fair comparison. Giving a platform to a classic song the public has been exposed to time and time again is far different from dropping a previously unheard song. A reprint of the "Come Together" single would garner far less attention than a never-before-heard Beatles single, just as the umpteenth reissue of Thriller wouldn't make as many headlines or garner as many streams as a brand-new song.

Pharrell is primarily known as a hip hop producer and hip hop is what is still in now, rather than the Jackson 5/Mike who came out in the soul music era of the 1960s. The rappers who were popular in the 1980s & 1990s and still are today are more known for something else than their music like acting (Fresh Prince, Ice T, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube) and Dr. Dre's Beats headphones.

I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make here. Hip-hop is absolutely the current trend, but that holds no consequence; charts have been multi-genre before. '60s soul isn't often referenced in contemporary music, but such songs have absolutely experienced chart success in recent years. The artists you named have indeed found success in non-music ventures largely because they moved away from the industry and pursued other passions. If you could explain this, it would be appreciated!

An act doesn't have to sell much today to get a number 1 album, because physical CDs rarely sell much today. 1500 streams is now considered the sale of one album, so that factors in the album chart too. That can mean 1500 streams of one song is an album sale, and none of the rest of the album has to be heard. Paul McCartney still did not get Top 40 radio airplay.

I also don't quite understand this. The discussion isn't how much a sale and/or a stream is worth; it's to demonstrate that commercial success can be viable for both nostalgic/old-school forms of music and veteran recording acts.

Drake got more hits than anyone else because he constantly gets radio airplay. Drake's songs that got radio play lasted longer on the Hot 100 chart than album tracks that were highly streamed when his album 1st came out like Don't Matter To Me.

It's no surprise that younger acts that pander to the cultural zeitgeist of whatever era they are active will see the most commercial acclaim; it's been that way long before you or I were alive, and it will be that way long after we're gone. But that in no way indicates that the charts are immune to older styles of music and/or veteran artists. Look at any Top 20 chart on the planet; though common themes may be present, it is a potpourri of styles, influences, and timelines.

Rihanna's "Love On the Brain" (a mid-tempo doo-wop toe tapper), Imagine Dragons's "Thunder" (a proto-rock stadium wailer), and Kendrick Lamar's "Humble" (a bass-heavy hip-hop banger) all reached the Top 10 in the 2017. All songs from opposite layers of the spectrum.

I must say I'm credibly jealous of Beatles fan. The Beatles white album got a reissue for its 50th anniversary and it features tons of unreleased material. That's after last years reissue of Sgt pepper.

In contrast, us MJ fans didn't get a Dangerous anniversary reissue. We got a crappy reissue of Off The Wall on the 37th year of its release, that features nothing but the original album and a crappy documentary. The Bad 25th anniversary that did feature some new songs, but also features crappy remixes, an average documentary and a poor quality concert.

I must say the Beatles fans are so lucky, compared to us MJ fans.

I must say I'm credibly jealous of Beatles fan. The Beatles white album got a reissue for its 50th anniversary and it features tons of unreleased material. That's after last years reissue of Sgt pepper.

In contrast, us MJ fans didn't get a Dangerous anniversary reissue. We got a crappy reissue of Off The Wall on the 37th year of its release, that features nothing but the original album and a crappy documentary. The Bad 25th anniversary that did feature some new songs, but also features crappy remixes, an average documentary and a poor quality concert.

I must say the Beatles fans are so lucky, compared to us MJ fans.

Not fair... - We got chalk too, remember?!

Well I think that comment about being jealous about the Beatles fans said exactly why not to jealous.. the Beatles fans have an awesome 50th anniversary white album.. re read that, '50th anniversary', they had to wait 50 years for it.. many of those fans are dead since the albums release. If we really consider what we've gotten since Michael's passing (not even being 10 years) we've gotten a fair share of stuff.

50 years waiting for that project, that pre dates when the jackson 5 signed with motown.. really think about that.

We've become so impatient now days!
That's like us waiting for these years (below) for an awesome project like that.

2029 for Off the Wall
2037 for Bad
2041 for dangerous
2045 for HIStory

That 'White' album projecr was just release this year.. the group is much older than Michael's solo work (off the wall and forward) if anything we should compare what the Beatles fans had at 25 year anniversaries. Did they have anything much cooler than we have?

Isn't it the 40th anniversary of Off the Wall next year? Let's not split hairs.

I don't understand why they did the Off The Wall reissue in 2016 during its 37th year. They could have waited till 2019 to do a 40th anniversary edition.

Lol I wouldn't call a decade splitting hairs. There will always be more attention to anniversaries that are landmark over mid points.. like 10th, 25th, 50th!! You know that.

I wonder if Thriller will get a reissue for its 40th and 50th anniversaries. It sure as hell deserves to.

They better do it! thriller deserves the best for its 50th annivasry

Nite Line;4234130 said:
I think mispronunciation of the word 'Gloucestershire' helps the flow of the song. I think if 'Gloucestershire' was pronounced correctly, I think the song won't flow as well. The same way the pronunciation of 'Moscow' helps the flow of Stranger in Moscow. If Moscow was pronounced the way us Brits do, the flow of Stranger in Moscow won't be there.

Don't agree.

Saying the American Mos-'cow' instead of the English Mos-'coh' does not help the flow of the song in any way. It's just a different way of saying it.
The way MJ says Gloucestershire is just completely wrong, even if it does help the 'flow'. Manipulating a word to make it fit a song happens all the time but to me it is clear MJ is just getting the pronunciation completely wrong.

AlwaysThere;4234131 said:
Fun tidbit I just learned: people overseas consider Michael's pronunciation of the word Moscow odd/incorrect. That's just how Americans pronounce it; I'm genuinely surprised that that isn't how it's stated.

Americans get all sorts of words and spellings wrong :tongue:

dam2040;4234136 said:
Funny thing is, I’ve never thought it to be odd, I’m from the UK but never thought anything of it. One of my favourite songs too.

One of my favourites too. I never really thought much of it either, but (IMO) Gloucestershire is just too much.

Using "dated" as an insult feels so played out. The pop charts are constantly featuring songs that sound old fashioned -- "Finesse," "Get Lucky," "Shut Up and Dance," "Run Away With Me," "King Kunta," "Uptown Funk," "I Feel it Coming," "Treasure," "Can't Feel My Face," so on and so forth. It doesn't matter if a song sounds current; if it has mass appeal, people will listen to it.

Michael will likely never have a #1 again, but a Top 10 single is more than attainable with the right song.

I guess that's aimed at me.

"dated" was not meant to be an insult, it's just a statement of fact.

Go to any of the leading record producers or artists in the world and play them any MJ demo track that you like and I guarantee you with 100% certainty that they will say it's dated. Guaranteed!! Try it with general public. You think any of them will think it's anything other than dated? Even the Will.i.am demos are 12 years old at this point and will have the sound of their time.

There IS a difference between a 'retro' sound and an old song. 'Retro' contains enough contemporary elements to make it fit the current soundscape, and that's what I was talking about when I said MJ's tracks would need to be reworked.

All the examples of retro acts or songs that have done well in recent times missed my point.

The acts may have been 'legacy', the songs may have been 'retro' but they all had one thing in common. They FIT the current musical landscape well.
For those Pharell and JT tracks they were catchy as hell. Good songs. MJ won't have anything like that in the vault. nothing.

The biggest problem with MJ tracks, apart from the dated production, which you can strip away (like Xscape album), is MJ's singing style was very specific and just doesn't fit current trends.

Softer songs are particularly sacharine, louder songs are aggresive and quite 'shouty'. Neither fits current trends. Who else sings in those styles right now?

Often the subject matter is dated. What about Slave to the rhythm? Look at the words. Horrendously dated attitude toward a male female relationship. Like something out of the 50s.

By the way, here's a reasonable example. Have you heard the track by Juice World called 'Lucid Dreams'? Can you hear that 'Fall Again' element in the track? You think that if MJ's Fall Again demo was completed and released it would chart as well as LD with only MJ?? No chance. Now if they had mixed some of MJ's lyrics into Juice World's version then maybe it would be as successful.

Lol I wouldn't call a decade splitting hairs. There will always be more attention to anniversaries that are landmark over mid points.. like 10th, 25th, 50th!! You know that.

Your point was how long people 'have' to wait to get things. And how many fans have died in the meantime. 40 years is a long ass time, just as 50 is. It doesn't suddenly change from crap product to wonderful in that jump from 40 to 50. Splitting hairs.

Don't agree.

Saying the American Mos-'cow' instead of the English Mos-'coh' does not help the flow of the song in any way. It's just a different way of saying it.
The way MJ says Gloucestershire is just completely wrong, even if it does help the 'flow'. Manipulating a word to make it fit a song happens all the time but to me it is clear MJ is just getting the pronunciation completely wrong.

Americans get all sorts of words and spellings wrong :tongue:

One of my favourites too. I never really thought much of it either, but (IMO) Gloucestershire is just too much.

Agree, not fitting the flow of the song he just straight up butchers it.

Your point was how long people 'have' to wait to get things. And how many fans have died in the meantime. 40 years is a long ass time, just as 50 is. It doesn't suddenly change from crap product to wonderful in that jump from 40 to 50. Splitting hairs.

But we know for selling points for attention generally aims at timeframes in 10, 25,50 etc. We dont get 15 year anniversary packages we get 25th anniversary.. still only 10 years apart.

The point I was really making though is were far from even 4p year anniversaries. Were barely reaching 25 of projects

Go to any of the leading record producers or artists in the world and play them any MJ demo track that you like and I guarantee you with 100% certainty that they will say it's dated. Guaranteed!! Try it with general public. You think any of them will think it's anything other than dated? Even the Will.i.am demos are 12 years old at this point and will have the sound of their time.

You're missing my point entirely. Using "dated" to describe the production qualities and/or the overall aesthetic of a song isn't an issue; contemporary music fluctuates constantly, and pretty much everything more than a year or two old (including the entirety of Michael's discography) is pretty obsolete in that regard.

The problem is when "dated" is used as a means to undersell or diminish a song's quality and/or marketability, as if old-fashioned songs and albums are unappealing.

There IS a difference between a 'retro' sound and an old song. 'Retro' contains enough contemporary elements to make it fit the current soundscape, and that's what I was talking about when I said MJ's tracks would need to be reworked. All the examples of retro acts or songs that have done well in recent times missed my point. The acts may have been 'legacy', the songs may have been 'retro' but they all had one thing in common. They FIT the current musical landscape well.

"Finesse" (2018) is clearly-defined 1992 New Jack Swing; "Get Lucky" (2013) is mid-'70s disco-funk; "King Kunta" (2015) is late '90s G-funk and West Coast hip-hop; "Uptown Funk" (2014-15) is '80s Minneapolis soul; "Treasure" (2013) is early '80s post-disco; so on and so forth. These songs make absolutely no effort to sound current or present-day, they all root themselves firmly in whatever genre/time period they're emulating, from the vocals to every component of the production. I'd encourage you to listen to them all, then reference them against the styles they were competing against.

For those Pharell and JT tracks they were catchy as hell. Good songs. MJ won't have anything like that in the vault. nothing.

How cynical. Neither you nor I know the quality of what remains in the vault.

You seem to misinterpret "unreleased" as "not up to par," which is simply erroneous. Michael's standards of quality far surpass yours or mine, so we might praise what he rejected and vice versa -- there are plenty of outtakes that surpass some of the songs he consciously chose to release ("I'm So Blue," "Beautiful Girl," "We've Had Enough"). This isn't even acknowledging the praise and optimism several collaborators have shown toward as-yet-unheard material.

The biggest problem with MJ tracks, apart from the dated production, which you can strip away (like Xscape album), is MJ's singing style was very specific and just doesn't fit current trends. Softer songs are particularly sacharine, louder songs are aggresive and quite 'shouty'. Neither fits current trends. Who else sings in those styles right now?

What? So not only are you indicating that the current Hot 100 is completely absent of any aggressive dance songs or saccharine love songs, not only are you indicating that Michael only ever recorded songs that fell into one of those two categories, but that he is now somehow unmarketable because he has a distinct style? Seriously?

Often the subject matter is dated. What about Slave to the rhythm? Look at the words. Horrendously dated attitude toward a male female relationship. Like something out of the 50s.

"Slave to the Rhythm" chronicles an oppressive, misogynistic relationship that extenuating circumstances prevents her from exiting. In what way is that "horrendously dated," particularly in the #MeToo era? Songs cheapening women to disposable sex toys should be long outdated, yet they continue to chart, don't they?

By the way, here's a reasonable example. Have you heard the track by Juice World called 'Lucid Dreams'? Can you hear that 'Fall Again' element in the track? You think that if MJ's Fall Again demo was completed and released it would chart as well as LD with only MJ?? No chance. Now if they had mixed some of MJ's lyrics into Juice World's version then maybe it would be as successful.

Obviously any song that panders to what's currently trending will face the highest probability of chart success; no one has ever questioned or debated that point. But being contemporary will not immediately guarantee high sales and streaming numbers, just as being "dated" will not immediately forfeit a song's chances at similar praises.

Here's an even more reasonable example: Xscape was created with the implicit intent of clout chasing. Every single song was repurposed to fit the contemporary musical landscape, some more clearly than others ("Chicago," "A Place With No Name," "Blue Gangsta"). Yet somehow the album's sole success story was "Love Never Felt So Good," a disco throwback with LITTLE current flair (though obviously the Justin Timberlake cosign helped).

"Slave to the Rhythm" chronicles an oppressive, misogynistic relationship that extenuating circumstances prevents her from exiting. In what way is that "horrendously dated," particularly in the #MeToo era? Songs cheapening women to disposable sex toys should be long outdated, yet they continue to chart, don't they?

i never thought of slave to the rhytm like that i thought it was bout the girl being really a slave to the music

You're missing my point entirely. Using "dated" to describe the production qualities and/or the overall aesthetic of a song isn't an issue; contemporary music fluctuates constantly, and pretty much everything more than a year or two old (including the entirety of Michael's discography) is pretty obsolete in that regard.

The problem is when "dated" is used as a means to undersell or diminish a song's quality and/or marketability, as if old-fashioned songs and albums are unappealing.

"Finesse" (2018) is clearly-defined 1992 New Jack Swing; "Get Lucky" (2013) is mid-'70s disco-funk; "King Kunta" (2015) is late '90s G-funk and West Coast hip-hop; "Uptown Funk" (2014-15) is '80s Minneapolis soul; "Treasure" (2013) is early '80s post-disco; so on and so forth. These songs make absolutely no effort to sound current or present-day, they all root themselves firmly in whatever genre/time period they're emulating, from the vocals to every component of the production. I'd encourage you to listen to them all, then reference them against the styles they were competing against.

How cynical. Neither you nor I know the quality of what remains in the vault.

You seem to misinterpret "unreleased" as "not up to par," which is simply erroneous. Michael's standards of quality far surpass yours or mine, so we might praise what he rejected and vice versa -- there are plenty of outtakes that surpass some of the songs he consciously chose to release ("I'm So Blue," "Beautiful Girl," "We've Had Enough"). This isn't even acknowledging the praise and optimism several collaborators have shown toward as-yet-unheard material.

What? So not only are you indicating that the current Hot 100 is completely absent of any aggressive dance songs or saccharine love songs, not only are you indicating that Michael only ever recorded songs that fell into one of those two categories, but that he is now somehow unmarketable because he has a distinct style? Seriously?

Obviously any song that panders to what's currently trending will face the highest probability of chart success; no one has ever questioned or debated that point. But being contemporary will not immediately guarantee high sales and streaming numbers, just as being "dated" will not immediately forfeit a song's chances at similar praises.

Here's an even more reasonable example: Xscape was created with the implicit intent of clout chasing. Every single song was repurposed to fit the contemporary musical landscape, some more clearly than others ("Chicago," "A Place With No Name," "Blue Gangsta"). Yet somehow the album's sole success story was "Love Never Felt So Good," a disco throwback with LITTLE current flair (though obviously the Justin Timberlake cosign helped).

If I wasn't on mobile right now I would thank you for this great comment!

i never thought of slave to the rhytm like that i thought it was bout the girl being really a slave to the music

Slave to the Rhythm is about a girl who is a slave to her husband. Michael compares the plight of that girl to being a slave to the rhythm to the beat of music. She is slave to her husband, just like a dancer is a slave to the rhythm of music. It's quite a genius comparison imo.

As Nite Line said, "Slave to the Rhythm" is about an unnamed woman who "dances" (e.g., listens to, abides) to the "rhythm" (e.g., expectations, duties, demands) of her husband and the men in her workforce through sex, overtime hours at work, early morning routines, and fights that ensue when she fails to perform. When the woman finally finds the courage to walk away from this toxicity, she returns just as quickly, unable to "break his chains".

For a song written in 1991, it's remarkably appropriate in the post-Weinstein era of 2018. It feels like a song that could feasibly be written today, though it addresses its topic without being preachy. It doesn't at all sound "dated" or "passe."

Slave to the Rhythm is about a girl who is a slave to her husband. Michael compares the plight of that girl to being a slave to the rhythm to the beat of music. She is slave to her husband, just like a dancer is a slave to the rhythm of music. It's quite a genius comparison imo.

As Nite Line said, "Slave to the Rhythm" is about an unnamed woman who "dances" (e.g., listens to, abides) to the "rhythm" (e.g., expectations, duties, demands) of her husband and the men in her workforce through sex, overtime hours at work, early morning routines, and fights that ensue when she fails to perform. When the woman finally finds the courage to walk away from this toxicity, she returns just as quickly, unable to "break his chains".

For a song written in 1991, it's remarkably appropriate in the post-Weinstein era of 2018. It feels like a song that could feasibly be written today, though it addresses its topic without being preachy. It doesn't at all sound "dated" or "passe."

ahh ok i get it now im just an idiot for thinking otherwise

I really hope we get something soon. Just heard the snippet of “Throwin Your Life Away” and it sounds like a BANGER!!

Hopefully MJ Estate have something up their sleeve!

dam2040;4234634 said:
I really hope we get something soon. Just heard the snippet of “Throwin Your Life Away” and it sounds like a BANGER!!

Hopefully MJ Estate have something up their sleeve!

Loving the positive vibes!! I hope the Estate have a surprise for us

I can't wait to hear this one. I've always had a good feeling about it and the snippet gave me so much hope. I would love the Estate to release this before 2019
TYLA, Joy and Men In Black would be my dream on the next release. Also a more complete version of Don't Be Messin' Round at some point, it has so much potential

Loving the positive vibes!! I hope the Estate have a surprise for us

I can't wait to hear this one. I've always had a good feeling about it and the snippet gave me so much hope. I would love the Estate to release this before 2019
TYLA, Joy and Men In Black would be my dream on the next release. Also a more complete version of Don't Be Messin' Round at some point, it has so much potential

Since Throwing Your Life Away is one of the songs that Brad Sundberg is allowed to play at his seminars I doubt that the Estate would release that song anytime soon, though it truly would be a dream

Since Throwing Your Life Away is one of the songs that Brad Sundberg is allowed to play at his seminars I doubt that the Estate would release that song anytime soon, though it truly would be a dream

I dunno. Don't forget, 6 of the 8 songs on Xscape had been bootlegged for years prior to their release, and 4 of the 7 songs on Michael had been heard before in some way, shape, or form. They're definitely not against reissuing previously heard material.

Back