"Who Is It" short film finally makes its YouTube debut!

HIStoric

Proud Member
Another version of WII used to on YouTube a few years back, consisting of nothing but various clips of Michael performing and dancing. Sometime ago it was taken down and the proper "short story" version was never uploaded onto YouTube...

...until now! :D

Last edited:
Me because it can't be watched in my country.
BMRajpsCIAE17A_.jpg

The rest of y'all go ahead and turn up though.:cry:

Last edited:
Vevo didn't make it available in the US either. But somebody uploaded it about two years ago. That one has 2,300,778 views

Well that's weird! I just looked it up and according to this, it seems to only available in Oceania (aka Pacific Islands/Australia/New Zealand).

Sorry for getting your hopes up, I assumed it was global :\

Well that's weird! I just looked it up and according to this, it seems to only available in Oceania (aka Pacific Islands/Australia/New Zealand).

Sorry for getting your hopes up, I assumed it was global :\
I'm just happy it's up there. It's not like we haven't seen it over a million times/own it. I didn't realize until today that alot of ppl here are not here in the us with me. I didn't know so many ppl were not in this country. But anyway yeah...comments are disabled anyway so its no matter to be upset about

I still can't watch original Dirty Diana and Ghosts on vevo so no shock here

I have to make a comment about the ‘Who Is It’ music clip (story version):

I never quite understood why MJ decided to use an impersonator (E’ Casanova) in some shots of that music clip. A few puny excuses that were brought up at that time (such as, MJ being pressed for time) do not make sense to me at all.

Anyway, I really liked MJ’s European-oriented look in that music clip. I would even say that he looked incredibly pretty (& really sexy) in the first shots of that clip, which makes me wonder even more about the purpose of using also an impersonator.

Why are they restricting videos like that ? All Europe and Africa can't watch original Dirty Diana video; Germany, UK, EX-YU and Central Africa can't watch Ghosts and now Who Is It only in Oceania.

I used offliberty.com to download the video and it seems to be in very low quality. Is that the case for people that are not blocked too?

it works for me now as well. guess they changed the settings on who can see it

mj_frenzy;4172396 said:
I have to make a comment about the ‘Who Is It’ music clip (story version):

I never quite understood why MJ decided to use an impersonator (E’ Casanova) in some shots of that music clip. A few puny excuses that were brought up at that time (such as, MJ being pressed for time) do not make sense to me at all.

Anyway, I really liked MJ’s European-oriented look in that music clip. I would even say that he looked incredibly pretty (& really sexy) in the first shots of that clip, which makes me wonder even more about the purpose of using also an impersonator.

Was that ever confirmed in some way?
I never really thought an impersonator was (partly) used in this video.

As far as i remember, the clip-montage video was made for the US market, because after the Oprah interview where Michael did the WII acapella/beatbox they wanted it out as a single quickly to seize the momentum. WII was released as a single at a later point outside of US, with the real video.

aaww poor Germany :/

I think it's because they have their own organisation that deals with royalties/rights and stuff or something along those lines; I often hear about music being blocked on YouTube for Germany. Does suck though, I really dislike the concept of geo-blocking videos in this day and age :\

As far as i remember, the clip-montage video was made for the US market, because after the Oprah interview where Michael did the WII acapella/beatbox they wanted it out as a single quickly to seize the momentum. WII was released as a single at a later point outside of US, with the real video.

I never knew that! Thanks :)

Was that ever confirmed in some way?
I never really thought an impersonator was (partly) used in this video.

Is the clip montage one still available? I don't remember ever seeing it.

I think it's because they have their own organisation that deals with royalties/rights and stuff or something along those lines; I often hear about music being blocked on YouTube for Germany. Does suck though, I really dislike the concept of geo-blocking videos in this day and age :\

This is correct. It's estimated that 60% of the 1,000 most popular videos won't play in Germany...
However YoutTube and Gema (the royalty company) just reached an agreement today after seven years of arguing, negotiations and trials.

So yeah, Who Is It and many, many more videos finally aren't blocked in Germany anymore and can be watched without using proxy stuff.

Last edited:
Back