Why did Michael stop performing Bad and TWYMMF on Dangerous Tour

analogue

Proud Member
At the start of the tour, Michael performed those two songs, but then later on they were dropped. Why is this? My guess is that Michael was sick of performing those songs after performing them so much in the BAD Tour, so he wanted a break from them. Or the shows were getting too physically exhausting for Michael, so he cut them for that reason. Or, maybe he was just unhappy with the way the band sounded on those songs

What ever the reason. It was a little disappointing that those songs were dropped

Snap. I think it may have been the energy they required- being two pretty upbeat tracks.

Of all the songs that were on the original setlist, I can see why these two would be replaced though.

Jam - Obvious, album opener, great concert opener
WBSS - Staple live song
Human Nature - Live favourite, slow number to get back energy
Smooth Criminal - Theatrical live song, choreography
IJCSLY - Siedah duet, she needed to earn her wages!
SOOML - Excuse to feel up some hot girls
Motown Medley - Obvious
Thriller - Obvious I suppose
Billie Jean - Obvious
Workin Day & Night - Magic illusion, chaos/improvs
Beat It - Obvious
Will You Be There - New album Track
TWYMMF - previous album track, not much theatrics, didnt sing live
Bad - previous album track, not much theatrics, choreography, only sang samll bit live
Black or White - Lead single
Heal The World - New album track, inspirational etc
MITM - epic finisher

I suppose when you take into account how long the show would have been (not to mention draining) you could see why he picked those two as they were as stand out-ish performance wise also?

I think a bigger question I'd have would be why wasn't Remember the Time added to the show in the place of either Bad or TWYMMF from the start. It strange how few Dangerous songs he performed. (Not really actually, considering he did 2 songs from Bad in the 87 tour).

In a nutshell- show was probably a bit too long and draining so needed to make a hard decision.

Last edited:
I mean.... With every new tour there are more new songs to add and they have to take out songs to fit other ones.. I guess we would have to ask ourselves IF we made the set list for Dangerous what would it be..

Give about 16 performances and have to have a decent amount of new songs..

Probably something like this

1. Jam
2. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
3. Human Nature
4. Smooth Criminal
5. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. Jackson 5 Medley
8. Thriller
9. Billie Jean
10. Who Is It
11. Working Day And Night
12. Beat It
13. Will You Be There
14. Give Into Me or Remember The Time (Later replaced with Dangerous)
15. Black Or White
16. Heal The World
17. Man In The Mirror

Last edited:
^I would have taken out "Working Day and Night"-and NOT because I don't love it-I would think that would be one exhausting number!!!!

Back