Where are Invincible footages?!

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
You know, yestarday I was listening to Cry song, and I noticed, that this song contain Michael's beatbox! I was shocked! You can't clearly hear his beatbox in this song, but you can feel it in the music. I mean, Cry is song, that Michael didn't wrote. It's R.Kelly's song, STILL it has Michael Jackson's famous musicial touch - beatbox. It confirms, that although Michael didn't write all songs from Invincible album, he surely reworked the structure of every track. And now I wonder, why there are so few photos of Invincible recording session? I mean, most photos from Invincible era, you can find in Google, show us process of recording What More Can I Give. But where are Invincible footages?! Do you think, we will every be able to see records of Invincible album recording sessions? They are definately in the vault of Estate... Why they are hiding them...

john-branca-michael-branca.gif

9 November 1999.

For those old enough to remember, that was the first announced release date of what became the Invincible album.

The late 90s/early 2000s were sorely lacking news on how the recording process was going. We'd occasionally get some random song title like "Triple Threat Cable", and the odd piece of hyperbole from someone who said they'd heard some of the songs and it "would shake the foundations of the music industry". But for the most part it was tortuously quiet with the release date being pushed back constantly.

It would be very interesting to see what was actually happening behind the scenes in those years.

Incidentally, when YRMW came out many of us were bemused. We were expecting a sonic powerhouse like Scream that lived up to the hype we had been hearing. Instead we got a stripped back, much simpler track, and many of us weren't ready for it (as MJ says at the start).

9 November 1999.

For those old enough to remember, that was the first announced release date of what became the Invincible album.

The late 90s/early 2000s were sorely lacking news on how the recording process was going. We'd occasionally get some random song title like "Triple Threat Cable", and the odd piece of hyperbole from someone who said they'd heard some of the songs and it "would shake the foundations of the music industry". But for the most part it was tortuously quiet with the release date being pushed back constantly.

It would be very interesting to see what was actually happening behind the scenes in those years.

Incidentally, when YRMW came out many of us were bemused. We were expecting a sonic powerhouse like Scream that lived up to the hype we had been hearing. Instead we got a stripped back, much simpler track, and many of us weren't ready for it (as MJ says at the start).
Oh. I agree with you. But Michael planned Unbreakable for first single) So he indeed planned kinda Scream 2.0 song

BTW, these pics are NOT from Invincble sessions! They are post Invincible!
recording%20Michael-Jackson-Studio.jpg

behind-the-scenes-of-What-More-Can-I-Give-mj-behind-the-scenes-22231193-592-594.jpg

6625f728ef96661970dd05f14eec5b9c.jpg

Reactions: xam
There was unreleased video footage of the Invincible sessions with Rodney Jerkins being shopped years ago, some pictures of it were made available. However, nobody bought it.

Rodney Jerkins documented (with his video cameras) those sessions, and he even intends to release that footage one day:

"I'll just say Michael asked me to document everything. And I did. And I'm sure one day it'll see the light of day. I got to make sure it's made in the way Michael would want to see it" (Rodney Jerkins, Vibe Interview)

There is also the leaked snippet from the early sessions that shows Michael Jackson (in the studio) working on his 'Fall Again' song.

but this snippet is from 2004 recording sessions, no?
1999? It was released in 2004, though (The Ultimate Collection).

I find that clip so incredibly sad because of that quote (@1:37 circa), “I don’t wanna die in my sleep.”

hqdefault.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Invincible-Era-invincible-era-32317481-684-800.jpg

The only photos from Invincible recording, you can find in the Internet. And literally ZERO videos!
The first picture (the one with Rodney) is actually from 2006 (Ireland sessions). Rodney was much fatter during "Invincible" sessions.

The first picture (the one with Rodney) is actually from 2006 (Ireland sessions). Rodney was much fatter during "Invincible" sessions.
The second one is from the What More Can I Give sessions.

...and the odd piece of hyperbole from someone who said they'd heard some of the songs and it "would shake the foundations of the music industry".
I remember Rodney Jerkins himself talking-up Threatened like it was on some other level.

Crazy how we never got this footage. Closest we got was to the Fall Again studio footage. I don't understand why footage of MJ recording in studios is so rare
I doubt it's rare. We have a few...which let's me know he probably recorded every song. He even has choir on tape in the studio. We got (gonna get) jump for joy, tgim, jgf,ijcsl (if you wanna count those fake sessions lol) fall again, what more can I give, we are here to change the world, to do mi amor, & I think thats it off the top of my head. But I understand where you're coming from. As in real sessions. Other than seeing a bit of tgim....I think that might be the only take that's on the actual album of him recording. But I'm sure its TONS of footage. We never saw mj rehearse in a white t shirt on the thriller rehearsal or this new 30th anniversary with the ponytail. It's tons of unseen mj footage. He's been gone since 09 & new footage of him is still surfacing (no pun intended) & its just buried somewhere...not stored correctly...smh #conspiracy

Back