When were these pictures of Michael and Lisa Marie Presley actually taken?

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%I've always read that these pictures were taken in 1998...but is that true? In 1998, Michael was married to Debbie...and in these images, he is KISSING Lisa Marie. If these pictures were taken in 1998, during the time that Michael was married to Debbie, wouldn't the media have made a HUGE deal about this? Wouldn't they have said that Michael was cheating on Debbie and wouldn't they have labeled him as an adulterer? How come there were no huge headlines and news segments discussing this?? Because I have not seen any news reports about these pictures, I believe that they were not taken in 1998. Does anybody know the exact day, month, and year these pictures were taken, and if so, can you provide solid evidence that clearly proves when they were taken? Thank you so much!

Here are the pictures I am referring to:

mj-and-lmp-in-19982.jpg

Michael-Jackson-and-Lisa-Marie-image-michael-jackson-and-lisa-marie-36297259-640-551.jpg

michael-and-ex-wife-lisa-marie-presley-share-an-intimate-moment-outside-of-the-ivy-restaurant-in-beverly-hills%28116%29-m-3.jpg

michael-and-ex-wife-lisa-marie-presley-share-an-intimate-moment-outside-of-the-ivy-restaurant-in-beverly-hills%28116%29-m-1.jpg

michael-and-ex-wife-lisa-marie-presley-share-an-intimate-moment-outside-of-the-ivy-restaurant-in-beverly-hills(116)-m-4.jpg

michael-and-ex-wife-lisa-marie-presley-share-an-intimate-moment-outside-of-the-ivy-restaurant-in-beverly-hills(116)-m-1.jpg

michael-and-ex-wife-lisa-marie-presley-share-an-intimate-moment-outside-of-the-ivy-restaurant-in-beverly-hills(116)-m-2.jpg

mj-and-lmp-in-1998-1.jpg

The press DID make a big deal out of it-I remember.

I saw it on the news, in the newspaper, and I remember Debbie doing some interview where they asked her about it. (Not sure what that was on-going by memory).

But Lisa Marie did say on the newest Oprah interview that she chased him around for 4 years after their divorce.

Last edited:
Yes, they were taken in 1998, I believe around February - Michael took out Lisa for her birthday. Well, technically he might have been "cheating" on Debbie, but I don't think that marriage was ever real, so Debbie probably did not mind.

This was indeed Feb 1998. The media totally ignored that he was with LM, I only remember Hard Copy doing a small segment on it and the NE ran a article, other than that not a peep. That was something I never understood, the most famous man in the world was often (for a few years) seen being lovey dovey with his ex wife, while he had another wife and children. The only reason I can think of is that they never believed the marriage was real anyways so this must have been fake as well.

This was indeed Feb 1998. The media totally ignored that he was with LM, I only remember Hard Copy doing a small segment on it and the NE ran a article, other than that not a peep. That was something I never understood, the most famous man in the world was often (for a few years) seen being lovey dovey with his ex wife, while he had another wife and children. The only reason I can think of is that they never believed the marriage was real anyways so this must have been fake as well.

They totally ignored the fact too that Lisa Marie was with him on the HIStory tour and in South Africa. I think Michael being with women just did not fit into the agenda of how the media wanted to portray him.

^^ Agree, Michael having two women at a time didn't fit with the "child molester/virgin/asexual/you name it" image. That's why this period of Michael and Lisa's romance is known mostly to fans, and the official narrative has been "the marriage lasted for a year because it was all a sham."
The photos are real though, taken at the Ivy restaurant in Beverley Hills in Feb 1998.

Even though they say in the report that he tries to "win her back", in the photos you can see the truth: him wearing the usual public KOP persona, and her being head over heels in love, not caring about any publicity, just wanting intimacy.

Even if Debbie minded, it doesn't look like there was anything she could do. Her act was very selfless, considering the circumstances.

Just consider the fact that the media will immediately pay money to anyone who is willing to make up some ridiculous "gay lover" story about MJ (eg. Jason Pfeiffer, Ian Halperin, Scott Thorson) but they will not believe his own wife when she says they had sex and a normal marriage - not even when she says that during a period when she is obviously very angry with Michael. That tells it all about the agenda. That's why when LMP was angry with him around 2003 she could pretend that they divorced and that was it and no one questioned her honesty about that because the media just ignored the fact that she was on the HIStory tour with him two years after their divorce.

^^from the idiots at Hard Copy to the idiots at mainstream news (Diane Sawyer), I never understood why they played it this way when the truth was as clear as the nose on your face.
Were they just paid a lot of money to follow a certain agenda? It's still weird to me now.

Michael and Lisa were together in London 1997 too, she also joined him in SA for HIStory tour and a year later they went to see Janet's concert there. There are several more times they were seen in public and his family used to talk about Lisa's spending time with him during the holidays, Rebbie said Lisa and Michael spent Thanksgiving 1998 at her place. I don't consider it cheating because it's evident to me Michael and Debbie weren't a couple and clearly he wasn't hiding what he had with Lisa Marie during that time.

I personally think Debbie deserved a lot more appreciation from Michael.. I mean she slayed the prosecution in the 2005 trial when she was brought in as a witness from the prosecution itself. She's a very sweet lady, seriously.

I personally think Debbie deserved a lot more appreciation from Michael.. I mean she slayed the prosecution in the 2005 trial when she was brought in as a witness from the prosecution itself. She's a very sweet lady, seriously.

She had her own agenda.

Personally I don't think she deserved a better treatment from Michael. Slayed the prosecution? Let's not forget she was their witness to begin with. Plus he treated her quite nicely and if he was upset I'm sure there were reasons for it, we know about some of them.

Yep, those pics were taken in 1998. The media ignored it all because like some of you have said it didn't fit their agenda. They refused to believe that the marriage was ever real in the first place.

Michael wasn't cheating on Debbie because his marriage to her was a business arrangement. Their marriage was the one who was only real on paper not his marriage to Lisa.

I just never really understood why he married her? I mean, everyone kind of knew it was a business deal? They didn't seem to fit together romantically at all IMO. Part of me thinks it was an attempt at making LMP jealous, part of me thinks it had to do with his religious beliefs? I just never really ... got it? To be totally honest, LMP was a total babe in the 90's (despite her personality at times) so high five to Mike for that one.

I just never really understood why he married her? I mean, everyone kind of knew it was a business deal? They didn't seem to fit together romantically at all IMO. Part of me thinks it was an attempt at making LMP jealous, part of me thinks it had to do with his religious beliefs?

I think he married Debbie because of legal reasons.

In almost every state, the mother of a child born out of wedlock automatically has 100% custody rights until paternity is established. However, even after paternity is established, it is the obligation of the father, if he wants custodial rights or parenting time with the child, to commence a court proceeding. In other words, short of an agreement between the parties, the only way the father can get any rights to the child is by going to court. Once there, the court must determine what is in the "best interest of the child."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-fogel/if-a-child-is-born-out-of_b_872852.html

I just never really understood why he married her? I mean, everyone kind of knew it was a business deal? They didn't seem to fit together romantically at all IMO. Part of me thinks it was an attempt at making LMP jealous, part of me thinks it had to do with his religious beliefs? I just never really ... got it? To be totally honest, LMP was a total babe in the 90's (despite her personality at times) so high five to Mike for that one.

I believe Michael married Debbie so he could have legal custody over the kids. I believe in the state of California in order for Michael to have full legal custody over the kids. He had to be married to Debbie for at least 3 years. And notice he was married to Debbie for only 3 years. Once those 3 years was up, he divorced her.

Legal reasons for most of it. There were stories saying that Katherine didn't want his first child to be born out of wedlock so that could be a factor but I think the main reason was to ensure his costudy in case Debbie has a change of heart or something like that. The marriage did help him with that matter but also opened a can of worms when Debbie got more greedy later on.

Debbie got more greedy? What?

Did anyone not ever listen to a thing the woman said?

Debbie may not have been glitz and glam but I'm sorry, I don't think she was ever baby or money hungry for him. She gave him children because LMP wouldn't. She said she's the one who asked for the divorce, and I believe her.

She knew what the deal was when she had the kids - that's why she had them. Yeah, she petitioned for parental rights later after waiving them, but I sincerely doubt it was from greed, regardless of what number figure she put on paper. We aren't her or Michael, so

I totally get why there are many people in Michael's camp that we don't trust, but Debbie is one that I think we should. She really put her ass on the line for him time and time again. She gave him his children that no one else would.

Debbie got more greedy? What?

Did anyone not ever listen to a thing the woman said?

Debbie may not have been glitz and glam but I'm sorry, I don't think she was ever baby or money hungry for him. She gave him children because LMP wouldn't. She said she's the one who asked for the divorce, and I believe her.

She knew what the deal was when she had the kids - that's why she had them. Yeah, she petitioned for parental rights later after waiving them, but I sincerely doubt it was from greed, regardless of what number figure she put on paper. We aren't her or Michael, so

I totally get why there are many people in Michael's camp that we don't trust, but Debbie is one that I think we should. She really put her ass on the line for him time and time again. She gave him his children that no one else would.

Debbie was paid to give him children. It was not some selfless acts. It was business for that she was handsomely paid. And when she wanted more money she started to extort Michael by threatening with a custody battle. When she got paid again, she was suddenly not interested having custody again. So you can draw your conclusions about what that was about.

And now she is best buddies with Marc Schaffel, a man who did all kind of horrible things to Michael. They are also using Michael's name to promote Schaffel's latest protegee. Debbie also leaked photos and information to tabloid media about Paris. So no, I am not falling for her act, sorry.

And you can be sure that she was not a prosecution witness because she told them nice things in depositions about Michael. That she turned on the stand may be applaused by some fans, but in my opinion it should only be natural not to lie under oath. That is not a favour, not something to applause. And her turning does not make her look any better than those other witnesses who said one thing in a deposition then another on the stand. I am glad she was not a defense witness with those antics and I'm glad she was not an important witness.

Last edited:
Debbie was paid to give him children. It was not some selfless acts. It was business for that she was handsomely paid. And when she wanted more money she started to extort Michael by threatening with a custody battle. When she got paid again, she was suddenly not interested having custody again. So you can draw your conclusions about what that was about.

Oh, I see. So Michael never gifted money to other people in his life? Ever? For anything? You know for absolutely 100% positive that he paidflor those chidren? Really?

Just because money changed accounts does not mean those children were purchased. Good lord. Do you really think Michael would have fathered children with a woman like that? Do you have documents stating that he was hiring her for services rendered? Or, do you think, based on his personality alone that he maybe financially supported the person who carried his children.

And yes, I know Marc Schaeffel is not the best person to associate with, but a) Michael never paid him, something that happened quite often (rather, Michael's accountants never paid him, let's be real) and b) other people have done far, far worse things to Michael. Picking bones over Debbie seems to be one of the smaller battles to be fought.

Have you had kids? Do you know what it does to your body and mind? Permanent things that surgery can't fix. Debbie knew that. She knew what she was getting in to, and that having those kids would follow her the rest of her life, even if she wasn't IN their life. She doesn't pull stunts like Karen Faye or LaToya (or anyone else in the family). She hasn't sold images to the TMZ saying someone stole them from her. She's up front about what she does. Doesn't mean she's always the most well-spoken person but, really, come on now. Of all the times Michael was duped and screwed over in his life, it's disgusting that you'd think he actually purchased them outright and that THIS is a possibility in his realm. If he'd wanted to do that, he could have done it ten years before. Michael could be outlandish, absolutely, but this is something he would have done right and he did.

Seriously guys, can you think about this for a moment? Debbie is the mother of Michael's CHILDREN, the most important things in the world to him. How do you think that would make them feel if they saw this? Do you really, really think it was business for him? Really? Like he couldn't adopt children from agencies if he wanted to? Please.

Michael had poor choices for wives, both of them used him and exploited him financially or using his name and persona to promote albums. I hate them both for what they did to him. Lisa was begging him to get back together but she dated other guys at the same time. He let her to hang around him because she was sick but her claim about having a 4 years relationship after their marriage is more likely to be bull since he had different partner around that period.

A mother is the person who raise and look after the children, Deborah hasn't been involved in their lives, many women can give birth but it doesn't make them automatically deserving of such title. Also they were just married legally, they didn't live together as he did with LMP

Marc Schaffel is not only friends with Deborah, they're engaged/married. Let's suppose for a moment Michael really didn't pay him, did he have any right to steal money from him? Did he have any right of accusing him of molesting children? He's a disgusting piece of shit.

Michael had poor choices for wives, both of them used him and exploited him financially or using his name and persona to promote albums.

...Oh...because LMP doesn't make money off the Presley Estate. Please.

Also, Debbie knew Michael for years and years. If she wanted to exploit him before, she'd had plenty of opportunity.

I hate them both for what they did to him.

There are plenty of other people to hate besides those two. I think you're more jealous than anything, tbh. I get the hate towards people who actually destroyed his life, but neither LMP nor Debbie are appropriate targets of hatred. Hate Murray, the Arivzos, the Chandlers, sure.

Lisa was begging him to get back together but she dated other guys at the same time. He let her to hang around him because she was sick but her claim about having a 4 years relationship after their marriage is more likely to be bull since he had different partner around that period.

I don't doubt she regretted their divorce. But both have said different things about their relationship after the divorce. Some things line up, others don't. You aren't either one of them, and god forbid he should have a relationship that people didn't know about. Were you his girlfriend at the time? You haven't heard of people cheating on each other?

A mother is the person who raise and look after the children, Deborah hasn't been involved in their lives, many women can give birth but it doesn't make them automatically deserving of such title. Also they were just married legally, they didn't live together as he did with LMP

She still bore his children. Period. Legally and literally, she's a mother. I'm sorry that doesn't meet your definition, and I think the word you're thinking of is "parent" but yeah.

Marc Schaffel is not only friends with Deborah, they're engaged/married. Let's suppose for a moment Michael really didn't pay him, did he have any right to steal money from him? Did he have any right of accusing him of molesting children? He's a disgusting piece of shit.

I'm not talking about Marc Schaffel, nor do I care in this thread, because that is a separate issue. They countersued each other, whatever. And please, do please show me where he actually claimed Michael was guilty, because if I'm not mistaken he was listed as an unindicted coconspirator in the Arvizo case. Schaffel isn't my favorite person, by any means, but that has no reflection what I think of Debbie.

Overall, your arguments are purely circumstancial and emotional. Please see the following:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

None of this makes any sense to me. Seriously, you're passing judgment about people that it doesn't make sense to hate. Show me the receipts. Done with this convo!

Does every mention of Lisa or Debbie have to turn into a thread of silly hate and judgment? Both women did what they could in their time to help Michael, both loved him sincerely and deeply, both are incredibly strong characters. Instead of making unwarranted assumptions about their motives, let's show some respect.

I never said LMP exploited financially, she used her resentment and anger towards him to promote one of her albums. People ask her to do interviews for who her father was and her brief marriage to Michael. Why would she relentlessly bash him over a decade if she just was a tiny part of Michael's life? And also lied to him about having children during their marriage.

It's not a secret Michael had a very poor judgement towards people and trusted many ones he shouldn't have. Arnold Klein was an excellent dermatologist but when he could see the opportunity he betrayed him. Deborah did it as well, she sued him seeking child custody when he was just facing the second allegations in 2003. It that's not betrayal or taking advantage, I don't know what that is.

Well, it backfired didn't it? According to Tom Mez, she was supposed to be one of the Prosecution's strongest witnesses. But, according to him, she was so supportive of Michael that Tom Mez didn't have to pressure her at all. If I was one of the prosecutors at that time, I would have had a tiny heart attack.

I hate LMP. Mainly because she started showing open resentment for her marriage and dissing MJ in interviews. Have you seen her interview with DS in 2003? Backstabbing piece of shit.

To add about me supposedly being jealous at them, how is it relevant and valid to the discussion? You said like it I naively thought I had a chance with Michael. I hated every time he was hurt and people taking advantage of him, no matter who it was.

Here are some articles detailing Schaffel's lawsuit, (I correct myself) how he claimed he hundreds of messages stating the improper conduct with Gavin and how Michael wanted him go to Brazil to adopt boys.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackson/story?id=1336379

The second one tells at the end how Deborah was suing him because he didn't pay what Michael promised after their divorce. Besides seeking child custody, she wanted more money.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...sion-with-ex-adviser?mobile_redirection=false

Oh, I see. So Michael never gifted money to other people in his life? Ever? For anything? You know for absolutely 100% positive that he paidflor those chidren? Really?

Well, she gave him children and he paid her money and bought her a ranch for that. And yes, that is from court docs. From the article that Snow White linked:

Rowe says in the lawsuit that Jackson stopped making his promised payments to her in October 2003. Jackson agreed when they divorced to pay his ex-wife $1 million a year for the first three years after their split and $750,000 annually for six more years. Rowe also received a house in Beverly Hills and a 1998 Ford Explorer. She agreed to visit her children only once every 45 days, according to the lawsuit.

And yes, those are facts. You might want to romanticize it as a "gift" but by all signs this was a business arrangement. When the money stopped Debbie started to threaten with a custody battle. When the money started to flow again Debbie stopped threatening with a custody battle. Make of it what you want.

And yes, I know Marc Schaeffel is not the best person to associate with, but a) Michael never paid him, something that happened quite often (rather, Michael's accountants never paid him, let's be real) and b) other people have done far, far worse things to Michael. Picking bones over Debbie seems to be one of the smaller battles to be fought.

Really? You might not be aware of everything that Schaffel did to Michael. To me this is unforgivable: http://michaeljacksonallegations.co...pay-hush-money-to-a-family-in-brazil-in-2003/

And BTW, Debbie got on the stand in 2005 and called Schaffel a vulture. Now they are best buddies and they want to get married... using Michael's name to promote Schaffel's protegee. The same Schaffel was one of the main sources of Randall Sullivan's horrible book and yes, he is still telling lies about Michael. That book has a couple.

Have you had kids? Do you know what it does to your body and mind? Permanent things that surgery can't fix. Debbie knew that. She knew what she was getting in to, and that having those kids would follow her the rest of her life, even if she wasn't IN their life.

Well, some people are willing to give up their children for money. Debbie never had to work since. To some people wealth is worth that. Just because you would not do it it does not mean others would not either.

She doesn't pull stunts like Karen Faye or LaToya (or anyone else in the family). She hasn't sold images to the TMZ saying someone stole them from her. She's up front about what she does.

She sold pictures and stories to tabloids about her children. She's no better than those of the Jackson family who do the same.

Doesn't mean she's always the most well-spoken person but, really, come on now. Of all the times Michael was duped and screwed over in his life, it's disgusting that you'd think he actually purchased them outright and that THIS is a possibility in his realm. If he'd wanted to do that, he could have done it ten years before. Michael could be outlandish, absolutely, but this is something he would have done right and he did.

Well, to me this is not "disgusting". I consider this a type of surrogacy. And surrogate mothers are usually paid for their services. And a lot of celebrities did similar things - ie. not having their babies in a traditional way - from Jodie Foster to Madonna to Ricky Martin. Michael could have done it earlier, but perhaps earlier he was still hoping for a traditional family. After it did not work out with Lisa Marie he gave up and focused on just having children. I am not going to judge him for that and call it "disgusting". Traditional family is not the only way.

Seriously guys, can you think about this for a moment? Debbie is the mother of Michael's CHILDREN, the most important things in the world to him. How do you think that would make them feel if they saw this? Do you really, really think it was business for him? Really? Like he couldn't adopt children from agencies if he wanted to? Please.

For him it was not business. He just wanted children badly. For her it was business.

Last edited:
Back