Which Jackson's have the best voice ?

Janet had the voice that was closest to Michael, and the career that mostly resembled Michael.

I think she is my second favorite after Michael. I'm hoping she didn't retire.

Here it's not about who's your second favorite Jackson singer but who has the best voice after Michael, no sibling beats him. I'm not a fan of any of them but I give credit where credit is due, Janet is not the second best singer.

Well let's see...we all know Michael is the best out of all of them. So my list would be like this:

1. Michael

2. Janet/Jackie

3. Rebbie

4. Jermaine

5. Randy

LaToya -___- I won't even get into that, Tito..meh, and Marlon, well, I've never listened to his work.

Really? I've never heard any of the others except Janet and Jermaine. I'll have to take a listen to them, and see what you mean. (Unless hearing the borthers on the Victory album counts) then its only Maureen and Latoya that I haven't heard

Rebbie

She recorded Fly Away that was written by Michael, but not used by him (you can hear Michael on background vocals):

Rebbie sinigin Midnight At The Oasis on the Jacksons Variety: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8qu32_rebbie-jackson-midnight-at-the-oasi_music

LaToya is not a good singer at all, IMO. She's painfully off-key.

Marlon isn't a very good singer either, IMO, but he's a good dancer.

Last edited:
Latoya is the talentless Jackson without a doubt.

Here it's Rebbie's hit Michael wrote, composed and produced for her in 1984, Centipede. You can even hear Michael, Latoya and Martha Wash in the background vocals.

to me Janet is not the 2nd best singer in this family. The 2nd best entertainer? Yes. The 2nd best singer? No.
Agreed, I think Janet's singing career is based around her "sex appeal" and keeping up the family name at the right time which is why I feel that comparisons to Michael is rather humorous in a sense. But overall, she's made good music (so hopefully I did not offend any Janet fans)

Latoya is the talentless Jackson without a doubt.

Latoya isn't talentless. If you listen to her early albums, before Jack Gordon, she was releasing gold. And then she got involved with Gordon, and he ruined her career.

The first four or so Latoya albums are up there with at least Rebbie's stuff.

I'd obviously say Michael first then Janet. I'm far too in love with her discography to put any other Jackson (other than Michael) over her. She does have a good range though, listen to songs like What About or even Black Cat and compare them with Everytime or Tonight's The Night. She has a better range then some people give her credit for.

Agreed, I think Janet's singing career is based around her "sex appeal" and keeping up the family name at the right time which is why I feel that comparisons to Michael is rather humorous in a sense. But overall, she's made good music (so hopefully I did not offend any Janet fans)

You clearly don't know very much about Janet's career if you believe it was based on sex appeal. Her first breakthrough album Control was about quite the opposite. Songs like What Have You Done For Me Lately, Nasty and Lets Wait Awhile turned relationships on its head and beared the question "Is your man treating you right?" Her next album which was absolutely massive was Rhythm Nation 1814 which was a social awareness concept album, albeit loose concept album. After becoming at the time the biggest female pop star in the planet she released janet. Which was about a sexual awakening, 7 years after getting her breakthrough. Janet didn't begin to use sex within her craft until well into her career. Just letting you know :).

Just as Michael took some stuff from Janet's The Pleasure Principle, she also borrowed some things from Michael.

Back