Who was MJ's best manager?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
I don't think this has ever been a point of discussion. This might really break new grounds.

Between:

Joe Jackson (Last in my opinion)
Branca
John Mcclain
Frank Dileo
Thome Thome
Other

Who is your bid for someone MJ could actually be productive with, and got out of the way enough to let him be productive enough? We're talking about during MJs lifetime, so not any posthumous records unless it's as an additional point.

You forgot Dieter Wiesner in your list.

Frank seems like the mafia boss that Michael needed by his side, lmao.

But it all depends on what means "BEST manager".

and got out of the way enough to let him be productive enough
I always have to think about that part in Dieter Wiesner's book, when Michael drove towards Dieter in his go-kart (or whatever), and just signed a contract, without reading it. Then instantly driving away again.

Seems like that Michael was always happy when he could just stay out of these parts of the business and just do his thing. But this + him being surrounded by vultures all the time ... horrible.

Frank Dileo. If he came back a little sooner in 2009 things could have been VERY different.

They made history together and he had the judgment and bravado to protect Michael and allow him to focus on his creative work.

The only employee/business partner to show up for the 2005 trial.

I'd love to read whatever he wrote for his unpublished autobiography.

A great guy.

His father and Franky, but definately himself, he actually made his own transition of personnality between end of 1981 & spring 1982, you can see he went from a cool shy guy to a smoldering serious fella, a mystery to me

There is also Raymone Bain who was Michael Jackson's manager (and publicist).

Raymone Bain was very important to him also because she stood by him during his very difficult moments throughout his child sexual abuse trial (he officially hired her right after the end of his trial and she remained his manager/publicist until late 2007).

Fans who believe that Frank DiLeo was his best manager should keep in mind that Michael Jackson fired him (in 1989) due to certain serious issues (such as, Frank DiLeo's inability to get the 'Moonwalker' film a US theatrical release).

These fans should also keep in mind that it was AEG Live (and not Michael Jackson) that hired again Frank DiLeo in 2009 for the 'This Is It' shows, as revealed by Leonard Rowe who is a long-time friend of the Jackson family.

There is also Raymone Bain who was Michael Jackson's manager (and publicist).

Raymone Bain was very important to him also because she stood by him during his very difficult moments throughout his child sexual abuse trial (he officially hired her right after the end of his trial and she remained his manager/publicist until late 2007).
It was during her tenure as Michael's manager that people didn't get paid for the work they did. I don't know all the details and don't really care to find out but Tom Mesereau is on record talking about work he did for Michael after the trial for which he and his team did not get paid.

Last edited:
It's been rather ironic to see many of you praising Frank Dileo as MJ's best manager, forgetting that he was the conduit allowing Eddie Cascio and James Porte to pitch their collection of fake songs to Sony in 2011. Dileo was managing James Porte, and he was the one who initiated the negotiations back then. It's yet another form of betrayal, just like Wade Robson and James Safechuck's bogus pedophilia allegations.

Now that's a serious issue.

It's been rather ironic to see many of you praising Frank Dileo as MJ's best manager, forgetting that he was the conduit allowing Eddie Cascio and James Porte to pitch their collection of fake songs to Sony in 2011. Dileo was managing James Porte, and he was the one who initiated the negotiations back then. It's yet another form of betrayal, just like Wade Robson and James Safechuck's bogus pedophilia allegations.

Now that's a serious issue.
I can't count on one hand the people who haven't betrayed Michael

I will say, Dileo doesn't strike me as the most moral character. Considering what Sheryl Crow had to say about him. But that may have been blown outta proportion too.

They are on opposite directions of the betrayal scale. Literally Acidic vs Basic. Very obnoxious comparison.
Definitely. Let's ignore the fact that he participated on the greatest fraud in music history. LOL!

You are missing the point. What I'm saying is that they both betrayed Michael Jackson. I did NOT mention a "betrayal scale" like you did in your post.

Definitely. Let's ignore the fact that he participated on the greatest fraud in music history. LOL!

You are missing the point. What I'm saying is that they both betrayed Michael Jackson. I did NOT mention a "betrayal scale" like you did in your post.
Accusations of fraudulent music is literally nothing in comparison to accusations of raping children.

Accusations of fraudulent music is literally nothing in comparison to accusations of raping children.
Did you even read what I said? LOL!

I'm not making a comparison using your "betrayal scale". What I did say is that they both betrayed Michael Jackson. Dileo was in the middle of the greatest fraud in music history and MJ was the victim. How can he be the best manager MJ has ever got? Makes absolutely no sense, and that's the point here.

Did you even read what I said? LOL!

I'm not making a comparison using your "betrayal scale". What I did say is that they both betrayed Michael Jackson. Dileo was in the middle of the greatest fraud in music history and MJ was the victim. How can he be the best manager MJ has ever got? Makes absolutely no sense, and that's the point here.
One is a betrayal, one is so severe using it in most contexts is insane and ridiculous.

You are just terminally online. This is the 2nd absolutely horrible take you've served up; I think you have problems you need to sort out.

One is a betrayal, one is so severe using it in most contexts is insane and ridiculous.

You are just terminally online. This is the 2nd absolutely horrible take you've served up; I think you have problems you need to sort out.
Mister Jay Tee, with all due respect, you are the one with 4000 messages here. Saying that I'm terminally online is a bit ironic coming from you.

Both are betrayals. Again, you are missing the point. I said it was "yet another form of betrayal, just like the (...) allegations". Never did I compare the seriousness of these events. Personally, I must agree that the allegations did more damage to Michael Jackson's legacy than the release of fradulent songs ever could. Definitely. However, this was NEVER the point in debate here. It seems to me that your are desperately trying to find fault in my words, leading you to conjure up an argument I never made.

By the way, what was the first 'absolutely horrible take' I supposedly served?

He joined about three years ago and only has 56 posts.

You have over 4k and you joined less than a year ago. Now who's "terminally online"? Hmmmm :unsure:

Back