Which Dangerous version do you like better?

I imagine the Dangerous rehearsal footage from TII is pretty lacklustre. The routine exhausted him in 2002 let alone the condition he was in mid June 2009.

As with any TII footage not in the film, if it was genuinely good it would have been in the film. They were under strict court orders to only show footage that portrays him positively.

Physically Michael looked to be in much better shape in 2009 than he was in 2002. And during Conrad Murray's trial all footage from TII was shown and no one saw anything that would suggest Michael was in bad shape.

And another thing to remember is that Michael held back a lot in rehearsals so the footage that was released was probably the best footage they could edit together of him not holding back.

Last edited:
analogue;4307487 said:
Physically Michael looked to be in much better shape in 2009 than he was in 2002. And during Conrad Murray's trial all footage from TII was shown and no one saw anything that would suggest Michael was in bad shape.

And another thing to remember is that Michael hold back a lot in rehearsals so the footage that was released was probably the best footage they could edit together of him not holding back.

That is because the video cameras were being turned off when Michael Jackson was in bad shape during the ‘This Is It’ rehearsals.

Also, Kenny Ortega revealed some terrifying details that show that Michael Jackson was certainly not in much better shape in 2009 (than he was in 2002), quite the contrary.

For example, Kenny Ortega revealed that on certain dates during the rehearsals (in 2009), Michael Jackson did not look well at all, that he was not in the kind of condition to be at rehearsal, that he was chilled, etc.

Additionally, emails (in the Conrad Murray trial) revealed that Michael Jackson at the time has been slow at grabbing hold of the (rehearsal) work.

Female dancer Stacy Walker was also very alarmed by Michael Jackson’s very bad physical condition.

But the most indicative detail about Michael Jackson’s very bad shape at the time (in 2009) comes again from Kenny Ortega who stated that he was actually feeding him.

In 2002, Michael Jackson was in much better physical shape, and the fact that he sounded out of breath towards the end of his ‘Dangerous’ performance apparently had to do with the fact that he did not exercise himself enough in the days prior to that performance.

Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson

Who is this Frenzy-bot on about? So confusing.
smilie_ugly_061.gif

Last edited:
Which performance did he do twice, and why?

I remember hearing this story many moons ago, but forgot the story.....

I could be wrong but I think it was Earth Song at the world music awards in 1995, and Dangerous at American bandstand in 2002.

I could be wrong but I think it was Earth Song at the world music awards in 1995, and Dangerous at American bandstand in 2002.
Yeah i remember this but idk now & then i still think to myself, i don't think mj would do the same song in a row with the same audience there & not a video like dirty diana or come together but a real live performance with time slots for other artist & etc.... just dont sound right

I heard it was Dangerous at American Bandstand 2002. He wasn't satisfied with his performance so he wanted to do it again. The show wasn't live so he could do it.

I have a question about the choreography for Dangerous 1995. It looks like you are swinging a baseball bat. Where did you get the idea for the choreography?

There is actually footage which proves that Michael Jackson performed 'Dangerous' 2 times consecutively at the 2002 American Bandstand.

Here is the first, unseen performance (a snippet of it):

And now compare it with the second, official performance:

Notice, for example, his slightly different dance moves when the female dancer appeared next to him on stage.

There is actually footage which proves that Michael Jackson performed 'Dangerous' 2 times consecutively at the 2002 American Bandstand.

Here is the first, unseen performance (a snippet of it):

And now compare it with the second, official performance:

Notice, for example, his slightly different dance moves when the female dancer appeared next to him on stage.
Your first video literally linked to Apollo footage...

I have a question about the choreography for Dangerous 1995. It looks like you are swinging a baseball bat. Where did you get the idea for the choreography?
Dangerous image

Dangerous image
🤨...well "I" got that move from Atlanta. From a dance called the bank head bounce & the baseball thing just kinda went with it. I hope "I" answered your question

Could be :) Then again, wouldn't surprise me if he got the idea for the suit and hairstyle from Chaplin too
I really wish he never did that haircut. Alot of reason why I'm like how does he have like 4 different hairstyles in 1995 alone. Scream, tdcau, childhood, sim, Diane sawyer interview. I was so puzzled as a child lol

I really wish he never did that haircut. Alot of reason why I'm like how does he have like 4 different hairstyles in 1995 alone. Scream, tdcau, childhood, sim, Diane sawyer interview. I was so puzzled as a child lol
Funny I was more puzzled that he initially didn't change his hairstyles that much for Dangerous and History; for both Thriller and Bad he really changed his image. But when he finally did cut his hair after History I didn't really like it too. I do think his inspiration was Charlie Chaplin; he took so much from him. After 2003 he wanted to look more like James Brown I think; the suits and hairstyle

Funny I was more puzzled that he initially didn't change his hairstyles that much for Dangerous and History; for both Thriller and Bad he really changed his image. But when he finally did cut his hair after History I didn't really like it too. I do think his inspiration was Charlie Chaplin; he took so much from him. After 2003 he wanted to look more like James Brown I think; the suits and hairstyle
I honestly dk where the whole 2000s look came from at all. Now that I think about it...its hard to picture him with his ponytail in the early 2000s

His 95 haircuts were some of his best ever. And his actual hair, not just wig pieces. The Jheri Curls look especially looked all too good, way too cool.

Now that we are talking about hair: do you guys think he dyed his hair after the Bad era? It somehow appears more black than before

I'm sure I read years ago that the 99 version was originally planned for the 95 HBO shows - that version would have been amazing in a smaller/indoor venue.

I've been re-watching all the versions and came across this video of the 93 performance from a different camera:

I'm sure I read years ago that the 99 version was originally planned for the 95 HBO shows - that version would have been amazing in a smaller/indoor venue.

I've been re-watching all the versions and came across this video of the 93 performance from a different camera:

Never understood why he did this in 95 at the amas with a brand new album out

Cool! Gives you an idea of what it was like being in the audience. The music has more punch to it when it's not from the soundboard feed, love it! Also really cool to see his dancing from a different angle.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Never understood why he did this in 95 at the amas with a brand new album out
Because, as he stated, he loved to perform that song almost at every given opportunity.
It appears that the decision to cut his hair at that time had to do with a desire on his part to have some sort of rebirth with a new stylistic image (after the 1993 scandal against him).
The 'Dangerous' performance at the 1995 HBO Shows was meant to be ever more naked and more stripped-back than the version of the performance in 1999, according to LaVelle Smith.

Back