Why did MJ not support Invincible with a tour?

Looking back at it now, I'm glad he didn't tour Invincible for a few reasons.

1. He was busy being a dad, I know it made him truly happy to be a father and looking back at his life, I'm thankful he got to spend a few years out the spotlight to fulfil a dream close to his heart.

2. He wasn't in the right space, physically or mentally for a tour. This is the first time I remember seeing him in public looking out of it and I think a gruelling tour would have only pushed him further rely on painkillers.

3. He didn't seem like Michael during 2001. Only going on the MSG shows (we all know the stories) but he didn't seem to have that sharpness and edge to him, that he looked to have previously in 1999. The last thing he needed was his confidence taking a hit, if the shows weren't filled with that Michael magic. Especially when you think it was around this time, singers were starting to be called out for lip-syncing.

But I would have loved to have seen Whatever Happens, Break Of Dawn and Speechless live.

^ Well here's another view though... What if this mental and physical state he was in had a driving factor of what was going on between him and Sony? Of course this is all theory, but maybe IF things were going well he would have been in a good mental state to tour or have performances which in return would have helped his physical state... The mental effected his physical for sure!!

Back