will.i.am talking about Michael on 'The Voice' ( new UK TV series)[MERGED]

myosotis

Proud Member
Did anyone else see will.i.am on 'The Voice', talking about his time with Michael recording in Ireland?

Is it just me ( probably is!)...or did he seem to denigrate and mock Michael...I was really shocked. Throughout the programme, will.i.am capitalised on having worked with Michael, constantly 'bigging himself up' as having worked with the best of the best, but I really didn't like his personal anecdote and in particular the derogatory manner in which this was given.

Here is a clip ...relevant part starts at about 40 seconds:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: will.i.am talking about Michael on 'The Voice' ( new UK TV series)

The voice was ehhh....but i guess thats what Michael is known for aswell. being soft spoken.

Will.I.Am talking about Michael Jackson again?

pinchofsalt-carousel.jpg

Just give us the songs allready. Stop Milking it.

He will release the songs. It's not about "the right time", it's not about Michael being the perfectionist, it's not about their friendship, it's not even about how complete the vocals are. It's only about the money. We just need to wait for the offer that he can't refuse. Instead of paying millions to Cascios for the fake songs, Estate could have payed him whatever amount he wanted.

^^It's always about the money. ALWAYS!

He's just waiting for the 'right' context to release the tracks so people don't call him a hypocrite right away (as I'm sure a lot of people will, and should). It doesn't matter if he was gonna release the tracks a few days after he said what he said or if he's gonna release them in a few years from now. He's still a hypocrite.

I really don't get why is so HILARIOUS to hear someone trying to talk like Michael Jackson. But I guess that's just because I'm an MJ fan.

Love that jacket, anybody knows where can I get one for myself ?

T.N.A.;3614602 said:
^^It's always about the money. ALWAYS!

He's just waiting for the 'right' context to release the tracks so people don't call him a hypocrite right away (as I'm sure a lot of people will, and should). It doesn't matter if he was gonna release the tracks a few days after he said what he said or if he's gonna release them in a few years from now. He's still a hypocrite.

He certainly seems to be the highest paid 'mentor' on the programme, according to press accounts, so he negotiated a very favourable deal there.

I wonder to what extent he is expected to come up with new stories about Michael, to justify the expenditure. I wonder what his other 'selling points' were to justify this very high fee?

'The Voice' in numbers
£22m The price reportedly paid by the BBC for the British rights

£650,000 Budget per episode – around half ITV’s weekly bill for The X Factor

£500,000 Will.i.am’s reported salary for taking part in the programme
£300,000 Tom Jones’s reported salary

£200,000 Jessie J’s reported salary

£100,000 Danny O’Donoghue’s reported salary. The Strictly judges reportedly get £90,000

37m Peak audience for the recent opening episode of series two in the US, the highest ratings for an American entertainment show for six years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9153878/The-Voice-has-The-X-Factor-met-its-match.html

I don't believe he has much material of any consequence.

The Voice UK Will.i.am MJ Impression

Hi guys
just wanted to share a video form the UK voice. Its will.i.am competing with Tom Jones and he does a impression of mj when they were recording in ireland. I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_7-d8CYQgs

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Voice UK Will.i.am MJ Impression

LOL Will gets one up on Tom Jones that was hillarious :rollin:

So whom has the guy chosen at the end? :smilerolleyes:

LOL Will gets one up on Tom Jones that was hillarious :rollin:

All you gotta do is mention Michael and you'll get one up on anybody

I didn't have a problem with Will using 'that' Michael voice, it's no different to Chris Tucker doing the same thing. I don't believe it was meant to mock at all.

his not mocking michael, everyone puts on a voice when there re quote something funny. I found it funny when Tom tried boasting about Elvis and then Will.i.am came back with MJ. especially about the bit about making the music and that people will want to EAT IT!

I didn't see it as Will "mocking" Michael at all. Maybe the clip alone makes it out that way but Tom Jones was talking for about 5 minutes about a day he went to Elvis' house in Hawaii, then Will.I.Am responded with his story about living with Michael in Ireland. It was a funny story and it should be no surprise to us that Will.I.Am is never going to stop talking about working with Michael. If I had lived with Michael for a while, I know I'd never shut up about it!

Don't get why it's so HILARIOUS to hear him try to do an MJ voice though.

Don't get why it's so HILARIOUS to hear him try to do an MJ voice though.

That wasn't the funny part for me. What made it funny was Tom Jones talking about visiting Elvis at his house and thinking that no one could beat his story; then Will butts in with, "I lived with Michael Jackson".

That wasn't the funny part for me. What made it funny was Tom Jones talking about visiting Elvis at his house and thinking that no one could beat his story; then Will butts in with, "I lived with Michael Jackson".
Talking about the ppl laughing when he starts putting on the MJ voice.

But yes, it was funny how he owned him.

It was a funny/cute moment.:upside_down:

It was nice to hear this short story from the studio. : )

Yea,it wasn't that irritating of him imitating Michael's voice I believe,Chris Tucker always does it and P.Diddy in that Beyonce story etc.
They just want to add a humorous tune to their narrating.But geez,Michael's voice is not to laugh out loud hard.It's smooth and beautiful.

Irrelevant PS: I didn't know Jessie J was a judge!!! (LOL)

It was good to see the Tom Jones bit before it as well. That made it epic. Right back at ya mate! I like Will.I.Am. He wasn't speaking dirt about Michael. What he said about the recording was brilliant, because that is how we know Michael, he would say that.
I just can't get used to people trying to do his voice. I know he doesn't mean anything with it, I just hate it, cos for some reason they make him sound unserious, while making music was serious business for Michael.

I liked the story, Im glad Will told it and put it in Tom Jones (Elvis story) face ... It was funny
Tom was saying he could Judge the song better becuase he spent time with Elvis listening to him play
and so Will gave a humorous reply to that about Michael .. it was fitting

" make the beat more aggresive .. make it tasty so they want to eat it" :)

Someone speaking soft like Michael when they tell a story isnt an insult
Only if they are telling a insulting story .. which Will was not.

There is nothign wrong with Will relaying stories about Michael
Its the time place and reason we judge when people use Michael's name
IMO this was the perfect timing, reason and story for the situation.

earthlyme;3615205 said:
Tom goes "I spent a day with Elivs"… Will goes "I lived in Ireland with Michael"… :lol:

Epic...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

That is funny. I am sure spending time with Elvis was a great experience but if you got to live with Michael that is bigger. If the story is positive then it doesn't bother me so much if they try to sound like Michael. Did Tom Jones ever know or meet Michael? I am almost hesistant to know.

That is funny. I am sure spending time with Elvis was a great experience but if you got to live with Michael that is bigger. If the story is positive then it doesn't bother me so much if they try to sound like Michael. Did Tom Jones ever know or meet Michael? I am almost hesistant to know.

I remember there being an interview where Tom said that Michael visited him in his house one day (I think it may have been the Dangerous era but i'm not 100% sure) and Tom said that Michael was a lovely guy

Back