Which concerts during the Bad World Tour were TWYMMF and MITM omitted and why?

john13th

Proud Member
As it was during the Wembley concert July 16th 1988 on the DVD, TWYMMF was omitted from the set list possibly due
to time constraints as the show began late according to the reports I have heard.

But I have also notice that there were some other concerts based on the amateur footage and audio recording that are available
that TWYMMF and MITM were omitted. Like in one of the two concerts in Gothenburg, Barcelona, Marbella and Werchter, if you
look in to the set list of the amateur recordings they stretches from WBSS to BAD unless he did perform TWYMMF and MITM but it perhaps was not captured in the amateur recordings.

So I am wondering if the were any more of these concerts with those two songs omitted and why it did happen?
Was it also due to extra time constraints that Michael and the band had at certain tour dates?

Noise curfews, time constraints and perhaps them being the easiest to take out of the show?

It does seem now looking back that removing things like Heartbreak Hotel would be more appropriate...

Noise curfews, time constraints and perhaps them being the easiest to take out of the show?

It does seem now looking back that removing things like Heartbreak Hotel would be more appropriate...

Yeah, love the tracks but including WDAN and missing out key tracks like TWYMMF is a little indulgent.

Even worse on Dangerous Tour where hardly any tracks from the album are included yet you have a ten minute album track from Off The Wall.

Yeah, love the tracks but including WDAN and missing out key tracks like TWYMMF is a little indulgent.

Even worse on Dangerous Tour where hardly any tracks from the album are included yet you have a ten minute album track from Off The Wall.

You kind of need Working Day And Night because that goes straight into Beat It. Or unless he just appears on the cherry picker straight after the BAD Groove interlude.

But I've always loved Working Day And Night live. That, Beat It and Billie Jean was always one of the highlights of an MJ concert for me

As it was during the Wembley concert July 16th 1988 on the DVD, TWYMMF was omitted from the set list possibly due
to time constraints as the show began late according to the reports I have heard.

But I have also notice that there were some other concerts based on the amateur footage and audio recording that are available
that TWYMMF and MITM were omitted. Like in one of the two concerts in Gothenburg, Barcelona, Marbella and Werchter, if you
look in to the set list of the amateur recordings they stretches from WBSS to BAD unless he did perform TWYMMF and MITM but it perhaps was not captured in the amateur recordings.

So I am wondering if the were any more of these concerts with those two songs omitted and why it did happen?
Was it also due to extra time constraints that Michael and the band had at certain tour dates?

He omitted TWYMMF and MITM from all the countries in Spain (Marbella, Madrid, Barcelona), because he collapsed backstage on one of those shows, probably due to exhaustion.
Minneapolis (No TWYMMF)
Gothenburg On the first night he omitted TWYMMF and TWYMMF but he performed them, I'm not too sure about TWYMMF but definitely MITM on the second show, or vice versa. I have a friend who attended the concert, when vividly recounting the story she said the whole stadium was singing along to MITM.

Also another reason why TWYMMF and MITM are sometimes not included on amateur shows is because of the gap between Bad and those songs. Some fans even believed the show was over and went home only to have MJ come out and do the encores.

There are probably some more shows as well.

He omitted TWYMMF and MITM from all the countries in Spain (Marbella, Madrid, Barcelona), because he collapsed backstage on one of those shows, probably due to exhaustion.
Minneapolis (No TWYMMF)
Gothenburg On the first night he omitted TWYMMF and TWYMMF but he performed them, I'm not too sure about TWYMMF but definitely MITM on the second show, or vice versa. I have a friend who attended the concert, when vividly recounting the story she said the whole stadium was singing along to MITM.

Also another reason why TWYMMF and MITM are sometimes not included on amateur shows is because of the gap between Bad and those songs. Some fans even believed the show was over and went home only to have MJ come out and do the encores.

There are probably some more shows as well.
That could be true now that you mentioned it, because you can see in MITM performance in Moonwalker that Werchter is one of the city names that shows up on the jumbotron, as with Hannover, London and Liverpool. So that could be shot when Michael performed MITM there.

Mmm... interesting, though rare, I did not have much idea that, once i read that took the way you make me feel of some concerts, but man in the mirror?

Back