Who would you like Mike to have collaborated with?

Ironically the 3 I would have most wanted were all approached but it just wasn't meant to be;

Whitney, Clive Davis didn't want her overexposed because of her forthcoming album at the time.

Prince saying they didn't need him on Bad, I just wish that they had attempted it and a demo existed, would have been fascinating to have them both on a track and a major selling point to a Bad Anniversay release.

Madonna, In The Closet turned out phenomenal with Princess Stephanie; her spoken voice is rather arousing (admit it!!) and Naomi Campbell is great in the video, perhaps again I would just like a version with both in existence. The Dangerous album was the perfect time for a Modonna collab.

Elton and George Michael would be my other choices and HIStory would have been a perfect time for either, especially George Michael, maybe a duet on Why, that would have been massive imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised MJ and Elton didn't attempt working together. Elton at the piano and MJ leaning on it just creating on the spot with a tape running. One session like that could have produced a number of cover versions and more than a few original ideas.

I'm surprised MJ and Elton didn't attempt working together. Elton at the piano and MJ leaning on it just creating on the spot with a tape running. One session like that could have produced a number of cover versions and more than a few original ideas.

I know when MJ was staying at his house music wasnt really a priority, but your imagine theyd have said "Ill give you a buzz about that song someday". To be honest if 2003 didnt happen he could have surprised us with who he may have worked with. im just grateful i have several Stevie and Maca songs

I know when MJ was staying at his house music wasnt really a priority, but your imagine theyd have said "Ill give you a buzz about that song someday". To be honest if 2003 didnt happen he could have surprised us with who he may have worked with. im just grateful i have several Stevie and Maca songs
True. 2003 changed everything. To think what could have been. I think Elton would have been there for MJ as he has been for other artists, just don't mention Madonna to him. :lol: Actually, a conversation between MJ and Elton about Madonna could be quite interesting, could have been released as one of those bootleg CD's. Seriously though, those two on the right day could have yielded something quite brilliant.

Man, something with David Bowie would've been incredible, especially if they just got lost in it!!

Prince saying they didn't need him on Bad, I just wish that they had attempted it and a demo existed, would have been fascinating to have them both on a track and a major selling point to a Bad Anniversay release.
There's a rumor that Prince recorded Bad himself and that his version is in his vault of unreleased songs. I don't know if that's true or not.

I wish Mike could have really worked with Minnie Riperton, instead of just overdubbing his voice on an unreleased song she recorded. Here's some others I pick:

Terence Trent D'Arby
Des'ree
Steely Dan
Depeche Mode
Roger Troutman (It's been said he worked on the original version of Smooth Criminal and Roger is mentioned in the album credits. I'd like to hear that as I have several albums by Zapp)
B.B. King
Steve Vai
Sun Ra
Teena Marie
Billy Idol
En Vogue
Charley Pride
Raul Midon
Maurice White or Philip Bailey
Chuck Brown (I think Mike doing a go go song would be interesting)
Johnnie Taylor
Tony! Toni! Toné!
Joss Stone
Corinne Drewery

Justin Timberlake + Timbaland. To me, you can't do a JT collaboration without Timbaland. Prince, Whitney Houston (well, in the early-mid 90s), Missy Elliott, Britney Spears, Janet again, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga & Beyoncé.

Back